Don't you just hate it when....

kimmykins2008 said:
finally getting to sit down at the end of a rather busy and hectic day and only then realising you have not turned the tv on or have left the remote at the opposite end of the room!!

I hate that!

DYJHIW you have a bad knee n constantly bang it by accident...why can't I bang the other instead?? And I've just straightened my leg out, my knee cracked n now it's killing grrrr :-(

Ah hugs hunny

Not really a lot to say - she needs to make her own decisions and mistakes to enable her to learn from them.

And as long as your dad allows her to behave like this and continues to support her, she'll most probably carry on.

Not a lot you can do or say I dont think tbh.

Have you maybe thought about mentioning your angel babies name and asking her not to use it? Does she know what it is in the first place? xx

Only thing is Dad doesn't really allow her to behave like it, in that he doesn't allow her to have guys stay over or even in her room at home (until now no-one knew about her seeing both guys). I think because he had no trouble with the 3 oldest of us (there's 5 of us altogether) lying about where we were when we went out he assumed he could trust her too when she said she was staying round a girl mates house for the night.

And yeah she knows I called my angel Joshua and our Mum had a word because apparently sis was saying she really liked the name but she doesn't seem to have grasped that it could be upsetting but if she does decide to use the name I suppose living so far away would work in my favour so that I could be a "happy mask" on while visiting family x

Only thing is Dad doesn't really allow her to behave like it, in that he doesn't allow her to have guys stay over or even in her room at home (until now no-one knew about her seeing both guys). I think because he had no trouble with the 3 oldest of us (there's 5 of us altogether) lying about where we were when we went out he assumed he could trust her too when she said she was staying round a girl mates house for the night.

And yeah she knows I called my angel Joshua and our Mum had a word because apparently sis was saying she really liked the name but she doesn't seem to have grasped that it could be upsetting but if she does decide to use the name I suppose living so far away would work in my favour so that I could be a "happy mask" on while visiting family x

Oh darling I am so sorry. I understand how you feel, it feels like a kick in the teeth right now.
But right now your sister is probably feeling a bit scared, she hasn't told anyone until she was 27 weeks, that's massive. She has carried that burden on her own. I'm assuming she may not have had any medical treatment either. No-one to ask questions, no-one to share the excitement with. Thank Goodness she told someone and didn't give birth alone and leave the baby on someone's doorstep.

I understand entirely how you feel about the baby's name, and unless you tell her it would be upsetting she may feel she is giving you a link to her baby.

At the heart of all this is a baby who didn't ask to be born and already has so many problems. Perhaps you could pour some of the love for your baby Joshua into this babies welfare?
Sorry if that sounds trite, but it's what I did. My friends first baby was born with Downs Syndrome, they live in Australia and I could safely pour my love into praying for her, making a scrapbook etc. But there was a couple of years gap so maybe it was easier.

Make sure you talk to someone close to you about how you feel babe xxxx

Oh darling I am so sorry. I understand how you feel, it feels like a kick in the teeth right now.
But right now your sister is probably feeling a bit scared, she hasn't told anyone until she was 27 weeks, that's massive. She has carried that burden on her own. I'm assuming she may not have had any medical treatment either. No-one to ask questions, no-one to share the excitement with. Thank Goodness she told someone and didn't give birth alone and leave the baby on someone's doorstep.

I understand entirely how you feel about the baby's name, and unless you tell her it would be upsetting she may feel she is giving you a link to her baby.

At the heart of all this is a baby who didn't ask to be born and already has so many problems. Perhaps you could pour some of the love for your baby Joshua into this babies welfare?
Sorry if that sounds trite, but it's what I did. My friends first baby was born with Downs Syndrome, they live in Australia and I could safely pour my love into praying for her, making a scrapbook etc. But there was a couple of years gap so maybe it was easier.

Make sure you talk to someone close to you about how you feel babe xxxx

Thanks Shirleen, that's why I felt such a cowbag as the baby hasn't asked for the mess his mum is/has created.

Just had a long chat with mum on the phone, she only found out from a friend who'd seen sis out and about with a bump and this is how the family found out, she'd been hiding it at home by wearing baggy clothes when Dad was at home. But all her friends and half the neighbours knew and she's been seeing the doctor since she first found out when she was a few weeks gone and had all scans, etc. Apparently she chose not to tell any of the family because we, and I quote, "don't need to know until he's born and I need a babysitter". Don't get me wrong we're never going to win the award for the closest family but we're not totally dysfunctional (even if we do sound it rite now :p) and she could have spoken to any of us, no-one would have had a go or anything which she knows.

Since speaking to my mum I'm thinking the name thing is sis trying to assert some control as she thinks she's lost control of the situation because she didn't want family knowing until the baby was born. Since writing on here I've kind of come to peace with it after all if I'd have had my Joshua I wouldn't be feeling like this about the possibility of him having a cousin of the same name.

My sis obviously has some issues with the rest of the family and the main thing should be helping her and her lil man when he arrives :) x

DYJHIT............

You spend your first day of hol off work sat waiting at home for the bloke from OH work to come and unblock the drain as OH has been made to work away AGAIN......rather then going for the long walk, pamper and film you have planned to do to kick start my 'week of work to do loads of exercise and stuff' ARGHHHHHHH

Thanks Shirleen, that's why I felt such a cowbag as the baby hasn't asked for the mess his mum is/has created.

Just had a long chat with mum on the phone, she only found out from a friend who'd seen sis out and about with a bump and this is how the family found out, she'd been hiding it at home by wearing baggy clothes when Dad was at home. But all her friends and half the neighbours knew and she's been seeing the doctor since she first found out when she was a few weeks gone and had all scans, etc. Apparently she chose not to tell any of the family because we, and I quote, "don't need to know until he's born and I need a babysitter". Don't get me wrong we're never going to win the award for the closest family but we're not totally dysfunctional (even if we do sound it rite now :p) and she could have spoken to any of us, no-one would have had a go or anything which she knows.

Since speaking to my mum I'm thinking the name thing is sis trying to assert some control as she thinks she's lost control of the situation because she didn't want family knowing until the baby was born. Since writing on here I've kind of come to peace with it after all if I'd have had my Joshua I wouldn't be feeling like this about the possibility of him having a cousin of the same name.

My sis obviously has some issues with the rest of the family and the main thing should be helping her and her lil man when he arrives :) x

The baby will be very lucky to have you as an aunt, whatever he/she is named! :) x

Dyjhiw you make prawn fried rice for dinner and you OH says he doesn't like it so he has to make himself omelette because all we have in the house is eggs! Feel really bad that I'm enjoying my dinner and he's got a crappy omlette!

don't feel bad honey, omlettes are my go-to CBA dinner of choice lol.

Don't You Just Hate It When Lady Gaga Leaves The Toilet Seat Up..

You've only been gone for 2 days but you've got 43 threads to catch up with and nothing makes any sense.....everyone STOP POSTING for a minute!!I'm trying to catch up!!

JezVonSavage said:
You've only been gone for 2 days but you've got 43 threads to catch up with and nothing makes any sense.....everyone STOP POSTING for a minute!!I'm trying to catch up!!

Don't you just hate it when people go AWOL without permission!

Don't you just hate it when people go AWOL without permission!

It was biological mothers birthday Mam!! And then I had to schmooze some clients on saturday and the whole affair left me with a hangover :break_diet:

You finally get round to going and buying a new pair of jeans (size smaller) and are so pleased they have the right size and length, only to get them home and they are about 4 inches too short!! Grr!!! They are definitely labelled wrong!!

You realise your doing a 9am untill 9am 24 hour shift when you thought you were doing a 3pm untill 9am shift :( gutted

MissSlinky2011 said:
You realise your doing a 9am untill 9am 24 hour shift when you thought you were doing a 3pm untill 9am shift :( gutted

What do you do that you have to work 24 hour shifts? :eek:

You go for another early night and yet again get sucked into the facebook/minimins circle ARGHHHHHH.

DanielleOD said:
What do you do that you have to work 24 hour shifts? :eek:

Support worker for adults with disabilities, I'm working with two service users by myself the whole time aswell boo!

X x x

Back