Double down day

I am on second DD as going out tomorrow night and as the scales are now just starting to move in the right direction dont want to spoil things. Will be good to see if it works. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Oh man the hunger is really kicking in now and gotta do it all again tomorrow! Willpower is thinning, don't know if I'll be able to do it :( x

Do u not find once ur up day starts your ok? Not that hungry? U will b ok x

That is the point, don't think of ur next up day. Just finish today and then tomorrow start and finish that down day x

Well nearly at the end of my 2nd DD its been harder today but diet coke and oxo cubes (not together lol!!) are a lifesaver!

I was 11st 4lbs last Monday (3rd) when I started and I came straight over from a vlcd and I haven't weighed since then. I am really hoping to be the same weight tomoro and if I am I will be really pleased. I have been seriously enjoying my up days (mcdonald's, Chinese, pub lunches etc) and was worried esp coming from eating 500cals per day! So if I manage a STS then I shall be declaring my undying love for mr johnson!! :)

Hope everyone is coping x

Okay I am officially over the moon this morning I have an official loss taking me to 11 13 :banana dancer: I now have an UP an attempt at an IM and another UP so I will be doing 2 sets of double DD snext week with weds as an UP so should manage to keep my loss.

Sat 12 1 official weigh in
Sun - no weigh in
Mon 12 5 up 4 after 2 UPs
Tues 12 3 down 2 after DD (usually more after my 1st DD of the week?)
wed 12 1 down 2lbs after DD
Thurs 12 2 up 1lb after UP day
Fri 11 13 loss of 3lb after DD so official loss of 2lbs
:D

I am also very happy as I have managed a STS of 11st 4 following on from slim and save (vlcd)

I started last Monday on a DD and had M,W,F as DD and then T,T,S,S as up and oh my word they were up!!! Then Monday DD agaiba followed by UD on Tuesday and did a double DD on wednesday and Thursday. To say I am pleased is an understatement as really did think I'd have a gain of at least a few pounds!

Oh and altho I stayed the same I lost 1% body fat since last mon!! Dr Johnson rocks!! :)

Okay I am officially over the moon this morning I have an official loss taking me to 11 13 :banana dancer: I now have an UP an attempt at an IM and another UP so I will be doing 2 sets of double DD snext week with weds as an UP so should manage to keep my loss.

Sat 12 1 official weigh in
Sun - no weigh in
Mon 12 5 up 4 after 2 UPs
Tues 12 3 down 2 after DD (usually more after my 1st DD of the week?)
wed 12 1 down 2lbs after DD
Thurs 12 2 up 1lb after UP day
Fri 11 13 loss of 3lb after DD so official loss of 2lbs
:D

yay well done! those double DDs really do help! im going to try and do a week of DDs next week to push my weight down like jujudoll has done this week. not going to be easy but if it works i'll be so much happier getting into the 8s fully! x

Well done!!! I am on my second DD at the moment and find it easier to eat nothing at all. I had nothing yesterday and will see how I'm feeling tonight so hope I can do two days of 0 calories. After weighing this morning after my two UUAD's I am shocked. :( So I must try to start reigning in my UD's so hopefully these two DD's will help me get started. I hope!!

Well done again Whiteybitey for staying the same and Bajoleth on your big loss!!!

If it helps, go read my diary I usually post my daily weigh ins, I only daily weigh as I find it all fascinating the ups and downs don't affect me at all as they don't show on my body, its only really food weight. For instance I gained 4lbs after my 2 UPs on sat and sun but I still managed to lose 2lbs this week, its only EVER your official weigh in that counts everything else is just 'interesting, x

Nooo hun, you are sensible there are far too many daily weighers that give up on Juddd because they can't cope with the fluctuations rather than seeing the whole picture. You are a wise one ;)

Thank you for that Bajoleth, I hope that will happen to me. The number I saw was one I haven't seen for well over a year and I have been trying to lose weight on Dukan during that time. So to see a five pound gain since starting JUDDD two weeks and a half ago is quite scary. Mind you it's my own fault because I have been out of control on UD's. :(

Thank you for that Bajoleth, I hope that will happen to me. The number I saw was one I haven't seen for well over a year and I have been trying to lose weight on Dukan during that time. So to see a five pound gain since starting JUDDD two weeks and a half ago is quite scary. Mind you it's my own fault because I have been out of control on UD's. :(

to be fair, if your up days have been a bit mad then you will see a little gain in the initial period but dont panic it will balance back when you reassess your cal intake. my first week i gained 2lbs and although i was disappointed, my first 2 ups were real pig out days and im honestly not surprised that i gained looking back!

what i found helped is that i calculated my overall intake for the week and realised that when i was eating loads on the up days it was putting me out of balance for the rest of the week, i.e. my first week averaged out at 1800 cals per day when i added up the intake over 7 days and divided by 7 to get the average but then the weeks i started to lose weight my average worked out at 1200-1400 per day so on any other diet, you would normally lose weight at this rate. i find as long as my cal average balances back to under 1400 per day, i will lose weight. curbing the ups makes a huge difference :) x

Back