Down in the dumps.... Need a pep talk

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do slimming world from home and I've been doing well but I've had an awful week.

Stayed the same last week despite sticking to it to a T! And I've fallen off the wagon the past two days! I've had the week from hell at work and a urine infection so I've been not feeling myself.

Now I feel guilty and horrible and is there anything I can do to get back on it in time for weighing myself on Monday? I'm cooking for one the next two nights as my partner is at work so any easy peasy meals would be great as I don't like cooking full meals when it's just for me.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Awww bless stop worrying about what you've done, nothing is going to change, but what you can do is go for damage limitation.

what things have you got in?

Awww hun x I know how you feel...been there thousands of times. A very wise person (Happy Holidays) once said to me that as long as you keep going you've not failed :)

When I'm not wanting to do lots of cooking, I'll do things like omelettes, Scrambled Egg on Toast or a bowl of SW chips. On the tired days I go with red or green days so I don't have to get tangled up with the 1/3 rule which is a stress for me sometimes.

Chin up hun x

Thanks ladies!

Just feeling like I've let myself down but I can't dwell I suppose, onwards and upwards! I've just got to get my head back in the game!

I've got plenty of healthy options in I've got eggs, frozen veg, plenty of frozen meat and chicken, quark, potatoes. I'm definitely just going to have to go for damage limitation! So I think omelettes and salads will be the way to go the next few days! Maybe even some nice homemade soup and some hot chocolate sachets as a bit of comfort food!

That sounds like a great idea I've also got the Schwartz bbq and Cajun seasoning so I could do the chicken with that. Muffins sounds amazing will need to have a look for the recipe! Thank you so much, feeing recharged and ready to get back into it!

Not sure if muffin recipe is on here, I do mine with 35grms oats, 1 egg, splash of milk, vanilla essence, sweetener to taste, blitz it all together & either bake in the oven for about 20mins I think or microwave for a few mins, I have mine with either apple, banana, orange you could top it with yogurt that would be nice too.

Also why not have speed free foods. I've made soups or curry sauces with those and its easy. Just cut veggies (or by pre chopped/mixed veggie bags, add stock and leave it to cook slowly in the pan. Lovely, filling and flavourful with minimal effort and it helps get you on track.

Sometimes we might feel like we've let ourselves down. Like we have a huge tattoo across our foreheads saying things like *weak* or *useless* because we have a day where we didn't follow plan. We have all been there darling, yet it's not supposed to be something that we stress over. You are wonderful, and by doing slimming world, you are proving that you love you. That you deserve to be the best you can be. You deserve to feel happy, slim, healthy and be as wonderful on the outside as you are on the inside. Don't let a time out detract from your goals. It is a step, and by going back to plan, you are fulfilling a promise you made to yourself. Slimming world means that if you have these off days, it's easy to get back on track. So even though it might seem hard, the hardest part is over, you have made the effort to get back on the horse, riding it shall be easy.

Wishing you all the best for your journey

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back