Down with Spanx!

It will be interesting to see this week's WI - my appetite has continued unabated all week and, for the first time, I think I've got close to 15 syns every day this week. Must be the January blues!

The weather isn't helping any is it, it's so cold and grey, can you make yourself a big batch of soup or stew or casserole that you can help yourself to all day?

Q

Hi Queenie - I had done exactly that and then had a disaster - I was trying to cram even more into my already packed freezer and managed to knock 3 tupperwares full of frozen soup off the shelf and the tupperware (cheap, not the real thing, obviously!) smashed on the floor leaving frozen soup and bits of plastic everywhere! :sigh:

I haven't been too bad, had lots of fruit and kept within syns limit just about, just can't understand why I'm suddenly so hungry all the time!

Hi Spanx,

I sympathise. I'm having a week where I just want to eat a lot of the time, even when I'm so clearly not hungry. It's been ages since I've felt like this so who knows why ??? Anyway, stick with it, I'm sure that it will pass but glad you're using your syns.

Gail x

Oh no's! Soup catastrophe, but think of the body magic involved in sweeping and bending to pick up obliterated plastic tubs.

Q

Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose Queenie!

I think I've worked out why I'm feeling so hungry - it's a mixture of a change of routine and nervous excitement. I was made redundant before Christmas and am now setting up my own business. At the moment I'm working at home, so I have access to food all day and I don't have a routine...

Just hoping for some sort of loss in the morning! I really don't want a gain - determined never to go above 14 stone again.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Well done, good loss and such fantastic progress.

Thanks ladies!

Another good day yesterday, but I definitely need to up my super free (even though I mainly do green days, not EE!) and get some exercise sorted. I keep finding excuses not to exercise - I fancy doing the C25K, but I don't want to go out in the dark, I can't find childcare to enable me to go to the zumba class up the road etc etc. However, I do have a wii fit, a vibration plate and a number of DVDs right here in my house, so excuses are all they are!

I am going to challenge myself to do 20 mins a day this week and see where that gets me...will report back in this thread, so if you don't see any comments about exercising, feel free to yell at me! :D

Have a great Sunday everyone! x

So, 'exercising' today consisted of lugging furniture around, lots of hoovering and a 20 minute walk...

I also managed to up the superfree slightly!

Saturday: Green

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEA), banana
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Oven chips (4 syns), chick pea dhal, ff yoghurt, apple

Total syns: 4

Sunday: Green

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), banana
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)
Dinner: Pasta, leeks, mushrooms, peas, pesto (4 syns), cheese (HEA)
Snack: Pineapple, ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 9.5

Week so far: 13.5

Spanx said:
Woohoo! Another 1.5lbs gone and now I'm over half way to my original target! Bring on the other half! :D

Well done!! Good luck with the second half of your journey!

Thanks Dream - hope you are having a good week!

Day 2 of exercise challenge - 20 mins walk and 2 hours housework...not too bad!

Another good day on the food front too!

Monday: Green

Lunch: Pasta, pesto, leeks, mushrooms, peas (2.5 syns)
Dinner: Chilli chicken (1.5 HEB), mushrooms, onions, oven chips (3 syns)

Total syns for day: 5.5
Week so far: 19

Won't be so easy tomorrow though, as I have the girlies coming round for dinner and gossip! Actually, I'm doing baked potatoes and salad and friend is bringing rotisserie chicken, so it won't be too bad - probably have to account for a tbsp of coleslaw and a large glass of wine!

Well done on your loss this week.

Have a great evening tomorrow with the girlies.

Good luck with the exercise challenge.......

Gail x

Well done, you sound really motivated. Hope it all pays off next WI. Hope you have a fabulous time with the girls.

Q

Thanks Queenie and Gail! x

Well, after a really promising start to the week it's all gone a bit pete tong! I stayed within syns on Tuesday, despite girls night, but yesterday I went out straight from work to a networking event which went on until 10pm - and the only food on offer was pizza! And today I met up with a friend for lunch at the most SW unfriendly place, so I think I've gone over today too... Also, I've only managed to exercise on Wednesday and that was only a 20 minute walk grabbed in my lunch hour. :sigh:

Tuesday: Green

Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), mushrooms, leeks, peas, mullerlight
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), salad, baked potato, coleslaw (4 syns), large glass wine (7 syns)

Total syns for day: 13

Wednesday: Green
Brekkie: 2 x alpen light (HEB)
Snack: Apple, banana
Dinner: 3 small slices of thin crust pizza - ?20 syns?

Total syns for day: 20

Thursday: EE
Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB)
Lunch: Grilled burger, rasher bacon, cheese (HEA), salad, potato wedges - total est. 12 syns for wedges and some for burger?
Dinner: Pasta, chilli pesto (2.5 syns), mushrooms, chicken
Snack: Mullerlight

Total syns for day: 14.5

Total so far this week: 66.5

I am out for lunch with a friend tomorrow and then having dinner with another friend - this networking lark might (hopefully!) be good for drumming up some business, but it's not good for the diet!

Hi Spanx,

I sympathise with the eating out thing. I have loads of meals out coming up over the next 4 weeks. However I just try to pick which (if any) are the most lovely (in which case i just have what I want) and the rest I do my best to keep to plan. My biggest nightmare is pizza though which is the only thing I try to avoid completely :-(. Poor you !

Still, what is great is that you have (a) stuck to your weekly syns and (b) not been put off by all of this. You must feel amazing from your losses so far too :)

Hope the rest of the week goes well and that the meals out are yummy. Good luck for WI (Sunday I think ?).

Gail x

Thanks Gail! I managed a STS this week, which, given the meals out I have to be happy with! Friday turned into a curry and wine-fest, as I went out with a girl friend who has just split up from her husband and we spent hours putting the world to rights!

So I'm writing last week off and starting a 100% week this week!

I have also signed up for a Race for Life in June with another friend and we are both determined to run most, if not all, of it! Last time I did one I walked all the way apart from the last 100m or so! So, I've downloaded the C25K podcast, bought a sportsbra and I will be training 3 times a week! Eeek! As someone who has always hated running, I'm dreading this, but also looking forward to it...! :eek:

Well done Spanx. STS is a good result if you've been out for loads of meals this week. I lost 0.5lb and am out for more meals today but I'm happy with that and still hoping for a small loss (despite more meals out during the week !) or at least a stay the same.

Good luck with the running. Build it up slowly and you'll be fine.

Good luck for this week.

Gail x

Thanks Gail!

Well, my 100% week has started off ok so far...

Went for an EE day, as my son wanted sausages for tea.

Brekkie: Alpen light (half HEB), ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
Dinner: 3 tescos lighter choice cumberland sausages (1.5 syns), oven chips (3 syns), satsuma, pineapple
Snack: mullerlight, alpenlight (half HEB)

Total syns for day: 4.5

I've also made some Magic Porridge for brekkie, with a raspberry and cranberry mullerlight and some frozen summer fruits. Don't normally have cereal and was shocked at how few porridge oats you get for 28g! If I'd guesstimated instead of weighing, I would probably have had half as many again!

Have made a big pot of syn-free leek and potato soup as well, so that should do at least 3 lunches this week, with some pumpkin seed and oat ryvitas and laughing cow extra light - yum.

Back