Down with Spanx!

I understand completely how you feel Spanx. I felt like that a few weeks ago and sometimes do at the moment. I feel so great for what I've achieved but sometimes not that motivated for now . But then I had a think about what did I want to eat that I can't eat - actually nothing. I can have whatever I want, just not all at the same time. I also got a little bit bored of cooking all the same things but because when I do my online shop, I'm usually in a rush at the end, I made a shortlist of 5 new things that I wanted to try. It has worked really well - I have tried 3 of them so far (all a success :)) plus 1 extra one and have 2 more to try. It focused my mind on making sure I have the right things in to make the new stuff. Brilliant. How about a shortlist for you ? Let us know.

You have done fantastically well and I am in no doubt there is more to come.

x

Thanks Gail - that sounds like a good plan! There are lots of foods that I've either never tried, or not had for a long time. I am going to spend a couple of hours with my SW books and mags, planning my meals for this week, and then go shopping...

Will let you know how I get on!

What new things have you tried this week?

Well, WI this morning and 1lb off. I was hoping for a bit more after last week's STS, plus I have been really good this week - but still, 1lb is 1lb and it's all going in the right direction!

I've also noticed that my BMI is dead on 30 now, so 1 more pound off and I will be out of the obese category and into the overweight - so that's my target for next week!

:)Lovin the gallows humour - can relate to it all!! My loss has been slow but to be honest I am not finding it a great hardship cos i am allowing myself cheeky treats and eating really well. The family are enjoying the recipes too. I think I may be one of those people who takes the scenic route but gets there eventually, but also don't want to get complacent, or a bit 'galllus' as we say here in Scotland. This is the point i.e. five weeks where I usually go off the rails and quit, but I don't believe I will this time. Any thoughts anyone?

I am definitely on the scenic route - or, as I like to say, a tortoise not a hare - in fact when I started jogging recently I'm sure a few tortoises overtook me!

I've been on SW for 11 months now and, while it's been up and down, I can honestly say I haven't found it difficult.

The best thing to do is to set yourself realistic small targets - it's so much easier to concentrate on the next half a stone, or getting into the next stone bracket down than it is to look at the bigger picture!

It's also great that your family are enjoying the meals - that makes it so much easier when you're not having to cook separate meals.

Have a look on the recipe section for loads of ideas for family friendly meals. My son loves the KFC chicken, Honey's sweet chilli chicken and the chicken wrapped in bacon and cheese - all fairly easy and all 100% on plan!

I realised this morning that I'm now two-thirds of the way to my original target. I set myself 18 months to do it in and now, in 11 months I'm two-thirds of the way there. I finally believe that I can get there if I keep on going - and you can too!

Minimins is great for inspiration. I was feeling a bit lacklustre last week, but some lovely supportive comments from friends on here and a quick look at the NSVs thread and the photo section, has got me right back on track. Use the support on here to fuel your motivation and just keep picturing how much better you will look and feel with each pound lost.

Most of all, don't worry about being on the scenic route - it didn't go on over a few weeks, so it won't come off that quickly either! Better to lose 1lb a week than to give up and put it all back on!

Good luck on your journey! :) x

I've had a horrid day... I had to have my cat put to sleep. :cry:

He was 13 and over the last two weeks I just watched him failing. His legs would give way when he tried to jump up onto my lap, he stopped eating and he lost about half his bodyweight. I was doing my best to ignore it while he still seemed happy, but over the last two days he stopped purring and just lay on the settee, looking sad.

I thought I had prepared myself for the worst, but I was still a blubbering wreck in the vets. She found a growth in his stomach and basically said there was nothing they could do... she did offer to operate and double check, but I couldn't bear to put him through any more misery.

Funny thing is, I walked back into the house and still expected to see him waiting for me...

SW-wise, this week is going reasonably well:

Sunday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, strawberries
Lunch: Low-fat noodles, apple
Dinner: 2 sausages (4 syns), brown sauce (1 syn),mashed potato, green beans, broccoli
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 10.5

Monday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), mullerlight, blueberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, tomatoes, mushrooms
Snack: Mullerlight, strawberries, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 8

Week so far: 18.5

Oh poor Spanx,

How terribly sad. My thoughts are with you. I'm absolutely certain that you made the right decision - your cat would never have understood why he/she had to go through surgery but if the chances of making things better were good it might have been worth it but they weren't. You made the bravest (but hardest) decision that you could.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Big Hugs Spanx. Such a hard decision and very sad that it is it sounds like you made the right one. There is nothing worse than seeing a loved family member going through unnesassary pain. Big hugs and love to you.xxx

Thank you for your kind words Gail, Honda and Surreygal. Still can't quite believe he's no longer here, keep expecting him to wander in and jump up on my lap. :(

Been hungry all day today, proper tummy-growling hungry, no idea why! Still, have snacked on fruit, so not too bad!

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), mullerlight, strawberries
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), tomatoes, leeks, mushrooms
Snacks: Apple, banana
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with chicken (HEB) and mushrooms, oven chips (4 syns)
Snack: Mullerlight, strawberries, alpen light (3 syns)

Total syns: 9.5

Week so far: 28

Another mega-hungry day - perhaps the sudden drop in temperature has tricked me into thinking I need to bulk up for winter!!!

Wednesday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), apple
Dinner: Gammon, new potatoes, large salad
Snacks: Banana, Kitkat (5.5 syns), strawberries

Syns for day: 5.5
Week so far: 33.5

Oh dear Spanx hun - Just been catching up with your diary. I'm sorry to hear about your cat and you did make the right decision. Big hugs to you :hug99:((hugs))

Glad to hear you're sticking to SW Xx

Thanks Sum. xxx

My other cat has been very sad too this week. Strange, as they didn't like each other very much at the best of times, but he's been wandering around all the rooms miaowing and looking for Jake in all the corners. :(

I've managed to stay on track all week, so hoping for a good loss on Sunday!

Thursday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed berries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Syn free chicken biryani from Barsi's recipe on the recipe forum - it was yum!
Snack: Strawberries, mullerlight, alpen light (3 syns)

Total syns for day: 3

Friday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Left-over biryani, oven chips (3 syns)
Snack: Strawberries, mullerlight, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 8.5

Week so far: 45

Had a fab trip to Asda yesterday - bought 4 new t-shirts and a new shirt for my hols - all in a size 18 and two pairs of jeans in a size 16 - and one of those is very loose! Woohoo! :D

Aww poor little cat! ((Hugs to you too))

Oooh that Syn free chicken biryani sounds really nice - Must go find this recipe to try out. Well done on your NSVs - I'm glad they cheered you up! Good Luck for Sunday - You'll do well :D Xx

Thanks Sum, good luck for your WI tomorrow too!

Had another really hungry day today, but managed to keep it low-syn, so hopefully it won't affect WI too much.

Saturday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (seriously, think I'm addicted to this stuff, so yummy! HEB), mullerlight, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), roasted veggies, cheese (HEA)
Snack: 2xAlpen lights, mullerlight, strawberries

Syns today: 2.5
Total for week: 47.5

So, another good week and hoping for a good loss tomorrow!

Gail, I didn't manage to try anything entirely new this week, but I did cook a new recipe - syn free chicken biryani and I also did some roasted veg, which I haven't had for ages - so I feel I've shaken it up a bit!

Hope you're having a good weekend and WI went well :D I agree with the Crunchy Bran comment - I had some yesterday and I think its my new fave cereal! Do you put Splenda on it? Xx

Hi Sum, No, no splenda - but I don't like milk, so I have my crunchy bran with a mullerlight and fruit, instead of milk - it's delicious!

So, Wi this morning.....

I am officially overweight!

Woohoo - never thought I'd be proud of being overweight, but there you go - BMI finally under 30 and 2lbs lost this week! Happy days!!! :D

:talk017: Well done on your fantastic loss! Woohoo about getting your BMI under 30 thats brilliant :D

Oooh will have to try my Crunchy Bran with yogurt and fruit too - thanks for the idea Xx

Well done Spanx on a fantastic loss:D and getting your BMI under 30:D:D very happy days!!! Have a great week.x

Absolutely fantastic news Spanx. That's a great loss and an inspiring NSV !

Well done.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Awww, thanks Sum, Surreygal and Gail! I felt like wearing a big badge today proclaiming my 'overweightedness' - but thought I might get carted off by the men in white coats!!

Sum, hope you like the crunchy bran with yoghurt - if you like milk (which I don't, which is why I have yoghurt!) it has the added benefit of saving you an HEA!

I had aimed to have another low-syn, high SS and SF week before my hols, but that's been blown out of the water thanks to a business lunch today and a business dinner tomorrow night. Have managed to stay under 15 syns today, and will aim to do the same tomorrow and then have a really good rest of the week. Would love to have another loss this week to set me up for my hols!

Sunday: EE
Brunch: Crunchy bran (HEB), mullerlight and strawberries
Dinner: Pasta, roasted veg and chicken with pesto (2.5 syns) and cheese (HEA)
Snack: Apple

Total syns for day: 2.5

Monday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), mullerlight and strawberries
Lunch: Burger (checked it was grilled, not fried and it was also good-quality, homemade, so pretty low syn I think - also asked for it with no focaccia bun, which I think is a minor miracle!), potato wedges and salad - going to count 10 syns for the wedges and 2.5 for the burger
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, chicken

Total syns for day: 15

Week so far: 17.5

Well done for keeping under 15 syns especailly at a business lunch. Good luck for the business dinner tonight :D

I tried the Cruncy bran with some Onken Vanilla yougurt and blueberries and it was lovely! Thanks for the idea and saving a HEA means i can have an Options/highlights every so often :D Thank you Xx

Back