Down with Spanx!

I hate it when the scales don't play ball - sounds like you are already thinking 'bigger picture' so don't need to tell you to do that :)

Keep going hun xxx

Thanks Elle and Belle, you're both right.

I have got very samey with my HEBs - relying on Rocky Roads to get me through my snack attack late in the evening! I've had less meat this week and more superspeed fruit, so I'm hoping that will give me a loss at WI tomorrow - not confident though after a sneaky peek on the scales this morning.

Still, I'm off to a wedding at the weekend and had to buy a new outfit. Celebrated how far I've come by buying a fitted dress - my first one ever! - in a size 14! Decided to focus on the positives and enjoy how good it felt to be shopping in 'normal' shops, instead of Evans, or online. :D

Fingers crossed for you :)

You are right it is easy to forget how far we have come and not give ourselves the praise we deserve

Have a fab time at the wedding :)

Bah! Put half a pound on at WI - not a happy bunny.

Had a lovely weekend at the wedding, but ate and drank far too much! Wedding was free champagne all night... oops! Then yesterday I had a dreadful hangover and just craved carbs all day. So, 2lbs heavier this morning, but I'm drawing a line under it and starting the week afresh!

Here's me in my wedding outfit. My aunt and uncle were there, I haven't seen them for 3 years and they were both very complimentary. My aunt's lost 3st too - SW of course!
022.JPG

you look fab babe! :) xxx

Thanks Elle, I felt pretty good, wanted to walk around with the size 14 label hanging out!

I've had a pretty rubbish week though, just couldn't get back into the swing of things after the wedding blow-out and gave in to cake temptation in the office a couple of times, as well as having a takeaway curry, with naan and chips - eek! Looking at a 2lb gain at least at WI tomorrow.

Feel I've lost my way a bit - keep going up and down all the time. Still, I will stick at it and hopefully it will click back into place soon. :eek:

Somehow I managed to get away with a maintain at WI - no idea how, but I'll take it!

I've decided to keep a food diary this week - haven't done one for ages and I think it's a symbol of my complacency.

Also won the raffle at group, which was all the ingredients needed for the Spicy Mexican Bean Burgers from the new Fakeaways book, so decided to have a green day yesterday and try them. They were nice, although we blended them a bit too much, so they didn't have the proper bean burger texture. Still, the taste was good and they were very easy to make, so we'll try them again!

New fakeaways book is good - although there are lots of recipes in there that you've already got or seen, it's good to have them in one place. I mainly bought it for my son, so that he can choose our Saturday night dinner from there every week - and help me cook it!

I think I mentioned a few months ago that he was getting bullied at school for being 'fat'. According to the children's BMI scales, he is, but he doesn't really look it. Anyway, since then he's been eating more healthily (although still very hard to get veggies inside him!) and he's grown 6" but only put on a few lbs. He looks so much better, I'm hoping that the Fakeaways idea will keep him on the straight and narrow!

So, here's Friday's food - it wasn't a great day for proper meals, as it was WI in the morning, couple of hours work and straight out for an afternoon appointment...

Friday: Green
B: Banana, mullerlight
L: Mullerlight, pineapple, peanut hifi bar (HEB)
S: Apple, banana (starving, nothing else I could lay my hands on quickly, wouldn't normally have two bananas in one day!)
D: Spicy mexican bean burger (1.5 syns), SW wedges, large salad, balsamic vinegar
S: Rocky Road x 2 (HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 7

So, not a great day, only two proper meals and no HEA, but at least I was back on track and didn't succumb to the munchies while I was out and about!

Lost 1lb this week - really pleased with that, after feeling like I should have had a gain last week, but got away with a maintain!

Tried three recipes from the Fakeaways book this week - beanburgers I've already mentioned, plus the BBQ chicken drumsticks (which I had with quorn fillets as don't like meat on the bone!) and SW style 'fried' chicken. Both were nice - and even better, my son cooked both of them and ate the lot!

Didn't manage to keep a food diary all week - but I did feel a little more focused. Plus the sunny days helped - went and bought a load of salad from the greengrocer and lots of fresh fruit, which kept me going when I felt peckish.

Hope everyone has a lovely easter weekend - our C went through the syns in Easter Eggs this morning - enough to put anyone off! :)

Thanks Elle! Hope you had a good Easter.

WI today and lost half a pound. Pretty pleased with that, as hadn't had the greatest of weeks. i was only on plan 4 days out of the 7, including one day with a curry and beer blow out!

I really need to get my focus back - just 12 weeks to my summer hols and half a stone to lose before then. Going to try and have a 100% week, with lots of superfree. Already feeling virtuous for turning down the offer of a meal out or a takeaway tonight! :D

Thanks Sian! I've had a 100% week, so hoping for a loss on the scales tomorrow... Don't feel like I've got one though, very bloated and lethargic at the moment. Hoping for some sunshine to enthuse me and get me back to exercising. I bought a seven minute workout app a couple of weeks ago - thinking that everyone can find 7 minutes in a day... not done it once yet! :D

Pah! As kind of expected, I STS this morning. Disappointed with that, but it just adds to my feeling that I really need to shake things up to get this last half a stone off.

So, my plan for this week is to reduce my carbs and increase superfree and protein (quorn, fish, chicken and maybe some turkey mince). I've gone through my SW recipe books and come up with four or five meat-based meals that I feel would be filling enough without masses of rice, pasta or potato and sent the other half out shopping!

So, we're going to try the fish cakes from the fakeaways book tonight, with a large salad.

I'm out all day on Sunday at a dog show for a rescue I work with, so going to take tandoori chicken drumsticks, couscous and salad with me, to make sure I don't end up snacking on burgers and cakes (I already know that's all there will be there to eat, unless I decide to take some Quorn burgers and ask them to cook those on the BBQ!) Must make sure they don't ask me to man the cake stall, which is what happened last year - disaster! :D

Thanks Elle!

Going to keep a food diary this week as well, to really get me focused:

Friday: EE
Breakfast: Banana (at group), pineapple, ff yoghurt, 1 ScanBran (1 syn)
Lunch: Two egg omelette with mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and HEA cheese, baked beans, brown sauce (1 syn)
Dinner: Home made chilli and coriander fishcakes, adapted from Fakeaways recipe (1.5 syns for breadcrumbs), large salad, garlic and chilli mushrooms
Snacks: Salted caramel Hifi (HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns), syn free yoghurt

fishcakes.jpg

Syns today: 7.5

Have to admit that I felt hungry most of the day - too used to big plates of free carbs!

Well that didnt' go quite as planned - didn't keep a food diary and ended up having two meals out! Still managed to lose 1lb this week though, so despite two meals out, I'm sure that trying to reduce my carb intake has had an effect. Which means I'm going to have to keep it up. I was still feeling hungry without them, even though I was filling up on salad and protein. Also got a bit stuck for lunch ideas, as I don't really eat much meat and didn't want to eat too many eggs. So, a bit more planning this week and hopefully another good week!

Grrr - things are not going well! STS two weigh-ins in a row, seem to be firmly stuck at 6lbs to target... Last week I tried reducing my carbs, switching from black coffee to green tea and upping my superfree (most days I was having around 12 portions of fruit and veg a day...kept off grapes, peas and sweetcorn, but did have about 5 bananas over the week). Anyone with any ideas/tips to help get over this plateau? I can feel myself getting despondent and really don't want to fall off the wagon!

I'm going to keep a food diary this week, just to see what's going on... trying to mix things up a little and spend my syns on different things from the normal KitKats and ketchup (although those will still figure!)

Friday: Green
Taster at group: 1 small brandy pot (1 syn), 1 small slice weetabix cake (1 syn)
B: Magic porridge with raspberries (HEB)
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
D: Spinach, chickpea, mushroom and aubergine curry (loosely based on the recipe in the new mag - delicious!) with boiled rice
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB), 1 KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 8.5

Saturday: EE
B: Warburtons thin (5 syns), with bacon and brown sauce (1 syn), strawberries and mullerlight
L: Left over curry with half sachet of brown rice (1 syn)
D: Two turkey chilli burgers (from Asda, 0.5 syns each), SW wedges, mange tout, mushrooms, onions, green beans
S: 2 x czech beer (2 syns), 2 x hifi light (HEB)

Syns today: 10

Oops! Yesterday did not go as planned... Felt pretty rubbish all day, with a headache and general lethargy. Ate sensibly all day, until tea-time came around, when I gave in to a craving for Fish & Chips (after some 'encouragement' from OH and son). Still, it could have been worse! Had four mugs of green tea, in place of some of the coffee I'd normally drink, and still managed to get quite a lot of superfree in.

Sunday: EE
B: Peach, mixed berries, mullerlight
S: Banana
L: Small bowl left over pasta with courgette, leeks, aubergine, mushrooms, passatta and pesto (1 syn)
D: Fish (from chip shop, in batter, which I gave away!), chips (about 2/3 or a portion, so going to say 15 syns), bit of curry sauce (just dipped a few chips - 3 syns?!)
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB), 1 x KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 24.5

Week so far: 43

Back on track after the fish and chips! Really, really need to see a loss this week...

Monday: EE
B: Mixed berries, peach, mullerlight
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn), peach
D: Gammon, wedges, large salad, BBQ Sauce (1 syn)
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)
Syns today: 7.5

Tuesday: Green
B: Mixed berries, mullerlight
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), BBQ sauce (1 syn)
S: Slice of chickpea dhal loaf
D: Pasta, quorn fillet, tomato sauce with courgettes, onion, mushrooms (mum cooked it, she put some olive oil in, going to count this as my 2nd HEB), strawberries, blackberries, grapes
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB), 8 twirl bites (6 syns)
Syns today: 7

Week so far: 57.5

Back