Don't you just love it when...

I have two today, the first is from yesterday;) : you find a dress in a charity shop. not only does it suit you, but it's a size smaller than expected and therefore makes you smile more.

you tell hubby you have literally nothing to wear for a posh night out this week. he doesn't believe you. you demand he go to your shared wardrobe and find you something then. he goes, he finds nothing suitable. you both get in the car to visit his brothers (you in a little bit of an upset huff). on the way home from his brother's he suggests you both (and child) stop off at TK MAxx to have a look. just a look, mind. not a promise of purchase.
he helps you find two dresses to try on, and you find one he hates but you're determined to try it on anyway (after all, it's not gonna be him wearing it, is it?!). you try all three on and the cheapest (the one he hates) fits like a beautiful dream, and when showed it on you even he has to admit it's pretty gorgeous.
too long/didn't read version: I have a new posh going-out dress.

Flibsey said:
I have two today, the first is from yesterday;) : you find a dress in a charity shop. not only does it suit you, but it's a size smaller than expected and therefore makes you smile more.

you tell hubby you have literally nothing to wear for a posh night out this week. he doesn't believe you. you demand he go to your shared wardrobe and find you something then. he goes, he finds nothing suitable. you both get in the car to visit his brothers (you in a little bit of an upset huff). on the way home from his brother's he suggests you both (and child) stop off at TK MAxx to have a look. just a look, mind. not a promise of purchase.
he helps you find two dresses to try on, and you find one he hates but you're determined to try it on anyway (after all, it's not gonna be him wearing it, is it?!). you try all three on and the cheapest (the one he hates) fits like a beautiful dream, and when showed it on you even he has to admit it's pretty gorgeous.

Pics please ;)

Flibsey said:

Yay!

In under 2 hours when everyone else is on the way to work I will just be finishing and going home to my bed!

You've just finished work, have tonights tea in slow cooker, and have your second job to look forward to? I'm teaching the Learning Disabled classes today, absolutely love it!

lol, there will be pics on friday. I don't want to risk falling over and ripping the dress or getting something down it etc before thursday evening, and also the full effect will be with makeup etc. I scrub up well lol.

You have to buy new tyres and it makes you feel dead proud cause your a big girl now lol!

X x x

you get the news that your blown up, heap of crap renault sold on ebay. money HAS changed hands and logbook HAS been filled in so sale is complete. WOO!

You have a fabulous day, The Happy-Learning Classes went really well, we had some really good results today, one girl (severe muscle atrophy) has finally learned that when she moves her arm the ball goes in the bucket,and does it deliberately.
Another started in January with NO social skills, head down, tongue out, no eye contact, did not answer to her own name (been talked 'at' and 'over' instead of to), well today she had her head up, took my hand and gave eye contact to say hello. She wouldn't bend her arms keeping them down the outside of her wheelchair, now she reaches out to get the ball, and uses both hands to guide the ball to knock skittles over, AND she celebrated when she saw that she'd done it!!!!

*sigh* I love Mondays!

The bf sends you most lovely message by surprise and you remember even though the last 4 months has been hardwork with him being away you love him so much you'd do a million times over if you had to x

When your mother in law gives you a dishwasher that she has been keeping in storage for you until you had somewhere to put one, and whilst it is a bit of an antique, it is fully functional and will wash the dishes for you to the point where they are clean, unlike the best efforts of eldest son, which always result in 90% of them having to be rewashed by you.

My life is complete.

Back