Double Cream Substitute

Nemesis82

Silver Member
Hi,

I want to make a recipe i saw on Come Dine with Me the other week and it was for "Ham and Eggs". It's basically lining a muffin tin with slices of Serrano Ham and pouring in an egg mixture with herbs and such. The recipe calls for double cream but its so high in points that i wondered what i could use as a substitute? Any advice would be great!

You could try some of the WW creams or creme fraiches. I'm not really clued up on the difference between single cream, double cream, whipping cream etc, but the WW Creme Fraiche is pretty good.

I make something similar with ham, and eggs mixed with cottage cheese - It turns out kinda quichey. If you don't like the texture of cottage cheese, blitz it up or mush it through a sieve first, and you can't tell it's cottage cheese!

:)

I can't tell the difference either which was the problem! Thanks for that, think i'll try the WW Creme Fraiche and see how it turns out :)

Oh and something else just occured to me, would i use the same amount of creme fraiche as double cream? The recipe calls for 150ml of double cream so how much creme fraiche would you use?

Will do and thanks for the advice! :) x

Back