Down with Spanx!

Thanks Heather - my son loves the Michael Jackson one! I had to think what you might be referring to and then realised you'd started at the beginning of my diary - that first 8lbs loss seems a long time ago now!

Well my lovelies, WI day today and I FINALLY DID IT! INTO THE TWELVES - 12ST 13LBS, AND 4 STONES GONE!!! WOOHOO! :D:D:D

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Just a flying visit whilst taking abreak from fettling...
Well done Mrs.... So you are now officially a 12st something person :banana dancer: bet you feel amazing , and size 16s in the sales too -does life get any better :bunnydance:

Hope you have a lovely day and keep up the great work :happy096:

YAAAAAY. Well done Spanx. You must be feeling on top of the world.

I'm so pleased for you. What a fantastic result :)

Good luck for this week.

Gail x

Thanks Gail and Capricorn - I do feel amazing! As you two both know so well...!

You two, along with Surreygal and LovelyLaura, are my inspirations on this site. Your journeys give me the motivation to carry on - and I've often read and re-read your diaries to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I don't know what I'd do without this site - when I used to go to group, I'd always stay to image therapy, but I never got out of that what I get from you lovely lot on Minimins!

So - thank you for being there (well, somewhere in cyberspace!) for me - we're all bloomin' amazing! :D

So, I had a lovely Easter Sunday with family and yes, I had, and enjoyed a hot cross bun! I didn't toast it though, and had it with a tsp of jam rather than butter - but it was still delish and well worth waiting for!

Sunday: EE

Brekkie: Weetabix crunchy bran (HEB), shape zero, strawberries
Lunch: Turkey, small baked potato, little curried rice (mum's special recipe, completely irresistible! 1 syn), large salad
Snack: Hot Cross Bun (10 syns), 1 tsp jam (0.5 syn), 1 mini egg (0.75 syn!)
Dinner: Chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, apple, satsuma

Syns for day: 12.5

Fantastic Spanx :party0011::party0011:well done. You must feel on top of the world :D. I agree this site has helped so much the support on here is amazing:D.Hope you have a good week.x

Thanks Surreygal! x

I saw some of my ex in-laws yesterday - hadn't seen them for a few months and they all commented on how good I looked, so that was my first NSV for the day!

Second NSV - I was wearing a pair of cropped jeans that I found during my wardrobe clearout - I found a cinema ticket in the pocket for 31 May 2004 - so that's the last time I was able to get in them!

I also just remembered to put my application in for Olympics tickets for next year, it's the last day today...

Monday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), shape zero, mixed fruit
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Bolognaise made with ex lean turkey mince (HEB+3 syns), pasta, cheese (half HEA)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 8.5
Week so far: 21

Where are you Spanx ??? Hope you're ok and having fun :)

Gail x

Hi Gail - I'm here, don't worry! Just had one of those weeks when I didn't seem to get a minute to myself!

Unfortunately, that also meant a few 'off-plan' meals, resulting in a STS this week, which I'm reasonably happy with, as I was dreading seeing 13st something on the scales this morning!

So, still in the 12s and hopefully, with a renewed focus for the next 3 weeks until my holiday...

Right, off to catch up with everyone else's news! :D

Sts is good Spanx well done.Not long till your hols,Hope you have a good week.Enjoy the sunshine.x

Agree, STS is fine. This is a long term plan and you are showing that you can do this long term (which makes it much more likely that you will stick to it). Well done and so pleased that you are still in the 12's :D

Gail x

Thanks Surreygal and Gail!

So, had a pretty good couple of SW days over the bank holiday - didn't have anything planned except for going to the footy, so managed to get some time to chill out with my son and cook up a huge batch of mushy pea curry for the freezer!

Sunday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), mullerlight, strawberries
Footy snack: Alpen Light (3 syns)
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple, strawberries
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with chicken and mushroom, boiled rice
Snack: Mullerlight (2 syns, the one with the cherry on the bottom - yum!), strawberries (got 2 big punnets, need to eat them!)

Total syns for day: 5

Monday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, mushy pea curry
Dinner: Chicken, leeks, mushrooms, tomatoes, pesto (2 syns), oven chips (4 syns)
Snack: Apple

Total syns: 6
Week so far: 11

FYI Sum is looking for you on Sunday weighers thread for not posting. You're in trouble now..........:p

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Found you Spanx (well your diary anyway..) :D - I thought i'd come hunt down your diary as we haven't heard from you on the sunday thread in a while. Hope you've had a good week Xx

She might sound friendly now but I'd hide if I were you...............;)

Hope you're ok

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Sum and Gail and thanks for looking out for me - I need to be kept on the straight and narrow at the moment!

I couldn't find the right words last night, but it came to me this morning - I've lost heart... Still want to reach target, still desperate to lose a bit more before my holiday, but it's starting to feel like a chore and not a pleasure. I'm going to spend some time this weekend planning some new meals to get me back on track and also finally do the Jillian Michaels Shred DVD that has been sitting on my desk since it arrived about 2 weeks ago!!!

Must get back into running too. I had a few tough weeks where I didn't feel I was improving and my ankle was hurting when I ran, so I've more or less given up - taken to walking for half an hour instead of running/walking.

Not had a bad week foodwise - apart from a bit of a blow out at book club when my friend left the nachos unattended right by my side for the whole evening...:eek:

Tuesday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, strawberries
Lunch: Jacket potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
Snack: Strawberries
Dinner: Pasta, tomatoes, leeks, mushrooms, chicken, pesto (2 syns)
Snacks: Book club night - oops! Nachos, 1 glass wine - est. 20 syns

Total syns for day: 22

Wednesday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Meatballs, pasta, syn-free sauce made with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions etc, large salad, strawberries, half a mullerlight

Total syns for day: 0

Thursday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
Dinner: Gammon, small baked potato, large salad, mullerlight

Total syns for day: 5.5

Week so far: 38.5

Spanxie!! Dont lose heart honey, you have done and are doing so well!

Just think how worth it the last leg before your holiday will feel once you are on holidays (hope that made sense :confused:)

:hug99: You have been such an inspiration to me from day one of my reading minimins.....so keep up the great work love, You're ACE!!! :lilkiss:

Thanks Honda - that made me well-up!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the support and help you get from the lovely peeps on this site is amazing - thank goodness for Minimins!

Have to say I feel much more positive today - perhaps I just needed to get it off my chest (and my tummy, hips and thighs! :D)

I had a great NSV as well today - had to go to a business meeting, so I got a pair of brown linen trousers out of the wardrobe that I last wore to a friend's wedding in June 2005 - and they were too big! Woohoo!

Definitely a M&S 16 on the bottom now - just wish the top half would shrink to match, but have always been 1-2 sizes bigger up top due to my ample appendages!!! :eek:

:party0011:Nothing like a good NSV to help get back the motivation. You've done so well so far Spanx so don't lose heart. Think of what you've achieved so far and it will help to motivate you to continue on :D Good to hear that you've had such a postive day. Good luck for WI Xx

P.S. Thank you for the lovely comment on my picture :D X

Spanx don't lose heart,you really have done so well ,your holiday is not far away and just think how great you will feel and how proud you are of your fabulous weight loss:D.So pleased you are feeling more positive,fantastic nsv:D Don't you just love those moments when you can fit into clothes you haven't been able to wear for ages,even better when they are to big:D:D.xx

Thank you Surreygal - cheering me up as always!

You're right, of course, I will feel very different this year on holiday - not least because I no longer have to worry about doing the seatbelt up on the plane and then having it digging into my thighs for the whole journey! I'm a nervous flyer, so as soon as I get on the plane my seatbelt is done up and it doesn't get undone until I get off!

So, a pretty good weekend as far as SW is concerned - not done enough exercise though, although I did spend this afternoon clearing out my study, so hefting boxes of papers around must count for something!

I have obviously been in need of comfort food this weekend, as I've had the same tea two nights running - mushy pea curry and oven chips! A great fakeaway for those times when only comfort food will do!

Friday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, strawberries
Lunch: Pasta n Sauce Mild Cheese and Broccoli (0.5 syns), banana
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with chicken and mushroom, oven chips (4 syns)

Total syns for day: 10

Saturday: Green
Lunch: Banana and apple (didn't have breakfast til late!)
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with chicken and mushroom, oven chips (4 syns)
Snack: Alpen light (3 syns)

Total syns for day: 7

Syns for week: 55

Last edited:
Back