dont understand

gonnabesmall

is doin this
ive lost nearly a stone and a half (im 1.5lb of the half) which i think is quite a bit. i was a size 16 when i started at 14 st 3lb now 12.12 and im still a size 16.really thought id be a bit smaller by now.
i even bought a new pair of size 16 jeans from asda and i couldent even pull them up they were mega tight .
when will i start to notice a change in my clothes as im stll waering the same size 16 as i was wearing before and really not noticing any great change.
how much weight do you have to loose to drop a size?
sorry to moan AGAIN....

Generally it's about a stone but everyone varies.
When I lost a stone my clothes were bigger but it wasn't a full size.
Now that I only have 3.5 pounds to get to two stone there is a large difference.
When I started my size 14's were very tight and I couldn't get into some. So I guess I was more of a 16 though I would never have admitted it.
Now I easily get into all my size 12's and also into my size 10's though a couple are a little tight.
One girl at class went down a dress size after losing 8 pounds and another is still in the same size after losing 2 stone, so we are all different.
You will get there.. Just have a little patience!

Maybe your weight is coming off places that don't affect your clothing size? Were they tight size 16s before? You can't compare size 16 in one shop to another shop either.

You're doing so well...wear the size you have to and don't worry about it! I think you've done sooooo well! x

It's going to be different for everyone. I find it depends which shop i try things on in. I do find asda on the small side. A size 14 in there i cannot do up, whereas in dorothy perkins i find a size 14 ok. 1 and 1/2 st is fantastic and i think you will drop a size soon. Do you exercise? sometimes that can help with changing body shape and toning

Awe bless you, I can tell you are feeling down about this, but don't be. You have done fantastic so far and as has already been said, all shop sizes differ. I know you want to be that 14 but if you go into some other shops and try clothes on, I bet you will fit lovely into a size 14. It is so annoying when the sizes aren't standard in all shops. But cheer up and concentrate on your achievements so far, the rest will come.

thank you girls . alot of what you all said makes sense.its just a bit depressing when your doin well and still wearing the same size.im wondering if ive dreamt this weight loss as nobody i know have commented mind you i havent told anyone im doing a diet but surley people can notice.
i have noticed my waist is smaller a bit anyway and when i wear my old size 16 jeans my muffintop isnt quite so big as i was so i guess i am smaller.
to me when i can go into a shop and just pick up a size 14 thats when il know...might go dorothy perkins ha ha
i dont know its hard isnt it

Have you done your measurements?

Like whats been said before, its best to compare clothes from the same shop, that way the sizes should be consisent! Im a 16/18 now, bu when i started i was easily a 20/22 although didnt really buy new clohes, just stretched the ones I had! I know its hard when things still seem tight, but just imagine how much tighter they'd be if you werent doing something about it!

no i havent done any measurments at all but still keep thinking a stone and half is a lot of weight gues il have to wear my super pants at christmas doo to smooth out the lumps eh..ha ha
as for exercise i do the wi not a lot but also have 4 children under 7 so most of the time my arse dont touch the floor it never stops in my house allways running around ie school walks 6 times a day more when eldest has clubs then if its not school its beavers the list goes on,thats why i dont bother too much with my wii-ing.

I reckon you should take your measurements today and track them each month. I bet you'll notice a big difference then!

Good luck - keep up the hard work! x

hi there

i can totally relate to whatyou are going through ive been at slimming world know for 14 weeks lost just over 3 stone but still finding my clothes fit they are a little bit snug but thats it like you i was very disappointed but dont be to lose 1.5 stone is fanstastic but i will give you ther same advice someone gave me measure yourself you may notice the differnce more but hang in there just wait till you go into a shop and you buy that smaller size that feeling will be great goodluck

s

gosh thats abrilliant weight loss wish i could do that too.il keep going though.ive been doing this on my own since beginning of september so about 14 weeks too.wow wish i lost nearly 3 stone in that time.dont have a grup or consultant so think im doin ok quite strict with myself apart from the odd mince pie and cream but hey tis nearly christmas.
but i will start measuring myself bit of tow rope should do it ha ha x

Hi! As said, your old clothes will likely have stretched with wear and washing so although they say size 16 on the label they are probably not the same as a size 16 new off the hanger. So you probably have changed size!

I've lost a stone and exercise 30mins every day but have yet to drop a dress size. My 18's are loose on me (especially the trousers I bought the week before I started SW) but I can't yet get into a 16.

(Oh and Asda sizes come up quite small so your size 16 jeans are more likely a 14!)

Hi I am the same. I have been around this weight and sixe for about 5 years and although I fluctuate between 14stone and 12stone 3lb I am still a size 16. That is why I plan to get to 11 and a half hoping that I will finally be able to buy size 14 clothes. I am 12stone 4lb now and my size 16s are getting big on me. I hope that spurs you on a bit more :)

How is that possible? x

Back