Down with Spanx!

Hello hello! Looks like you've got a couple of good days under your belt after having your fish and chips the other day. You were very virtuous with your fish and chips...unlike me yesterday, haha! :D xx

Last edited:
Thanks girls! WI yesterday and lost 1lb, so happy with that after two weeks maintaining. Need to try and remember my food for the rest of the week now!

Wednesday: Green
B: Pineapple, strawberries, mixed berries, mullerlight
L: Chickpea dhal loaf and baked beans
D: BBQ Quorn fillet with salad and wedges, BBQ sauce (1 syn)
S: 2 x hifi light, choc wafers (8 syns)
Syns today: 9

Thurs: Green
B: Magic porridge with raspberries
L: Baked potato with beans and brown sauce (1 syn), banana
D: Quorn pieces with pasta, courgettes, mushrooms, leeks, passata, tomatoes, pesto (2 syns), cheese (HEA)
S: 2 x hifi light (HEB), choc wafers (10 syns)
Syns today: 13

Syns for week: 79.5

Had a real chocolate head on for the last few days! :eek:

Then after WI yesterday, everything went to pot... I'd promised my son to take him to Jimmy Spices (all you can eat buffet) for a half-term treat. Didn't do too badly there, but still probably around 30 syns. Then OH wanted to go to the pub to watch the England match - G&T, crisps and chips on the way home... Cue this morning's sneaky peek on the scales - 2.75lbs ON - in one day! How is that even possible? :mad::break_diet:

Still, today is a new day. Line drawn and moving on...

Damn football and so much more to come :eek:

You've got a week, you know they say you don't throw away the vase of flowers because one is past it's best it's one meal out of 21 you can still loose! You know you can do it plan some lovely meals and you will be fine :)

yesterday's gain is probably just fluid retention - drink 2 ltr water a day and it will flush out all the baddies. You WILL get a loss this week again.

Hi Sian, I'm a bit fed up with myself! I let my one day off plan dictate my entire weekend and went over my syns every day (although not as badly!)

Still, today was a new start and I've decided to have a veggie week - will probably do a mix of green and EE.

I sat myself down this morning and looked at some old photos and decided that instead of feeling sorry for myself and bored with SW, I should just be grateful for how far I've come and not worry too much about how far is left to go...

So, that's the plan for the week!

How are you getting on with WW? x

Hi Sian, I'm pretty good. Pulled it back to 'only' gain half a pound this morning at WI, so not nearly as bad as it could have been!

My C gave me a kick up the backside though, reminding me it's just 7 WIs until my holiday and I'd said I wanted to be at target by then - so that's 5.5lbs to lose in 7 weeks. As she said, on my current form I'm not going to do that, so I need to do something different... Just what I needed to get my focus back. If I make it, I'll be the lightest I've been on holiday for about 25 years, so there's an incentive!

This week I'm going to try and substitute green tea and peppermint tea for at least half of my daily drinks and really up the superfree. Will probably try and stick to Green most of the week too.

Just tonight to get over first - I'd agreed to take my son out for dinner to the restaurant of his choice for getting a really good school report - unfortuately he's picked a burger and pizza place... :(

Hi Sian, hope you are well!

I've been so busy, I don't know where this week has gone... WI tomorrow and hoping for a loss, although *tmi alert* I've been really bunged up this week...! :eek:

I took my measurements today and I've not lost anything from my waist for months, but my hips, bust, legs and arm measurements are all the smallest they've been since I was in my early 20s!

Thanks Belle - feels good today! I will probably lower my target weight, eventually, but I originally chose it because it's the lowest weight I remember being as an adult. Think I was around this weight when I left university - and the weight started piling on once I started work. So, at nearly 17 stone, 10st 12lbs felt like a really low target! So I think I will get there (eventually!) then see if I can learn to stay there. Once I feel confident that the weight's not going to go straight back on again, I may lower my target to 10st - still want to get rid of my jelly belly! :D

Thanks Sian! Hope you've had a good week.

Was feeling great and then...out for a BBQ with friends and everything went to pot... Ended up eating chocolate, crisps and cake until it came out of my ears...! *sigh* I can't even blame the demon drink, as I was driving.

I've started using My Fitness Pal to log my food diary, just to see how many calories I'm having. I'd been averaging around 1200-1400 per day - yesterday this became 2700 - double my usual intake!

Still, line drawn and fresh start today. :eek:

Back