Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Wow half the woman you used to be and have twice the confidence. You are amazing hunni. Well done :D xx

Hello Alex

It's fantastic to come in here an read that your still going down down down! ;)

Sooooo happy for ya hun! Hope the man gets on it soon so u get the temptations of saturday night meals outta ya head

Well done
Xxxxx

kae said:
Hello Alex

Sooooo happy for ya hun! Hope the man gets on it soon so u get the temptations of saturday night meals outta ya head

Well done
Xxxxx

Boooooom lol hello stranger xxxx

Helllooooo!

How's u!? I've been bad for a change ha!

Do u have a diary?

Xxx

Helllooooo!

How's u!? I've been bad for a change ha!

Do u have a diary?

Xxx

Hey hunny good to see u back what plan are u following? I'll visit your diary in the morning babes... Yeah my diary is in this section it's called (25 day challenge) Hun..the main thing is your back - don't give up chick :) xx

Wow, well done on your loss this week and how far you have come.

I feel the diet is good in the fact you are learning to take control of your eating and plan your days off etc.

Thank you :)
I agree, it really is teaching me a lot about planning, will power and self control. To begin with, I was terrified to have a day or even an evening off, as I didn't trust myself to get back on track again afterwards. Don't get me wrong, the way I've done things recently has been really tough on my willpower/self control, but at least I'm winning!

Thats brilliant - well done x

Thank you :) x

Oh well done, Alex, I'm so pleased for you, and so well done with the will power! Imagine being in the 10s....I can't even think how that might feel, can't imagine 11s either to be honest, you'll have to let me know how that feels! Good for you and it can only get better when The Man is back on track.

KB x

I can't imagine how the 10s would feel either, or what I'd even look like when I got there! The 11s are great for now though :D I've been 12 something for ages now so it's nice to see some progress! Besides that, I don't think I remember ever seeing an 11 on the scales, where as I'd been 12 something a few years ago.
As far as describing what the 11s are like? I'll dig out a post that I wrote on Kez's wall, and re-post it afterwards. I think it sums up how I feel at the moment really.

Wow half the woman you used to be and have twice the confidence. You are amazing hunni. Well done :D xx

Aw thanks Ali - it's be a nice thing to be able to acheive, wouldn't it?

Wowzers Alex well done xx

Thanks Precious :D

Hello Alex

Well done
Xxxxx

Hello Kae :D :D
Welcome back,
Yeah, I'm plodding on here, and I'm glad to be able to say that it's still coming off, slowly but surely!
The Man re-starts this weekend, so this'll be my last Fri/Sat off plan for a while (phew!)

Hope you're well, and that calorie counting is going alright x x

This was my post on Kez's diary about some of the benefits of losing weight:

I echo so many of those positives for losing weight too....my collar bone made an appearance a little while back, and I've recently discovered that I'm actually quite narrow across the shoulders.. and that my neck is a lot longer than I thought it was. Seems weird to be just getting to know this body that I've inhabited for 34 years!
Shaving my legs, painting my toenails, and fastening shoes with side buckles are all so much easier too. The shoe thing always used to be a major problem, as my belly prevented me from getting both hands over to one shoe!

These are just a few things though, there are dozens of other things I can think of.....
Shopping in 'normal' shops for the first ever time,
Buying standard width shoes
Not being paranoid about being judged when I meet new people
Not avoiding my own reflection in the haidressers mirror
Not being the 'biggest' person I know (shallow, sorry!)
Shopping in 'normal' shops for the first time
Planning holidays without worrying about the plane seatbelt/flippy table thing
Wearing skinny jeans
Feeling motivated to walk instead of taking the car everywhere
Having more room in the bed! (11/12 stone lost between me and The Man, which would have been like an extra person in bed with us! :eek:)

However, there are a couple of disadvantages:
Loose skin :( :( :( This really annoys/upsets me, as I know that no matter how slim I get I'll never have the body of someone in their mid 30s without resorting to surgery.
More wrinkes (think my fat padded my face out!)
Less money (from buying new clothes)

Sounds very motivating, well done! And wrinkles add character apparently. You made me think back to the olden days when you were offered the opportunity to go to Japan and you didn't want to go because of the seatbelt thing, do you remember? Those days are long gone now, lucky you! I'm going to keep this post for motivation when the going gets tough. (Most days then!)

KB x

Sounds very motivating, well done! And wrinkles add character apparently. You made me think back to the olden days when you were offered the opportunity to go to Japan and you didn't want to go because of the seatbelt thing, do you remember? Those days are long gone now, lucky you! I'm going to keep this post for motivation when the going gets tough. (Most days then!)

KB x​

Yeah, I remember it well! I think I was about 18 stone at that time (I can remember my weight at most significant times/events in my life) and I was absolutely terrified by the thought that I was going to have to ask for a seatbelt extension, or that I would have to turn away my in-flight meal because the table wouldn't flip past my belly :eek:
I can't believe I nearly passed up the opportunity to go to Japan because of my weight, but I suppose it just shows how much it was holding me back in those days.

It's quite a good time for me to reflect back on those times actually, as I'm feeling especially fat and bloted at the moment after a weekend of indulgence, aka the 'last supper'! Even The Man was laughing at how big my belly looked yesterday afternoon in my leggings (laughing with me, not in a nasty way), and I remember thinking how funny it is that at extra 7lbs or so makes me feel soooo uncomfortable at the moment (I'm guessing at the 7lbs as I haven't weighed in this week), but I was happily lugging 5 extra stones back in September without feeling the discomfort I feel at the moment!

So today is the big re-start day. I didn't weigh-in yesterday as I've been on and off the diet like a yo-yo just lately, so it wouldn't have been an accurate result. I'm going to wait until Sunday and see where I'm at then.
I did weigh The Man this morning after his 4/5 week break, but he didn't want to know what the gain was just yet. He's quite capable of BIG week one losses (24lbs in his first ever week) so he'd rather see where he's at on Sunday as well.

I'm going bridesmaid dress shopping this Saturday with my friend who's getting married in August, so I'm hoping I'll feel less fat and bloated by then, otherwise we might be buying me a tent!!
x

A tent! Behave :) You'll never be in a tent again. Funny you should say about the leggings, as I wore my leggings yesterday (and I usually only save leggings for wearing to bed in the winter), but I wore them riding (as my jodhpurs are now too big) and I thought to myself, I can actually see a difference in my legs! But once I pulled up the loose t-shirt I realised that leggings really arent made for bigger people. Mine came up to under my boobs and really werent flattering at all....not without the loose t-shirt anyway :) I too almost gave up the chance of trips abroad with work, and although I didn't need the seatbelt extension (just), I did have to keep the arm rests down, to keep me contained in 'my' area otherwise I spilled out onto the poor person next to me's seat.

I'm the same in leggings Kez, I only ever wear mine around the house. Partly because I'm not especially confident wearing them, and partly because they're grey, a bit baggy, and have a hole you-know-where :eek: Mine also come up under my boobs, and make my belly look like a big round barrel! Or at least it did on Sunday!
Fortunately, the bloating has subsided a little now, so I feel a little less rotund. Think I've confused my body so much over the last couple of weeks with the binge/starve cycle I've been on, and it definitely hasn't done my digestive system any favours (I discovered yesterday that severe constipation isn't exactly a barrel of laughs)

Without going into too much detail, I think I'm through the worst of it now (phew!) and I'm two days into my official re-start, which hopefully means that the hunger will subside a little over the next couple of days. Either way, I won't cave in. I have too many planned breaks in the pipeline (3 hen dos and a wedding to start with!) without caving in at random times as well.

The Man is doing okay with his re-start too, although he says that the strawberry shakes taste different since Exante have changed the packaging. I don't have the shakes so I wouldn't know, but he says they're a bit less creamy and more strawberry-y (if that makes sense!).

Hope everyone else is plodding on nicely
x

Just a quick update on yesterday's weigh-in! I gained 1.5lbs as a result of two weeks of being 50/50 (50% rigidly on plan and 50% stuffing my face!) I have no idea how much I weighed last week as I skipped the weigh in, but I think I must've been at least half a stone heavier if not more.
Hopefully another 6 days on plan will see me back in the 11s (I was 12st 0.5lbs yesterday :() but I have to weigh in a day early as I'm on a hen do this Saturday so will be knocking myself out of ketosis yet again.

The Man did really well on his first week back. He gained about 1st 11lbs while he was off plan, but lost 16lbs in his first week! That means that he should be back into virgin blubber in another 2-3 weeks, although we've both got social stuff coming up so it might not be as easy as it was over the winter.

Feel really in the zone at the moment now I've been back on plan for a whole 7 days in a row! I'd forgotten how much stronger ketosis makes me feel, despite being one of the unlucky ones who still feels hungry in ketosis! I was beginning to doubt my staying power over the last few weeks, but I've realised that it was just because I was never on plan long enough to feel the benefits of ketosis before taking another break.

I really do feel that I want/need to shift another half stone pretty quickly though. I've been around 12 stone for aggggges now, and it's quite demoralising to spend so much money and put in so much effort, without getting anywhere because of the binges in-between!

I know it's partly my own fault, and partly as a result of circumstances outside of my control, but I'm the only person who can get it shifting again!
x

Hi Alex, glad to see you are back on track but you have done amazingly well, it was reading diaries like yours and seeing the results you have had that encouraged me to start on my Exante journey! I can imagine when you have lost the amount that you have already lost that it easy to become a bit less strict, but you are back on track now and I am glad to follow your posts, looking forward to your fab loss next WI xxx:)

Sounds like you are getting things back on track, good for you! Saw your photos of the weekend, looks like a good night was had by all! Hope you are back on track and that the early weigh in went well,

KB x

Hi Alex, glad to see you are back on track but you have done amazingly well, it was reading diaries like yours and seeing the results you have had that encouraged me to start on my Exante journey! I can imagine when you have lost the amount that you have already lost that it easy to become a bit less strict, but you are back on track now and I am glad to follow your posts, looking forward to your fab loss next WI xxx:)

Thanks Jacqueline :) And welcome to our diary!
You're so right - it's very easy to become less strict when you've already lost the biggest chunk of your weight. I'm determined not to give up though, and as long as the overall trend is a downward one then I'm happy to take the scenic route for now.
We were very different at the beginninng though - I started on 4th September and my first day off was 10th December for my works Christmas do (except for AAM week)! It's very true that there's a 'golden period' on this diet, when you do it for the first time. Once you start adding the odd cheat day in here and there, it's so easy to do it again and again.

Hope you're doing well with your journey so far! It really does get easier the longer you're on it.
x

Sounds like you are getting things back on track, good for you! Saw your photos of the weekend, looks like a good night was had by all! Hope you are back on track and that the early weigh in went well,

KB x

Thanks KB - yeah the hen do was great thanks! We went to the birdcage in Manchester on a party bus, which was an experience in itself! I quite enjoyed wearing my pirate outfit actually, and it was nice to be able to buy one from Ebay without worrying too much about sizing!
x

Last edited:
God it feels like ages since I’ve posted an update! I’m constantly checking minis on my phone, but rarely seem to get around to updating my own diary!
Things are plodding on alright-ish at the moment. We weighed in a day early last Saturday as I was on a hen-do that day (dressed as a pirate!), and I was really chuffed to have lost 3lbs. The Man lost 4lbs, which he was really pleased with too, as he’d taken a day off during the week for his brother’s birthday.

Losing those 3lbs meant that I was back into the 11s, and into virgin blubber (11st 11.5). Buuuut…true to form, I well and truly scuppered that during the rest of the weekend!…Saturday wasn’t too bad, well, apart from the copious amounts of alcohol and late night cheeseburger with chips (!) but Sunday was a bit of a write-off too. We were planning to go out for Sunday lunch with The Man’s family in any case, so I knew I wouldn’t be back on my packs that day. What I hadn’t planned for was the immense hangover hunger that overcame me and my willpower!
I didn’t binge as such, but I definitely ate way more than I needed to, and so I knew the scales would be way more than 11st 11.5lbs after all that! As you know, I usually try not to scale hop, but curiosity got the better of me on Monday morning….and the result was a 7lb gain!! I know it’s mostly water weight and that it’ll come off fairly quickly – but my only hope for this week’s weigh-in is that I stay in the 11s, and preferably back to what I weighed last Saturday. Anything else would be amazing!

Next week is looking difficult too, because we’re off to a garden party this Saturday (drinks and alcohol aplenty) and then we’re going to Anglesey on Wednesday for a couple of days with The Man’s family.
I’ve been reading a bit about the JUDD/alternate day diet over the past few days and I’m considering giving that a go next week, just so that I can plan/enjoy my week without too much guilt. I’m off work for the week, so I’ll find ‘down’ days easier than I would do at work (I’m better at keeping myself distracted at home), and the ‘up’ days would allow me to enjoy social things guilt-free.
I know I might have a carb gain, but that would be better than a carb AND a binge gain…..hmnn, I haven’t decided yet but it’s definitely food for thought (if you’ll excuse the pun!)

Hi Alex I've been neglecting my mini friends recently hope you're both doing well.
Been busy here, still keeping on the Exante trail and chasing the 11's fast now! Lol

Thanks Ali - yeah we're both doing fine thanks. Taking the scenic route really, but I don't mind that too much. As they say, you can't have your cake and eat it!
x

Weigh in day today! And I'm VERY pleased to say that despite my efforts (or lack of) last weekend, I somehow managed to lose 0.5lbs this week, taking me to 11st 11lbs exactly.
The Man did well too, as he was off plan last Sunday and still managed to lose 1lb.

We're off to a party in a couple of hours or so, and then it's Anglesey on Wednesday so it's going to be another week of taking one step forward two steps back. After that I haven't got anything coming up socially until 30th June, so I'll be hoping to make a bit of progress then!
x

Back