Don't trust JUDDD..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry you think I'm not being supportive, but I still think you need to settle on a plan and go forward with it. I feel I was very welcoming and supportive with inital juddd information, in June, July and at the start of August. Now I'm at the point of just repeating the information, I think I'm continuing to be supportive by encouraging you to make a decisive choice in your plans.

It is further interesting that when looking at your previous posts in several other forums that you have accused other members of being equally unsupportive and criticising comments that you have made.

16 lost : 51 to goal

laurenmay said:
& for your information -- I do background research before I try any diet, I spend hours and hours researching.. That doesn't mean I won't get confused, sceptical or doubtful.

When you continually question the basics of a diet that other people are trying to attempt and get their head around it will make people become defensive.

16 lost : 51 to goal

Why you leaving hun? I think people really are supporting you. I haven't read all your threads but it seems you've been really confused about finding something that works for you but you've obviously done it before so you'll do it again. I reckon people would be genuinely happy for you when you find something great and start losing weight on it. I could be wrong but I think what may have bothered some people is that the title of this thread suggests that JUDDD isn't to be trusted which is of course not what you meant.

Whatever you decide, I really do wish you all the best hun x x

Juddd aside I personally think all the time your spending pondering o er what diet to do is time wasted when u could be cracking on with something. You don't even need to follow a particular plan to lose weight, just eat less and move more is a good place to start.

I'm wondering perhaps if all your stalling and saying you don't trust diets is perhaps a way of avoiding going on one. To
Lose weight you have to be dedicated a d focused, no one can do it for you and If you don't want it bad enough you won't succeed, do some soul searching, stop
Looking at what you did look like and focus on what you want for your future. No one can do or say anything to get you focused or motivated it has to come from you. Pick a plan and stick to it 100% just for 1 month, but I
Mean 100% no cheats no tweaks just do what it says. See how you feel
After a month and decide if you want to
Continue
On that plan or switch to another or stop all
Together. If you want to
Lose weight and put your all into
It you'll succeed. Don't waste anymore time, get stuck in and join some groups on here that are doing the same diet and you'll get all
The support you need.

Dieting is a very personal and emotive journey for many people. Several of your questions have asked how can this diet work and does it work. Several people have replied that it does for them. If it was the one diet that worked for everyone - we'd all be doing it and would all be thin! Different diets work for different people, but I think it is a case of trial and error. I'm not sure you need to prove anything to anyone here, I think as much as this is a support forum, people are generally here for their own support. I'm afraid some of your posts on this forum struck a negative chord with me too. Rather than getting upset about it, it might be worth re reading them to see if you can understand why. I've found the people here very thoughtful, sensitive and helpful. Good luck with your own journey.

juju_doll said:
Dieting is a very personal and emotive journey for many people. Several of your questions have asked how can this diet work and does it work. Several people have replied that it does for them. If it was the one diet that worked for everyone - we'd all be doing it and would all be thin! Different diets work for different people, but I think it is a case of trial and error. I'm not sure you need to prove anything to anyone here, I think as much as this is a support forum, people are generally here for their own support. I'm afraid some of your posts on this forum struck a negative chord with me too. Rather than getting upset about it, it might be worth re reading them to see if you can understand why. I've found the people here very thoughtful, sensitive and helpful. Good luck with your own journey.

Well said :) xx

English is not my first language so I might be totally out here but to me your title read it as a caution *Do not trust JUDDD*,if it would have been titled I do not trust JUDD that would have been much clear from the onset. Whichever road you choose someone that struggled all her life to maintain a slim and healthy body wishes you all the best and much success.

passionflower said:
English is not my first language so I might be totally out here but to me your title read it as a caution *Do not trust JUDDD*,if it would have been titled I do not trust JUDD that would have been much clear from the onset. Whichever road you choose someone that struggled all her life to maintain a slim and healthy body wishes you all the best and much success.

I think that's how we all read it. Nothing to do with English not being your first language Hun - your English sounds perfect to me :)

The power of punctuation 'Do not trust JUDDD?'

Kind of thinking we should see if we can get this thread erased as it isn't going to inspire anyone as it had a bit of a sad ending. So much positivity going on on this amazing forum and thats what the focus should be on, I would hate for someone considering any diet (espesh JUDDD) to click on here and be put off as tbh it doesn't make for happy reading :-(
I read back through it and so much great advice and helpful comments were given and its a real shame it ended the way it did but I guess some people have to discover these things on their own. Well done for all the effort guys, troopers :) xxx

Totally agree misery will breath more misery maybe the mods can help.

I'm a teacher too - and consequently a punctuation Nazi!! I'm the same with Internet dating profiles - if you can't use an apostrophe I'm not interested!

juju_doll said:
I'm a teacher too - and consequently a punctuation Nazi!! I'm the same with Internet dating profiles - if you can't use an apostrophe I'm not interested!

Ha ha!! I'm exactly the same on Internet dating - if spelling and punctuation is wrong I don't want to know. If they are sloppy about punctuation what else will they let go lol!!! X

juju_doll said:

Hehehe, do you know I have basically just that written on my dating site profile?! Obviously none of them read it though as I still get 'I went their on holiday' etc etc! I am pretty easy going on here as we are essentially just mates chatting (and when I use my i-phone my spelling is 'interesting' to say the least!) but where it counts such as the title of this thread it is important!!

Caroline_Louise said:
Hehehe, do you know I have basically just that written on my dating site profile?! Obviously none of them read it though as I still get 'I went their on holiday' etc etc! I am pretty easy going on here as we are essentially just mates chatting (and when I use my i-phone my spelling is 'interesting' to say the least!) but where it counts such as the title of this thread it is important!!

Mine says exactly the same - how funny ;-) How go they think they are going to impress a lady like that? Yeah my spelling/typing on my iPhone leaves a lot to be desired :) But that thread and the negativity really bugged me a lot! I'm glad I'm not the only one :) xx

I wouldn't get rid of the thread. It is an interesting read and throws up a couple of really good points about us as individuals.

I have to admit I didn't read anything from anyone that was overly negative, until OP got frustrated by some comments she obviously felt were too negative.

Laurenmay, if you are still here, please don't give up. This is the only thread I've read you on and you sound as though your head is all over the place, buying shakes and replacement meals and not finishing them and, virtually, giving them away.

Perhaps you could try my 'method'? When I decided I was going to try and lose weight I spent a year cleaning up my diet, cutting out all of the unecessary bits, sugars, sweets, chocolate, fats and salt in cooking etc, etc. It helped me realise that I eat quite healthily but I eat a LOT of food. Probably a hang over from when I was a fit aerobics instructor!

Then I worked out that I didn't want or need a fast fix, despite being about 6 stone overweight (OMG did I really just type that out loud?). So I did a bit of reading, tried a stupid meal replacement diet a friend recommended, gave her the sachets I had just bought and had a rethink. JUDDD just sounded right to me. I got the book so I could check Johnsons references. Lecturing on a University campus means I have access to a lot of science journals. I liked the sound of it, the weight loss seemed to be secondary to the health benefits... all good.

So I started, well I rushed in a bit, and failed. But still liked the idea of it. So in July, at the end of term, I started again and have really enjoyed it!

I'm not saying JUDDD will be for you, but just thought you might benefit from slowing down and thinking more than trying, trying, trying.

Anyway, whatever you choose, good luck!

(sorry if that all came out really patronising, I go back to work on Monday and my teacher head is back on :D )

I agree, dieting can be blimmin evil half the time anyway and this forum is most people's saviour so it does not need polluting with bad feeling! Is everyone happy for me to contact moderators re getting it removed? We are all having a good old natter now so perhaps we should open a 'general natter' thread instead!? Out of every negative we can find a positive lol! x

Looking at previous posts I don't think we are the only ones - on here or throughout the forum. But currently, having eaten a carvery lunch and a cream scone I'm very happy on this diet. Hoorah to JUDDD. And the correct use of their/there/they're and don't even get me started on its it's .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back