Don't you just hate it when....

...the house is a right royal state, and needs a deep clean. Yet you have a stinking cold with all the works, and the last thing you want to do is clean skirting boards and light switches et al. Looks like I have a cleaning week starting Monday!

Oh, and DYJHIW you make a special trip out to get shizzle, and they don't have it in stock, so you have to compromise over your centrepieces :( Even the lady in the shop was trying to reassure me they would look nice - I must have looked mighty pee'd off! Lesson of the day: Call before you head out to check stock. Oh, and Hobbycraft, you kinda suck at the moment :D

...the house is a right royal state, and needs a deep clean. Yet you have a stinking cold with all the works, and the last thing you want to do is clean skirting boards and light switches et al. Looks like I have a cleaning week starting Monday!

Oh, and DYJHIW you make a special trip out to get shizzle, and they don't have it in stock, so you have to compromise over your centrepieces :( Even the lady in the shop was trying to reassure me they would look nice - I must have looked mighty pee'd off! Lesson of the day: Call before you head out to check stock. Oh, and Hobbycraft, you kinda suck at the moment :D

Hobbycraft are crap all the time, and blimmin' expensive!

Very much so! I left with a pink piece of paper, which got crumpled on the way home :grumble: and an angel fish wooden buildy type effort.
Last time I went I must have been in a better mood, as it seemed like an amazing, sparkly place full of ideas and possibilities. Yesterday it seemed pretty darn pointless.

She speaKs the truth!!

I get all my craft stuff from Pats Crafty Bitz, reasonably priced and she's cracker is Pat. Plus it's right next to Hobbycraft!!

DYJHIW You've got an epic hangover and you can't type :eek:

Try the following
Craft Superstore
Craft Creations
Crafters companion
Beaders companion

I have more just can't remember them at mo!

DYJHIW you are trying to entertain yourself on a long journey by catching up on minis posts via your phone and every time you try to load a new page of posts up your phone loses network signal.

DYJHIW you are trying to entertain yourself on a long journey by catching up on minis posts via your phone and every time you try to load a new page of posts up your phone loses network signal.

YES!
Or you try to post and it times out and you have to type the post again!

OK (forgive me if this seems heartless)
DYJHIW you have a sad anniversary (yesterday) but don't like to go on about it, and your niece's dog dies today and year to the day after your sister's dog died, and it all becomes about them and their loss.

I suppose I ought to explain. I had a rough miscarriage 9 years ago and yesterday would have been her 9th birthday, I know I should have gotten over it by now and it wasn't a real baby(thought I am convinced it was a girl), etc etc but she was real to me, I'm the only one who remembers the date so it's not their fault, I just feel a bit sad that's all, and the photos of the dogs on FB just seems to be rubbing it in. See told you I was a cow!

I suppose I ought to explain. I had a rough miscarriage 9 years ago and yesterday would have been her 9th birthday, I know I should have gotten over it by now and it wasn't a real baby(thought I am convinced it was a girl), etc etc but she was real to me, I'm the only one who remembers the date so it's not their fault, I just feel a bit sad that's all, and the photos of the dogs on FB just seems to be rubbing it in. See told you I was a cow!

I know how you feel Shirl, I've lost 2 and find that people often don't treat it like an actual death because you didn't have an actual baby iykwim. I struggled a lot and eventually saw a counsellor. Hope you are ok xxxxxxx

On the second anniversary of losing the first, my ex called me and asked did I fancy doing something that evening. I thought he'd remembered and was trying to cheer me up, but no, it was the start of the rugby season so he took me to a Saints game. I was stood on the terrace in front of a fat man eating a pie and his belly kept knocking me off my perch- it all got on top of me and I burst in to tears, beat my ex in front if a 12,000 strong crowd and stormed off.

He remembered the year after.

Shirleen said:
DYJHIW you have a sad anniversary (yesterday) but don't like to go on about it, and your niece's dog dies today and year to the day after your sister's dog died, and it all becomes about them and their loss.

Shirleen, so sorry,big hugs xx @-}--

Ah Shirleen, :bighug:
You are not heartless, and I don't believe there is any time-scale by which you should have got over it. It is a very real loss, and one which is often ignored. All the hugs in the world to you.

Shirleen said:

Struggling to see what in this post makes you either heartless or a cow.

AM so struggling to see why people feel the need to post when their dog has died all over facebook, or why it's expected of everyone else to indulge someone when their pet dies, but it's okay for them to not remember this incident for you.

See, that probably makes me heartless......

Thanks guys, I just feel like....it's a dog, they don't live as long as humans you should know that....that's where Im a heartless cow!

I have two dogs and I love them dearly, but the lose of a dog is nothing in comparison for the lose of a child, so no I don't think your a cow, you lost your child and have a right to grieve that loss.

Thanks guys, I just feel like....it's a dog, they don't live as long as humans you should know that....that's where Im a heartless cow!

My dog is the love of my life (she was bought by my ex to "cheer me up" after the first miscarriage) and I'd be gutted if anything happened to her, but then I wouldn't expect anyone else to feel the same!!

Agreed hunny 110%

Big hugs - have you reminded them of the date? xx

Nope. This is the first time I've reminded anyone in 9 years, so it's my own fault, ad they have the right to mourn too, I wish I hadn't posted now, I just needed to give vent to my feelings.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, if I offended anyone.

Shirleen I'm never good with words but big hugs!!!

Big loves too

Xxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back