Down with Spanx!

Hi Sweet and Surreygal! xxx

I had a lovely weekend away with my girlfriends - although I was completely off plan for the whole weekend! Still, we did a lot of walking (probably about 5 miles every day!), so I obviously burnt most of it off, as I have come back only 1lb heavier. After all of the beer, mulled wine and scrummy food, I call that a result! :D

I have got straight back on plan -although I have been starving all week, so I have probably eaten too much, but not gone over syns I don't think... I am not going to change my 5.5 st shiny, in the hope that I can get that 1lb back off again by Sunday - if I don't, then I will have to lose the shiny!

So, only 9lbs to go until I reach the target I set myself back in June 2010. I have to say that I set that target more in hope than expectation, so I'm very excited to have almost got there!

I am going to up the exercise now, as I still have a very stubborn belly. I have rubbish stomach muscles, after having an emergency C-section when my son was born, so I'm really not cut out for stomach exercises, but I need to give it a good go, or else it will never shrink!

There is also the added incentive of a new man on the scene - and he's extremely fit - so I really need to look and feel better naked, just in case!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Hope everyone is well and having a great week!

Woohoo! Not only did I get that 1lb back off, but another two besides! Really, really pleased - especially as my stats are now telling me that I have now lost a third of my original body weight! :D:D:D

That's fired me up for another good week! Need to lose 1lb a week between now and Christmas to reach my original target to my original timescale...! Excited! :p

Wooohooo!!!! well done you:D:D great loss.You are doing fantabulous so very close to target amazing:D.
Really pleased for you on having a new man on the scene;) .Hope you have a good day:)xx

Thanks Surreygal!

I think I will reset my target once I've reached it. When I set it in June 2010, I really didn't expect to get there - it seemed such a long way off! Now I'm nearly there - but my body still has a way to go - particularly my still-jellybelly!!!

So, I'm thinking of re-setting it to 10st, but not until I've reached 10st 12lbs, which was my original target!

Sunday started off my week quite well:

Sunday: EE
Brunch: Allbran (HEB), yoghurt, mixed berries
Lunch: Apple, chicken thigh, banana
Dinner: Chicken, pasta, pesto (4 syns), leeks, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms
Snack: Snack-size Toffee Crisp (5 syns)

Syns today: 9

A good couple of days, so feeling like I'm firmly back on track after my holiday and weekend away!

I put some pics up on facebook of my girly weekend and have had lots of lovely comments from friends who haven't seen me for a while, so that was a confidence-booster! Also, my ex-husband was round last night and accused me of 'wasting away'!!! :eek:

Monday: Green
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), mixed berries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Oven chips (4 syns), chicken (HEB+3syns), BBQ sauce (1 syn)

Syns today: 8

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, brown sauce (1 syn)
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, cheese (HEA)

Syns today: 3.5

Week so far: 20.5

Yay. Loving the progress Spanx. You are a superstar and a fantastic role model for all those people who come on here saying 'how quickly can I lose.....'. You have shown us all that it doesn't matter how long it takes, what is important is sustainable losses which is exactly what you have done.

And a new man........???? Tell all ? How did you meet, how long have you been seeing each other etc etc. I love a good story :D

It's good to be back. Thanks for tolerating my absence :)

Gail x

Thank you Gail - it's lovely to have you back!

I know it has taken me nearly 18 months to get this far, but I can honestly say that it doesn't seem that long and, of course, that it has been entirely worth it!!

Will fill you in on the new man story soon, but at work, so this is a quick post and run...

Just had to tell you that I bought some size 14 skinny jeans yesterday and had to take them back because they were too big!!! I am now the proud owner of a pair of size 12 skinnies!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Thank you Gail - it's lovely to have you back!

I know it has taken me nearly 18 months to get this far, but I can honestly say that it doesn't seem that long and, of course, that it has been entirely worth it!!

Will fill you in on the new man story soon, but at work, so this is a quick post and run...

Just had to tell you that I bought some size 14 skinny jeans yesterday and had to take them back because they were too big!!! I am now the proud owner of a pair of size 12 skinnies!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

:woohoo:size 12 skinnies!! Go you how fantastic:D:D x

Thanks Surreygal! I am still grinning!!!

WI this morning and I have lost 3lbs! :D:D:D I am absolutely over the moon!

Did try to maximise the SS foods this week, lots of veggies and fewer carbs and it's obviously had an effect.

So, only 3lbs to go now to reach my first target. Looks like I might just do it within my original timeframe too. Woohoo!

Thank you Slimming World! :D

A good start to the week yesterday, even if I did crave carbs all day and didn't really have a third superfree!!!

Sunday: EE (or could call it a green day and add 3 extra syns for slice of chicken at lunch time!)
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, mixed berries
Lunch: Apple, chicken (out and about - grabbed something on the go!)
Dinner: Chicken, oven chips (4 syns - needed some comfort food!), apple
Snack: Half a KitKat (3 syns)

Syns today: 7

The 10s are getting closer...! Really hope I can do it this week, but think that after two weeks of fab losses I will probably have a STS or very small loss... We shall see!

Oh yes, forgot to add that I took my measurements last night...

The first time I recorded them was after 1 month on SW...in July 2010

Bust: 41 Total lost: 11.5"
Under bust: 34.5 Total lost: 7.5"
Waist: 35.5 Total lost: 11.5"
Hips: 41.5 Total lost: 10.5"
Thighs: 21 Total lost: 3.5" (since Jan 2011, first measurement)
Arms: 12 Total lost: 2" (since March 2011, first measurement)

That's a total of 46.5" lost - or nearly 4 feet!

Another good day!

Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, mixed berries
Lunch: Baked potato, mushy pea curry with chicken (HEB) and mushroom
Dinner: Pasta, tomatoes, leeks, broccoli, courgettes, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Apple

Syns today: 0
Week so far: 7

Woooohoooooo. Get you ;) You're on a roll Mrs :D

So glad things are going well for you. Your positivity is really lovely to hear.

How's the love life going ?? :cool:

Gail x

Hope you are ok ? Good luck for tomorrow :)

Gail x

Thanks Gail!

2lbs on for me this morning, but I was out on Friday and Saturday nights, with off-plan meals and alcohol to boot! So it's not unexpected, but I hope it will come straight back off again this week!

I'm still feeling really positive.

Strangely, this week I've had two of my friends tell me not to lose any more! To be honest, I don't want to lose any more off my face and shoulder area, but I've still got a big, flabby jellybelly to get rid of, so I'm going to have to step up the exercise! It's just so hard when it's dark and cold!!

Love life is going well Gail! Am taking it very slowly, but I've seen him again a couple of times and we're getting on well. It's been lovely to have something where I'm just me, not a mum, or a colleague, or an ex-fatty!!! :eek:

Ah well. You know why :). It'll come off next week. So delighted to hear about love life. I really hope it continues to go well (or at least continues to be fun for both of you).

Have a good week.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

So pleased for you that things are going well Spanx:).You will soon have them gone again.Hope your enjoying your Sunday:)xx

Thank you my lovelies!

Couldn't help but have a sneaky peak this morning and 1lb already gone, so feel relieved that it was post-nights out bloat!

Made some soup yesterday, so I'm going to try and have some every day in the hope that it will do some good!

Sunday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Dinner: Pasta, tallarines verdes (HEA = 2 syns)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 7.5

Lunch: Parsnip soup, baked potato, beans
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), rice, peas, mushrooms
Snack: KitKat??? (5.5 syns) (will change if don't have it!)

Syns today: 5.5

Week so far: 13

Another good day - although I have been craving sweet things far more than normal! Thank goodness for KitKats!

I cleared out one of my food cupboards last night and found about 12 boxes of Alpen lights and 2 multipacks of velvet crunch! Can't believe I had crisps in the cupboard and didn't eat them!!!

Tuesday: Green
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), chicken (HEB), leeks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cheese (HEA)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 8
Week so far: 21

Back