dops' diary

dops

Been on induction since monday. Just wondering if i'm on the right track here or overdoing on meat/ fat/ cheese. Would be very very greateful if any of the experienced low carbers could scan it through :)
Thank you in advance

Mon:
B: 2 egg omlet with 30g of cheddar and 3slices of salami + 100g of cucumber

L: chicken breast + 50g of rocket & spinach + 30g cheddar

D: 2x pork chops + 1tbsp mayo + 1tbsp olive oil + 50 g baby leaf salad

Tue:
B: same as Monday

L: haddock + 80g baby leaf salad + 1tbsp olive oil + 1tbsp lemon juice + cup of bouillon

D: 2x pork chops + small home - made burger patty (mince beef, lamb, egg, chilly) + 50g leaf salad + 1tbsp butter

S: deviled egg (smoked salmon, mayo, bit lemon juice) + 50g salted peanuts

Wed:
B: same as b4

L: 2x home made burger patties (as above) + small salad (iceberg, 3 tomato wheels, pickles, jalopenos) + 60g cheddar + 1 tbsp olive oil.

D: 2x pork chops + 50 g of spinach + tbsp mayo + tbsp olive oil

S: 70 g spicy chorizo sausage

Thu:
B: 2x home burger patties + 50g cheddar + few pickles

L: 2x burger patties + 50 g cheddar + small salad

D: 2x pork chops cooked in a bit of butter and double cream + 50 g spinach + 20 g cheddar

Drinking 2 -3 l of water a day. Not exceeding 3sweeteners per day/ 3 glasses coke zero

Looks great! Just be careful about coke/sweeteners xx

Thanks Alpaca, you've put my mind at ease. Now just need to stick to it, get through few more days (hopefully) of enormous headache and start exersising

Also check ingredients on pickles ... Sometimes they have sugar added

As a rule under 90g cheddar and 2 tbsp cream is fine on a daily basis so your cheese intake looks fine.

Meat is always fine, nearly impossible to overdo that. Once you're in ketosis you'll most likely find your appetite decreases and you're naturally eating less anyway.

Good start!

Agree it looks fine - welcome:)

Looks good to me too, be careful with peanuts though, not sure about them on induction :)

Thanks for all your advise, guys. Much appreciated x
had a really easy day diet-wise, though headache is still not going away :(

B: 2 x fried eggs (1g)
2 x streaky bacon

L: 2 x home made burger patties (2 g - giving 2 cause of onion & egg in them)
Small salad (3g)
60 g cheddar (2g)

D: 300g sirloin steak
sauted mushroom (3g)
Tbsp butter
tbsp double cream (1g)

S: bratwurst sausage ( 1g carb)

+ one splenda (1g)
3 small glasses of coke zero (1.5 g )
2.5 l water

Total: 15.5 g carb

B: 2x fried eggs + streaky bacon

L: 6 (halves) x deviled eggs with smoked salmon, spring onion, mayo and lemon juice

D: leg of lamb with mayo

3 glasses of coke zero
2 cups of coffee with cream and 1 splenda
2.5 l of water; and still drinking

Very low on carbs today :( but didn't have any salad and was too busy to get to the shops.

Will do better tomorrow

Good menus Dops... hope the Splenda and coke zero don't stall you... It's really "play it by ear" on those things....xx

Thanks Alpaca, hope so too :) but, weirdly enough, am craving coke zero. I noticed it happens every time I cut carbs down. Will try and drink less of it from tomorrow. And will start excersising too. Not expecting to loose much on my first week, as i cut carbs down a week b4 I oficially started Atkins (though lost only about 1 lb that week too). I need to loose around 1.5 st (10 kg) in about 2.5 months, which i think is doable (1kg per wk).

B: 3 egg omelette
50g cheddar
50g raw spinach

L: 4 x mini smoked pork salamis (0.5g carb each)
tblsp mayo
15 ml hot sauce (1g carb)

D: pork chop
1/2 yellow pepper
50g chesnut mushroom fried in butter + 1 tblsp cream

S: 1 mini salami

1 coffee with splenda and cream
1 coffee- black
500 ml coke zero :(
2.5 l water

Morning dops... Hope the cravings go soon... Sounds like it might be something you're having that's prompting it xx

Hit send accidentaly...
Continue...

L: 2 x homemade burger paties (beef, lamb, onion, egg)
40 g cheddar
2 strips streaky bacon
small salad (3 g carb)

Had to skip dinner as got sick. Suspecting mild food poisoning, though husband had the same meals ( minus cheese and salad) and he was fine. A bit of a mystery here.. Haven't eaten yet today, the thought of meat or cheese doesn't sound apealing at all at the mo. Just drinking water. Might have a MIM for lunch and fish for dinner if hungry.

Headache is still there; 3rd week. And it's really bad. Starting to think it might be smth more than just cutting carbs down

Exersise:
Did thirst day of 5k marathon training (get running app) which wasn't as hard as i anticipated ( 8 min rinning, 20 walking)

+ 30 min walk early afternoon

Evening dops... Hope the headache goes and the sickness... If it doesn't improve I'd pop and see the doc... Xx

Thanks Alpaca. Headaches come and go, but not as strong anymore. Sickness dissapeared next evening, thogh was very weak all tuesday.
So these were my menus:
Tue:
B: just camomile tea
L: 1.5 MIM (4.5 carb)
2 sausages (2 carbs)
hot sauce (2 carbs)

Water
1 glass coke zero.

Wed:
B: MIM
L: 2.5 sausages (2.5carb)
2 md tomatoes (7 carbs)
prawns
hot sause (2 c)
S: 1/2 flaxseed muffin (1.5carb)

2.5 l water
5x G&t (slimline) ...ups :(

Thu:
B: Flaxseed muffin (3carbs)
L: baked salmon
2x md toms (7 carbs)
tblsp sour cream (1 carb)
D: 5x chicken wings
5x radishes
1/5 flaxseed muffin (1.5 c)
S: 100g beef biltong (dried meat with pices) (0carbs)
2.5 l water
.5 coke zero

Hi Dops don't think you are eating enough, don't forget you should be eating loads of green veg :)

Morning dops... Agree with Sandra... Hope you have a good day! X

Back