Down with Spanx!

Well, I finally managed my Week 2, Day 1 run - a mix of walking for 2 mins then 90 seconds of jogging for 30 mins. Feeling really pleased with myself, as I managed it straight off, without having run for a week! :D

Finickity - it's good to plan, especially if you know you're prone to giving up on things - hence my spreadsheet and 1lb a week overall target! Sorry to hear about your depression. I don't know what it must be like to suffer from it for that long, but I did have post-natal depression for a month or so when my son was 9 months old (so, very-post natal!), so I can empathise to some degree. Hopefully your success at SW will spur you on to feeling better about yourself and things in general! x

Oh yes, and I had another NSV today - I noticed when studying my side-on view, that my boobs now stick out further than my tummy! :eek::D

WI tomorrow and I'm hoping for at least 1lb... wish me luck!

Friday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed berries
Lunch: Baked potato, cheese (HEA), beans
Dinner: Rice, cauliflower, chickpea and spinach curry
Snack: Mullerlight, alpen light (half HEB), mixed fruit

Total syns for day: 0
Total for week: 67.5

Woohoo! 1.5lbs off for me this morning! :D

:clap: Well done you! 1.5 and the NSV! So funny I was saying to a woman at group that I was making progress as my tummy wasnt overtaking my chest.....she looked at me like I had horns :8855:

Oh and I musn't forget the running, you are doing a grand job lady...keep at it :D

Well done Spanx for your loss and your NSV. Great stuff.

Look forward to hearing next weeks.

Gail x

Thanks Honda and Gail! Honda - it's only a partial NSV however, as once I take my bra off, they sag so much my belly still sticks out further! :sigh: One of the perils of getting older!

Had two comments from people who hadn't seen me for a couple of weeks today, noticing that I'd lost weight, so perhaps it's starting to show a little more! Also noticed that my seat at the football seems bigger!!!! :eek:

Saturday: Green day
Brekkie: None (Saturday lie-in!)
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Kellogg's Fibre plus bar (HEB)
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), with roasted onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in soy sauce and chilli, McCain's rustic oven chips (4 syns)
Snack: Skinny Cow Mini Dipper (3.5 syns) (think I'm becoming addicted to these!)

Total syns today: 7.5

Thanks Honda and Gail! Honda - it's only a partial NSV however, as once I take my bra off, they sag so much my belly still sticks out further! :sigh: One of the perils of getting older!

Had two comments from people who hadn't seen me for a couple of weeks today, noticing that I'd lost weight, so perhaps it's starting to show a little more! Also noticed that my seat at the football seems bigger!!!! :eek:

Oh Spanx you do make me laugh :8855:
Just keep your bra on! :D

Its nice when people notice, helps you along the way. I'm desperatly needing a new pair of jeans, just dont feel I've lost enough to get a smaller size and be comfy yet.....:sigh:

I did a version of C25K last summer, before holiday and I think I need to start it again....thank you Spanx for the push :hug99:
xx

Great loss spanx and nsv well done:D.It's great when you get comments on your weight loss,gives you a real boost:).I've noticed today i have got more room in my car behind the wheel :eek:.

I love this thread! I'm starting SW 2mo after a year off to have a baby! I need to lose 4st and know SW ( and my fellow losers!) will help me get there!

I used to love running in the wind and rain - I'd sing the Rocky theme in my head and shout "Adriaaaaaaan!!!!" when no one was looking! My joints have taken a battering with the pregnancy and weight gain and I can't wait to lose a stone or two and get back out there!

I used to love running in the wind and rain - I'd sing the Rocky theme in my head and shout "Adriaaaaaaan!!!!" when no one was looking!

:8855:Oh so funny! love it! :D

Thanks all, I love the support people on this site give!

Honda - stretch denim is your friend - go for it! Good luck on picking up the C25K again too!

Surreygal - well done to you too for another fab loss this week! I have a sports car and I finally feel like I don't look stupid driving it - after all, the stereotypical sports car driver is supposed to be fit and sexy!

Hi Hannahpot and welcome! Good luck on your journey - with this site and your SW group you will have the support to get there. I lost first time round on SW after I'd had my son - I found it was a good way of making sure he ate healthily too!

I don't do Rocky impressions whilst running, but I do rant out loud at the trainer every time she talks on the podcast - must look very strange to anyone passing by!

Sunday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese
Dinner: Left over chicken with onions, mush and toms, oven chips (5 syns)
Snack: Mullerlight with a chopped banana

Total syns: 5
Week so far: 12.5

Monday: Green
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), pasta, philly light (6 syns - oops! thought it counted as an HEA until Sian corrected me!), mushrooms, leeks, green beans, peas

Syns today: 6
So far this week: 18.5

Last edited:
Oh b****r - I thought it was an A or B on a green day... have just checked and it looks like you're right! Will update my diary - thanks!

It was lush though!

PS - Was just thinking today that I hadn't seen you around much lately! Hope all is well xxx

My mood today matched the weather - grey, wet and miserable! (Made even worse by my team losing at footy this evening...!)

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: Magic porridge(HEB), mixed berries
Lunch: Leftover chicken (HEB) and pasta mix from last night (4 syns for philly light)
Dinner: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Snacks: Apple, 2x Alpen light (6 syns)

Total syns for day: 10
Week so far: 28.5

Loved reading through this. I love how on these forums you hear so much of yourself in what you read. It's such a nice feeling. Good luck on your journey. I'll be reading on for further updates...

Oh yes, and I had another NSV today - I noticed when studying my side-on view, that my boobs now stick out further than my tummy! :eek::D

Well, ive just had to clean my computer screen as i spat my tea all over it when reading this and bursting out laughing!!! I had thought the very same thing about myself just yesterday morning and to say i was thrilled was an understatement!!!

We seem to be very similar as i would be size 18 too and was visted repeatedly by the boob fairy! Also my running gets screwed up sometimes by an old hockey related knee injury!!!

Keep up the good work!!:cool:

Hello Yummymummy, thank you for your support and welcome to Minimins!

Sorry I've forced you into domestic drudgery Fayhamy (or should I say my SW twin?)! Having boobs bigger than your belly is great though, isn't it! :D

Well, the hungry monster struck today, all I could think about all day was food! Decided to make my first scan bran cake, in an attempt to beat the monster back with bran and mullerlight, but, to be honest, it wasn't very nice! Not the scan bran bit, I quite like the taste of bran, but the 'cake' was so wet and sweet I couldn't eat it!

Still, I've found a recipe for banana bread (http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/146127-banana-bread-cake-pics.html) at 2 syns a slice, so I am going to try that next!

Wednesday: Green
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), mullerlight
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), green beans, leeks, chicken (HEB)
Snacks: Scan bran cake (2 syns), banana, kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns today: 10
So far this week: 38.5

Good job I've 'saved' some syns up, as I'm now going out for a curry on friday night with some friends! Shame it's the night before WI...:eek:

Well done Spanx for holding off your 'munchie demons'. It's not easy when you feel like that.

Gail x

, but the 'cake' was so wet and sweet I couldn't eat it!

Still, I've found a recipe for banana bread (http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/146127-banana-bread-cake-pics.html) at 2 syns a slice, so I am going to try that next!

Oh Spanx! Scan bran cake is very weird, I too had a whole moment of 'cold porridge' with it :jelous:

I gained 2.5lb this week, my demon? Banana bread! Real banana bread, I should have known better :mad: Let me know how that SW version goes, I'd be keen to try it :D

xx

Back