Don't you just hate it when....

Children in need/'Comic' Relief/ *insert charity telethon, takes over everything.
Or that you get chugged by two charities on your doorstep in one night!

Your boobs accidentally lean on the keyboard at work and manage to turn the screen sideways! They're a liability and have a mind of their own! Haha

When you put on a pair of trousers that you haven't worn for a while (this is the good bit - 'cos I can get into them easily again!) and it is not until you have been at work for an hour and a half that you realise the reason you had not worn them for a while was probably more to do with the fact that the zip won't stay done up, even though it is not under any strain now! Of course you have chosen a day when you are wearing a shorter top than usual and the only way to get the top to cover said offending zip would be by pulling it down so far that you look like you are trying to get into 'Reader's Wives.' :D (If you have to ask, you don't want to know!)

This is of course all made worse by the fact that you work with 1000 teenage school kids and it would really make their day to see 'miss' walking around the school in that 'unzippered' state! :rolleyes:

Your washing machine decides to pack up and not drain water away halfway through a cycle with ALL. Your work stuff in?? 3 hours later and still none the wiser what to so and lots of wet laundry in there..... :( very sad face

Your washing machine decides to pack up and not drain water away halfway through a cycle with ALL. Your work stuff in?? 3 hours later and still none the wiser what to so and lots of wet laundry in there..... :( very sad face

Hi hun, this has happened to us a few times. What it is (I think) is the filter is blocked. What we had to do was drag it outside & take out the filter & clean it. We found lots of fluff, hair etc was caught up in it...we obviously took it outside as the water runs out everywhere & we live in a flat so wud flood downstairs. If you are in a house you could open it but have loads of towels or blankets or something to soak up all the water....

big bear said:
Hi hun, this has happened to us a few times. What it is (I think) is the filter is blocked. What we had to do was drag it outside & take out the filter & clean it. We found lots of fluff, hair etc was caught up in it...we obviously took it outside as the water runs out everywhere & we live in a flat so wud flood downstairs. If you are in a house you could open it but have loads of towels or blankets or something to soak up all the water....

Hi Big Bear, I am a fiddler and couldn't let this get the better of me! Am also in a flat so took precautions.... Opened the door very slowly and drained all water into bowls and had towels down. Scooped as much out as possible then opened the filter (filling bowls as quickly as possible!). Got a torch, had a look and low and behold there was a hair grip blocking the fan thing! Boyfriend said it's part of the pump but I prefer fan thing :)

So no water in it and going to attempt to wash my stuff now. Got to be up at 4 and worried about leaving it on and finding it full of water again *eek!*

Thank you and wish me luck! Xx

Hi Big Bear, I am a fiddler and couldn't let this get the better of me! Am also in a flat so took precautions.... Opened the door very slowly and drained all water into bowls and had towels down. Scooped as much out as possible then opened the filter (filling bowls as quickly as possible!). Got a torch, had a look and low and behold there was a hair grip blocking the fan thing! Boyfriend said it's part of the pump but I prefer fan thing :)

So no water in it and going to attempt to wash my stuff now. Got to be up at 4 and worried about leaving it on and finding it full of water again *eek!*

Thank you and wish me luck! Xx

It should be fine now babes. Maybe do a quick wash so you don't have to wait up ages. Fingers crossed that was the problem XX

when I make a cup of tea because I'm gasping for me. Leave it to brew, go back to it and its cold. Love my microwave :p haha

You get home from a nice weekend with the family and feel horrid - sore throat, icky nose, muzzy head, dodgy stomach... urgghh!

Think it might be a case of turn up to class this evening after work, weigh and then go home to a hot wheat bag and trashy tv while tucked up on the sofa with the duvet and lemsip!

big bear said:
It should be fine now babes. Maybe do a quick wash so you don't have to wait up ages. Fingers crossed that was the problem XX

Yay!! All was fine and my stuff was washed and dried when I woke up. Now if only it could iron and fold... Lol. Thanks again :) xx

Luckily the stuff at the back was still frozen solid, just the front stuff was a teeny bit squishy. But no puddles on the floor so not as bad as I first thought. Mainly cheapy things like frozen peas as sausages :)

Sausage and peas for tea then!

...you can't ask for a favour (never can do this) and then get bent out of shape over how you are always doing stuff for others and no-one ever does for you, and the worst bit is it's your own fault!

Back