down, tired and desperate to help myself

MicheH

Hi,

I'm Miche. I've been through a horrible time and out the other side now (we lost our home and trying to make a rented house our home in an area where I don't know anyone) things are not as desperate as they were but i'm lost, I feel like I've lost every bit of pride or liking for myself, I feel a faliure in every thing I do right now. I am working hard to try to get my qualifications up to scratch for university entry to become a midwife and I know I have a plan but at the minute being a stay at home mum with no spare money is really getting me down, I'm lonely, I don't go anywhere other than walk ing my eldest to school (I choose a school miles away because it was the best for my daughter) but I end up getting there looking terrible with frizzy hair, dirty walking shoes, fat and ugly not all glam like the other mothers getting out of their new cars. I'm in a place I never thought I would ever be and need to change. I am nearly 13 stone but to be honest my weight is the least of my worries right now but I see it as a stepping stone to feeling better, I just want to make that leap to gain some friends, some support, grow my confidence back. I wanted to join my community weight loss group but it would have cost £22 a month and I havn't the money for that.

I'm a lovely person who is normally full of life, I hate this self pity, I have a good life with two children and a good husband who works hard to support us. I just want to feel like I did before everyone knew we had money worries and debt, when I worked, had pride in myself and my home. It's all gone wrong and all though I have a plan for the future I'm not right in myself, I'm ugly through and through now, that's how I see myself. I want to change. I want to be an allrounded happy person. I know that it is me who has to get me out of this. I know it is me thats making me feel like this, no one else. I have to try to be positive and I see weight loss as something to start the process. I just hope I'm not setting myself up for another fall.

Thank you for listening, I know there's nothing you can say to me to help me, I've kind of helped myself by typing this all down.

Miche

Hi,

I'm Miche. I've been through a horrible time and out the other side now (we lost our home and trying to make a rented house our home in an area where I don't know anyone) things are not as desperate as they were but i'm lost, I feel like I've lost every bit of pride or liking for myself, I feel a faliure in every thing I do right now. I am working hard to try to get my qualifications up to scratch for university entry to become a midwife and I know I have a plan but at the minute being a stay at home mum with no spare money is really getting me down, I'm lonely, I don't go anywhere other than walk ing my eldest to school (I choose a school miles away because it was the best for my daughter) but I end up getting there looking terrible with frizzy hair, dirty walking shoes, fat and ugly not all glam like the other mothers getting out of their new cars. I'm in a place I never thought I would ever be and need to change. I am nearly 13 stone but to be honest my weight is the least of my worries right now but I see it as a stepping stone to feeling better, I just want to make that leap to gain some friends, some support, grow my confidence back. I wanted to join my community weight loss group but it would have cost £22 a month and I havn't the money for that.

I'm a lovely person who is normally full of life, I hate this self pity, I have a good life with two children and a good husband who works hard to support us. I just want to feel like I did before everyone knew we had money worries and debt, when I worked, had pride in myself and my home. It's all gone wrong and all though I have a plan for the future I'm not right in myself, I'm ugly through and through now, that's how I see myself. I want to change. I want to be an allrounded happy person. I know that it is me who has to get me out of this. I know it is me thats making me feel like this, no one else. I have to try to be positive and I see weight loss as something to start the process. I just hope I'm not setting myself up for another fall.

Thank you for listening, I know there's nothing you can say to me to help me, I've kind of helped myself by typing this all down.

Miche

Hi Miche and a very very warm welcome to our community :D

I am so glad to read that just typing all that out has helped in some way. Banging it out on a keyboard can be great therapy can't it?!! ;):)

I am sorry to hear of the struggles you have had recently but you really sound very self aware about wanting to change things and looking to a brighter future. Study is great for giving your confidence a boost as well. I didn't even start my degree until I was 30 years old and really enjoyed it.

Have a browse around the site, see what weightloss plan would fit into your lifestyle as there will be one for sure and just jump in on the boards when you feel comfortable and see the amount of support and friendship we have to offer,

Lovely to meet you,

Isis xx :)

Thank you Isis, I'm going to have a good look around now.

I've had a good talking to my self and winging is not going to be me anymore. This is the start of the way up.

While I was working I was yearning to stay at home with my girls, now I am able to do it I should be thinking positively about it and not dwell on the past or let that drag me down.

Thank you for replying. Feel rather silly for typing all that now as 10 minutes later I feel better. I guess i'm very up and down at the minute.. I will sort myself!

Thank you Isis, I'm going to have a good look around now.

I've had a good talking to my self and winging is not going to be me anymore. This is the start of the way up.

While I was working I was yearning to stay at home with my girls, now I am able to do it I should be thinking positively about it and not dwell on the past or let that drag me down.

Thank you for replying. Feel rather silly for typing all that now as 10 minutes later I feel better. I guess i'm very up and down at the minute.. I will sort myself!

This is the place to get typing how you feel Miche, it really is :). Once you feel more familiar with the site why not think about starting your own diary thread as a place you can go to whenever and talk about whatever :D

Enjoy having a look around and be kind yourself ;) x

Hi Miche,

I can only reiterate what the other posters have said, and add my welcome to Minimins.

I do believe that by writing down how you feel you do release a lot of negativity, so don't feel foolish by doing so - I find the process to be very cathartic. Everyone on this forum will support you and be here to hold your hand during the times you feel low, but equally we will also be here to cheer on your achievments and celebrate with you.

Welcome to Minimins - hope to see you around

xxx

Hi and welcome. We are very supportive and always here to listen to you. Things will get better and meanwhile every little step will be worthwhile. No need to join a club when you have us. Get some dieting books out of the library and see what you fancy. Or buy a copy of the latest WW or SW magazine they always have planned menus to follow

Good luck
Irene xx

Back