Down with Spanx!

Thanks Queenie - how lovely to see you back! Happy (and slim) New Year...! x

Nice to be back, my goal is to get to a class, any class, to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Your diary is looking good, hope you have a good loss at WI in this week.

Q

Thanks for the support Queenie and Gail!

WI tomorrow and I'm a bit worried. I've had a really good week in terms of the food I've eaten, but (and I'm sorry if this is too much information!) I haven't been for a number 2 for 3 days!!! Hence I feel really bloated and lethargic today *sigh*

My Mum called round earlier with a load of M&S 'count on us' ready meals. Bless, she's trying to be helpful, but I posted on the syn values thread and at least two of them are around 10 syns each (not sure what the other two are yet, cold be worse)!

Still, I hadn't had any syns today, so I had one for tea. It was thai green curry with jasmine rice and steamed veg - and, for a ready meal, it was scrummy! I was surprised it was so many syns however, as it was mainly veg (green beans, baby sweetcorn and peppers), rice and chicken... Their Thai curry sauce must have been really synful!!!

So, today looked like this:

Friday: Green

Brekkie: Alpen light
Snack: Apple, banana
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Thai green chicken curry with jasmine rice and steamed veg, plus extra broccoli (9.5 syns)
Snack: Kitkat (5.5 syns), ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 15

Total syns Mon-Fri: 40.5

Fingers crossed for WI in the morning...:fingerscrossed:

I think there's some coconut milk in the curry sauce making it synful, but from what I remember, M&S count on us meals are generally around 400 kcal, so, as a main meal, it can't be that bad for weight loss?

good luck with WI later!! xx

Well done Spanx on your weight loss so far and your minimal gain at Christmas!
Good luck with your weigh-in and hope your 'internal plumbing' will right itself soon.:) X

Thanks lovely ladies!

WOOHOO!!! I've done it! New 3stone shiny proudly displayed below! :D:D:D

Back to the TMI - took a dose of senna last night which has done the trick!

WI this morning - 13st 13lb - into the 13s for the first time in about 5 years, got my 3 stone shiny and spent the next 20 minutes dancing around the kitchen singing 'I'm in the mood for dancing...' at the top of my voice! :eek::eek:

Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend too! x

FANTASTIC !!! Well done. I'm so pleased for you :)

Gail x

Fan-bloody-tastic girl, 3 stone award I bet you felt like dancing all day. Have you planned a non foodie target to celebrate?

Thanks girlies - I am still on cloud 9!

Another 100% day today -
Saturday: Green

Brunch: Apple, banana (had a lie-in!)
Snack: FF yoghurt, Alpen light (half HEB)
Dinner: Half pack M&S curry (5 syns), oven chips (3 syns), broccoli
Evening snack: FF yoghurt, clementine, Alpen light (other half HEB)

Total syns: 8

Thanks Jane - although I'm sure there are Miniminners far more worthy of being called an inspiration than me!

Another good day today - I had an EE day for a change, as my son wanted chicken wrapped in bacon for tea!

Did anyone watch that programme on BBC called something like '10 secrets of dieting'? There was something on there showing that eating soup keeps you full for longer than eating the same food, but not blended. Very interesting, but I'm afraid my stomach would beg to disagree, as proved this afternoon!

Sunday: EE day

Late Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB)
Lunch: Broccoli soup
Snack (about an hour later!): Alpen light (half HEB), ff yoghurt
Dinner: Chicken breast wrapped in bacon (counting 3 syns for the tiny bits of fat I couldn't be bothered to remove!) with cheese (HEA), baked potato, cauli, broccoli, carrots, peas, BBQ sauce (2 syns)

Total syns for day: 5

Saw an advert ealier for some rather scrummy looking Ryvitas with pumpkin seeds - does anyone know if they're an HEB?

On the ryvita front, I just checked in the Syn Values forum and it's only two for a HEB - doesn't seem much, but maybe I will give them a try and see!

I expect it's because they were 'fancy' ryvita. You can have more of the basic ryvita for a HEXB I think. The fancy seed ones are about 50 calories each, the basic ones are more like 35/40.

Gah - I haven't been able to stop eating today! Have managed to stay within syn limit, but seriously struggled and felt hungry all day!

Bought some butterbuds from Lakeland today, as I got carrots and swede in my veg box this week and want to make some mash. Can't imagine it not tasting buttery and peppery, so I thought I'd give them a go! For half a syn per sachet they've got to be worth it! Will let you know once I've made it...

Monday: Green

Brekkie: 2 x alpen light (HEB), apple, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Huge baked potato, beans, cheese (2xHEA)
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (3 syns), mushrooms, chicken wrapped in bacon (HEB + 3 syns)
Snack: FF Yoghurt, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Totals syns for day: 11.5
Total syns for week so far: 24.5

Hi Spanx,

I have those days occasionally. However you should be REALLY proud that you managed to control it and stay within syns. Hopefully today is a bit better ??

Let me know how you get on with the butter buds though......

Gail x

Second that interest in butter buds.

Well done for staying within your syns, I know I get days where I almost have to force myself to eat my healthy extras and others when I could cheerfully eat a scabby horse (that coming from a veggie, who follows green days, I guess I'd have to syn the horse).

Q

Spanx said:
Thanks lovely ladies!

WOOHOO!!! I've done it! New 3stone shiny proudly displayed below! :D:D:D

Back to the TMI - took a dose of senna last night which has done the trick!

WI this morning - 13st 13lb - into the 13s for the first time in about 5 years, got my 3 stone shiny and spent the next 20 minutes dancing around the kitchen singing 'I'm in the mood for dancing...' at the top of my voice! :eek::eek:

Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend too! x

Well done!!! You must be thrilled :)

Back