Don't you just hate it when....

being a grown up sucks doesnt it emsie - all the important decisions have to be made by us, not parents anymore :(
im sure ull make the right decision xxx

DYJHIW your son tells you he feels like hes struggling in all his subjects at grammar school and you are not sure how to help him or if you made the right decision sending him there and its the time when you need to apply for your other son if hes to get in.......aaaaaaggggghhhhh its horrible being a grown up! :cry:

Isn't it supposed to hard otherwise he wouldn't be learning; why not give school a call to put your mind at rest.;)

DYJHIW you are trying to do stuff on your laptop - including having a clean up and getting rid of the cr@p, but it is going s-o s-l-o-w-l-y because your anti-virus is updating, upgrading, checking everything and generally doing the Dance of the Seven Veils all around your laptop.

Happy Holidays said:
DYJHIW the girl at work keeps saying 'we're victims of our own sucess', for goodness sake, I'm just trying to do my job & if I'm sucessful I'm no flippin victim, I'm hoping for a decent pay rise at the next review.

Aren't work people annoying? I had a member of staff at the Post Office who asked customers if they'd like 'Anythink else?' it drove me mad! So I got her to spell it for me and asked her where the 'k' was! Grrrr

Aren't work people annoying? I had a member of staff at the Post Office who asked customers if they'd like 'Anythink else?' it drove me mad! So I got her to spell it for me and asked her where the 'k' was! Grrrr

I used to work in a bar with a woman who insisted on calling bottles 'bockles.' By the end of the night... well you can imagine where I wanted to stick her 'bockles!'

People who say "skizzors" for scissors should DIE. Ditto "keckle" for kettle. And "pompadumps" for poppadoms (sorry, mum).

Hi, my name is Luce, and I have an intolerance for whimsy.

DYJHIW Your boyfriend is meeting you from work, and usually texts to say he's on the way down (it's a 25 minute walk). I leave in ten minutes and haven't heard, and there's no reply to my text asking if he's set off...

Dyjhiw you send a note, or letter, or facebook message, or text and sign it with your name, spelt in the correct way (I have a common name with an unusual spelling) and the person replies, using my name and spelling it wrong! It's just plain rude and it happens ALL the time!
(I'm not one of those people who have shortened my own name and insisted on a strange spelling. My name is one that is usually short for something, but in my case- this is my real name I'm not being fussy!)

jezzi999 said:
This happens to me all the time! And it makes me so mad, like they have read my message and then disregarded both my name at the end and my name in the email address and then decided how they wanted to spell it!

Exactly! Drives me insane! Glad I'm not being over sensitive and someone else gets it too x

I hate it when I introduce myself to someone face to face with my full name, and they automatically shorten it! Why do they do that? I TOLD you my name, why would you use a different one to the one I gave you?

Malc-D said:
how many syns in savlon ?? lol

MadameLaMinx said:
Slightly less than Germolene, but less of the Sasparilla breath...

Shirleen said:
E45 is heavier on the syns that WD40!

DustQueen said:
I'm sure I read you can have a tbsp of WD40 as a HexB

Shirleen said:
Goes great with Quark and dried Marjoram

MadameLaMinx said:
Top tip: using wd40 as a hex B to make actifry chips does very little to enhance the flavour but the rotating blade works so much better.

moonwatcher said:
I used to work in a bar with a woman who insisted on calling bottles 'bockles.' By the end of the night... well you can imagine where I wanted to stick her 'bockles!'

MadameLaMinx said:
Would that have been right in her Jattsy?

ROFL, can't stop giggling!

ScarlettStar86 said:
Dyjhiw you send a note, or letter, or facebook message, or text and sign it with your name, spelt in the correct way (I have a common name with an unusual spelling) and the person replies, using my name and spelling it wrong! It's just plain rude and it happens ALL the time!
(I'm not one of those people who have shortened my own name and insisted on a strange spelling. My name is one that is usually short for something, but in my case- this is my real name I'm not being fussy!)

Yep I get this all the time. Even people who have known me for years still spell my name wrong, lol! Doesnt bother me now, I'm used to it. But one of my teachers spelt my name, Joddiey, WHAT, lol, it's spelt Jodi!

luce28 said:
I hate it when I introduce myself to someone face to face with my full name, and they automatically shorten it! Why do they do that? I TOLD you my name, why would you use a different one to the one I gave you?

Yup get this too but in reverse! especially when booking or arriving at appointments. "Can I take your name please?"
"yes its Mandie a......."
"is that Amanda?"
"if it was Amanda I'd have fecking well said Amanda wouldn't I?!?!"

Yup get this too but in reverse! especially when booking or arriving at appointments. "Can I take your name please?"
"yes its Mandie a......."
"is that Amanda?"
"if it was Amanda I'd have fecking well said Amanda wouldn't I?!?!"

I tell people my name is Shirl and they call me Shirley! Eeejits!

my names michael and mum hates it when people shorten my name and she always corrects them.. i really don't care what people call me as long as it's not rude.. it does annoy me when i get birthday or xmas cards and people spell it micheal, i don't even think there is an alternative spelling for michael?
but 9 time out of 10 my family and friends use my nickname malc .. i much prefare that anyway :p

Back