Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Just had our weekly weigh-in and I'm chuffed to be able to say that I'm back in the 10s!! Lost 4.5lbs this week week, which is a lot more than my normal weekly losses (not that I'm complaining). This all means that I'm now only 2lbs away from my pre-holiday weight, and 8.5lbs away from goal :eek:
The Man's still struggling this week. He had a STS, but he's not too concerned by that as he knows why he's not losing. He knows he needs to get his head into gear to start losing weight again, but he's also trying to give up smoking at the moment so I think he just wants to concerntrate on one thing at a time. I've been a bit worried about him lately, not because he's not losing, just because I fear that he'll crack and give up altogether. I wouldn't want him to go through years of yo-yo dieting like me, it's just not good psychologically - so if a VLCD is counterproductive to him (causing cravings/binges etc), then I'd rather he/we tried something else instead. We've talked about it though, and he's determined to stick with it, so I'm happy to support him for however long it takes.

x

Wooooop well done Alex! Your doing so well so proud! An the support your giving ur fella too your amazing :)

Xxxx

Well done Alex, you are doing so well!!

Your overall losses are brilliant and not far from goal now....keep up the good work x

Jeez Alex

You almost look like a different woman in these new pics
Amazing
Keep it up

Aw bless you all :D Lovely comments all round! :)
So nearly another week under my belt and I'm plodding on! Last Sunday after weigh in we went for a family meal at The Man's house. His mum had done steak and chips for everyone, but I'd pre-warned her that I would only be having salad with mine. I knew there'd be wine for a toast (as it was a bit of an occasion) so I took a Resolution low cal/carb lager and had that in a wine glass instead. I also managed to resist the home made victoria sponge for desert, so I went home feeling quite proud of myself. My total calories was about 1000 for the day, but I was OK with my carbs so hopefully it won't have done any damage this week. Really hope I get those pesky 2lbs off so I'm back to my pre-holiday weight.
Next weekend will be slightly tricky, as I've got guests for Friday night/Saturday day, and my God-daughter's baptism on the Sunday. I know I won't be sticking to plan, but I don't want to use it as an excuse to binge either. I can hope with a STS the following week, but I really don't want to be setting myself back at this stage. Just hope I can stick to my word! :-/
x

Well there've been two more weigh ins since my last post! The first one on 7th October only resulted in a 0.5lbs loss (The Man STS again). I was pretty gutted about that to be honest - really felt that my plan to be at goal before Christmas was slipping away from me :( Especially as I knew I was coming off the diet the following weekend when my guests were here.
But anyway, I trucked on until my early weigh in last Friday (12th Oct) and was absolutely over the moon to see that I'd lost 4.5lbs! Think the 0.5lb loss the week before must have been a constipation-related stall, because I'd never normally lose 4.5lbs in just 5 days!
So following that weigh in, my guests arrived and it all went downhill from there! Friday wasn't a complete disaster, because I ate VLCD-style all day until they turned up. Saturday and Sunday were a different story though - I've had lovely food, just far too much of it! So the best I think I can hope for this week would be a STS - I'd be doing a dance around the bathroom if I manage that! But I'm hoping the worst case scenario will be a 2lb gain, which will still leave me only about 5lbs from goal. Keep your fingers crossed for me :D

What I'm really noticing now is that I really can't tolerate food in large quantities like I used to be able to...I have the appetite for it, but the food just seems to sit like a lead brick in my digestive system well into the next day if not longer :( To be honest, it's taken the shine off my meals this weekend to be honest, because I feel hungry enough to eat, it's just that I feel so uncomfortable/sore and bloated all the time. It's so hard to explain but even walking around feels uncomfortable - like my insides are bruised and distended if that makes sense?

But what I've realised now is that the next time I come off the diet for any length of time will be when I get to goal :eek: (barring any disasters). Hopefully that means I'll be able to gradually introduce different types of food in smaller quantities rather than it being so all-or-nothing like it is at the moment.
x

Thank you Janice! :) It has been a bit of a rollercoaster of a journey (and this isn't even my first diary on Minimins!). I just can't wait to be able to say that I've done it!! Hopefully it won't be too long now, but then the hard work starts (maintenance) :)

This week has been more or less a 100% one, so I'm hoping the damage from last weekend will be almost undone by the time we weigh in tomorrow. I feel far less bloated than I did, and my clothes are back to fitting normally, but I'm not convinced that I've done well enough for a STS. We shall see!
x

I can feel it in my water an STS is the minimum I'm going for a loss

Well I hate to say I told you so....but...
I gained :( and so did The Man :(
A lot more than either of us were expecting too....I gained about 3.5 and the man gained 5lbs. Really doesn't make sense, as we only had two days off, which can usually be turned around over the next 6 days! Oh well, the scales don't lie, so we have to take it on the chin and plough on (there isn't an alternative really is there?)

What it makes me wonder is whether weighing on the Wii last weekend (out of necessity) has messed things around a bit. I know that no two pairs of scales weigh the same but I was careful to compare my weights the week before so I'd got the difference between them calculated.
What's weird is that the Wii said I'd lost 4lbs last week (putting me at 10st 8.5 on my normal scales), but that I'd 'only' gained 2lbs this week. That doesn't translate at all onto my main scales though, I'm 10st 12 on them today which is way more than a 2lb gain!...and they're the ones I'm going by...sadly.
Ah well, onwards and downwards (hopefully).
x

Well I'm pleased to report a MUCH better weigh in result this week :D I was a day early with my weigh in, as I was going out for a drink yesterday evening with my friends so I needed to carb-up a bit in preparation. And the result was a 4.5lb loss! Much more than I ever hoped or imagined I would lose this week...and enough to see me back into virgin blubber :D
This also means that I'm now only 2.5lbs away from my ultimate goal of 10st 5lbs! Which unless I seriously mess up, could be acheived within the next couple of weeks :eek: As I said, I was out last night so had roughly 1600 calories yesterday - partly in preparation, and partly in alcohol consumed. Obviously that's over twice my normal daily intake so I don't know how it'll influence next week's weigh in, but I'm hoping that 6 days will be long enough to see me back on the straight and narrow.
I'm now seriously starting to brick it about maintenence though - days like yesterday make me realise how much work I need to do to overcome my demons. Don't get me wrong, I was happy with 1600 including alcohol, but I was in constant battle with myself all day about the relative merits of having 'a bit of what I fancied' (i.e cake, bread, chocolate etc) rather than seeing the extra food as a purely practical solution to the fact that I wanted to drink alcohol that day.

In the end I met myself half way really, I had porridge for brunch, a skinny cappucino from Costa mid afternoon with a 80 cals worth of choc. I then had steak and wedges for tea, followed by my vodka later on. That all felt quite controlled, but I did endulge in some of the olives that were brought to our table (dressed in oil) and I did have 5 chunks of Lindt white chocolate when I got home (resolve weakened by the vodka). So obviously I didn't choose my food with the sole purpose of fuel/bulk yesterday, but it was nowhere near as bad as the kind of day I've been having recently when I've taken days/weekends off-plan.

Another thing I wanted to report was a little NSV I had yesterday :) I've been looking for some new black jeans lately, and I wanted them to be high waisted to disguise my lumps/bumps/excess skin...anyway, I was searching eBay last weekend and stumbled on some from Topshop - size 14 (32w), black, high waisted, exactly what I was looking for.
The problem was that Topshop has always been one of those shops that's been totally off-bounds for me - the last time I remember even trying anything on was when I was about 13 years old and I was out shopping with my mum. I wanted to find something in Topshop because it was seen as the most fashionable place to shop at the time, and all my friends got their clothes there. But everything was so tiny, and even at 13 years old I was already far from tiny. Eventually I decided to try a sheer, crinkly kinda blouse/top thing that looked vaguely loose fitting on the hanger and I thought might fit me. My mum came to the changing room with me, and in the most sensitive way possible, had to tell me that it already looked a bit on the tight side, and that if I carried on 'growing' then I wasn't going to get my wear out of it before if became too small.
So feeling totally disheartened, I left Topshop, carried on 'growing' and never even came close to being able to try anything on there ever again! And ever since I've always felt so out of place even walking around there, with the skinny shop assistants and the tiny clothes - so much so that I always feel that someone is going to tap me on the shoulder and say "nothing for you in here fatty"!

So as you can imagine, even though I'm now a comfortable size 14 on the bottom, I somehow felt reluctant to take a chance on these jeans, just in case they were cut smaller, or skinner, and then I'd have to go through that feeling all over again, just in the comfort of my own bedroom!
But I did take a chance on them, won the auction (for a bargain price) and they arrived yesterday....so I got them out of the bag, held them up, thought OMG they look really small....but I gingerly tried them....and they actually fit!!! WITH ROOM TO SPARE!!! And what's even better is that they felt really comfy, really flattering, and I went out in them last night with killer heels and a sparkly top and I felt great! What's more - I felt young (at the grand old age of 34) and I finally felt normal :D

Now I know I'm still a bit chunkier than the average girl, I'm a 14 on the bottom and a 16 usually on top, but I'm finally getting to a size I'm happy with. What I hope more than anything that feeling the way I did yesterday will help me to overcome my self-destruct instinct once and for all, and that I'll never have to start this journey again...
x

Wow well done Alex. Still doing fab hunni.

Excellent news on the jeans :D

Alex i've said it before and am happy to say it again
" you are a true inspiration to us all !"

Aw thanks Stapo :eek: And you too Ali :D

Haven't found it difficult getting back on track at all after my little planned deviation on Saturday - don't think I'll get to goal this week but I'm hopeful for the week after :eek: Spending loads of time researching potential maintenance strategies now!

Forgot to say that I noticed another NSV yesterday....the water in the bath now totally covers my belly and my hips don't create a dam in there like they used to :D
x

Hmmnn, not really very pleased with this week's result. Despite being on plan all week, I have managed to gain half a pound!! Well it's really closer to a STS, but the way we round up/down on the scales has gone against me....
Last week I was 10st 7 and 5/8ths (gets rounded down to 10st 7.5)
This week I'm 10st 7 and 3/4s (gets rounded up to 10st 8)
Not really sure what's happened because I've been saintly since my night out last Saturday, but sometimes you can't explain these things. I haven't gone into total meltdown like I do sometimes following a bad result, but I'm a bit frustrated that my goal is STILL staying just out of my reach.

Onto better news, The Man is back on winning form, and has lost 4lbs this week! He says he's been taking things a little more seriously, and it's obviously paid off for him.

So today we have a dilemma - I'd bought a couple of Aldi sirloin steaks this week (£1 off their normal £3.75 price at the moment!) and I was hoping that we could allow ourselves a few extra calories to enjoy them tonight. Now I'm wondering whether that's wise given my poor result or whether I just just go with it. The calories and carbs of the meal are all calculated, and with everything else I'm planning to eat today, I'd be on about 1100 cals for the day rather than my normal 650. Surely that can't do enough to ruin another week's weight loss!!??

x

Well it's taken me a little while to post this – I didn't get around to it on Sunday after the weigh in. In fact the day itself passed in a bit of a blur because.......drumroll please.......something unbelievable happened.....after all this time

:banana dancer::party0011::banana dancer::party0011:I GOT TO GOAL!!!!!! :party0011::banana dancer::party0011::banana dancer:​

I really couldn't believe it to be honest (and still can't really!)....my mid week weigh in was a STS, and I didn't 'feel' any lighter, so I was totally unprepared and completely overwhelmed when I got onto the scales and saw 10st 4.5 looking back at me!!
I'm not ashamed to admit that I just stood there and cried for about five minutesafterwards. It felt like all the pressure of the last few weeks lifted off my shoulders...just to know that I've done it, I've finally got here after eleven years of dieting.... eleven years of losing and regaining massive amounts of weight, but never ever feeling the achievement of reaching a goal.

So after that, the day passed very quickly with a mix of celebration and reflection –firstly I celebrated with a nice cup of tea :)p) and then we started taking some 'after' photos of me to mark the end of this part of my journey. First of all I got my biggest trousers out...the pair I wore back in 2001 when I was a size 28 (who should have really been wearing a size 30 if I'm honest). I'm so glad I kept them for all these years now...the photos we took are such a big visual reminder of the person I used to be, and they're quite funny too.

After that I got dressed in the outfit that means so much to me at the moment...the Topshop jeans that I spoke about here recently, and a jumper that I bought from Oasis on Saturday. Both from normal shops in average sizes (14). To me, they sum up the reason for this journey more than anything else. Just the feeling of blending in and not feeling restricted or self-conscious or awkward because of my size.
So I pictures taken in those clothes too, and then The Man put together a couple of photo montages which I'll post later if the file sizes aren't too big.

Despite not wanting to celebrate with food as such, we did have a special meal in the evening to mark the occasion. It wasn't an off-plan meal though, it was a calorie/carb counted steak with salad, garlic mushrooms and just a few home made oven baked chips. For desert we each had a meringue nest with a bit of Rolo ice cream on top (sounds very naughty but I only finished the day at 1100 kcals and roughly 90g of carbs in total)
My only real indulgence other than that was a glass of pink bubbly that I got from M&S the previous day (just a mini bottle)....well if you can't have a bit of fizz on the day you get to goal! ;)

So now the hard work starts...I've been feeling very out-of-sorts this week so far...one minute I'm euphoric about meeting my goal, but the next I'm scared of what comes next – maintenance at this time of year is gonna be hard so I need a strategy.
I've decided that I'm not gonna worry about carbs too much. But I'm gonna stay between 650 and 1000 calories for the time being (kinda WS I suppose), in the hope that I'll lose a few more pounds to give me a Christmas buffer.
Then, on 10[SUP]th[/SUP] December or thereabouts I'm going to do JUDD/intermittent fasting. That's when my Christmas social stuff kicks off, so I need a plan that will keep me in check, whilst allowing me to give myself permission to enjoy these social occasions.

Or at least that's the plan....

So finally, I just want to say a BIG thank you to everyone who's posted in my diary, or helped me over the three years I've been on Minis – although I've never met any of you, I do consider you to be true friends. Without you, and all the support and information on Minis I don't think I would've ever done this.

Having said all this –I'm still going to be around all the time on here – I know this is where the hard part starts, so I'll need the support more than ever. I may move my diary though, because in honesty, I haven't used Exante products for months now (The Man does though). I choose a mix of S&S, and normal healthy high protein/low carb food.

I just hope that I'm still here this time next year, marking my first year of maintenance!
Wish me luck, it's gonna be a rocky road I'm sure!!!

Love to you all

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few pictures for you....the second ones along show me at the very beginning in 2001, then at the beginning of Exante in September 2011, and finally now :D Hopefully they've uploaded properly!

Duck-Side-by-Side.jpg Duck 3 Rows.jpg SAM_0298.jpg

An amazing well done Hun!!!!!!

I bet it feels like a dream sometimes!

I wish you all the best in the time coming up, and enjoy your new skinniness!!!!!!

Back