Down with Spanx!

Hi Slinky - I have a love/hate relationship with my control pants - I hate wearing them, but love the fact they stop my tummy wobbling around!

I too had a caesarean and have very weak stomach muscles as a result - for at least 5 years I couldn't do any stomach exercise at all, until I was advised to try Pilates. It really helped and although I still have weak stomach muscles, they're strong enough to do some exercise!

Good luck with your journey!

Sum - glad you enjoyed your cereal with yoghurt and fruit. I never used to eat breakfast at all, but now I couldn't do without my cereal, yoghurt and fruit in the morning, amazing how quickly you can form new habits!

Well, my business dinner didn't go too badly with regards to the food choices. I even managed to say no to onion bhaji and naan bread, which is pretty much a miracle!

Tuesday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed berries
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), lots of veg
Dinner: Poppadom (4 syns), mixed tandoori with peppers and onions (guess at 4 syns), chicken with spinach and chick peas (guess at 10 syns), boiled rice

Syns for today: 20.5

Wednesday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), mullerlight, mixed berries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), McCains rustics (3 syns), large salad
Snacks: KitKat (5.5 syns), strawberries, mullerlight

Syns for today: 8.5

Week so far: 46.5

Good to know that the business dinner went well:D. :eek: Well done for turning down onion bhajis and naan bread! You must have iron willpower to say no to them. Hope you had a good day today too Xx

When do you go on holiday?Well done you on turning down the onion bhajis and naan bread!!x

Spanxie love, just had to tell you that I have now ventured into a new breakfast regime!
Crunchy Bran! NUM, NUM! Had it evey morning this week with mandarin muller and blueberries!!
:D

Well done too on being 'overweight' :)

Hello my lovelies! Thanks Sum, Surreygal and Honda for your support - as always!

Honda, I'm thinking of patenting the crunchy bran and mullerlight combo...I think I could make a fortune! It really is lush isn't it - the crunchy bran is so much nicer than Allbran too! I've never tried a mandarin mullerlight, although I do quite like the choc and orange ones...hmmm, maybe I should be a bit more adventurous than my normal 'red' sixpack!

Sum and Surreygal, you don't know how hard it was to say no to bhaji and naan - I feel I deserve a Blue Peter badge at the very least!

To make matters worse, I went out for a curry again tonight - eek! Twice in one week! Think the best I can hope for at WI on Sunday is a STS - and that might be pushing it!

I've been thinking about what a realistic target is for my holiday and have decided to aim for putting on no more than 2lb - 1lb a week sounds manageable! I always eat healthily when I'm over in Cyprus, lots of salad, fruit and fish, but I do enjoy the odd beer or two while I'm on holiday...:eek:

Thursday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), mullerlight, strawberries
Dinner: Chicken, large salad, oven chips (I know, I know - exactly the same as last night, but had lots of chicken and salad that needs eating before hols! - 3 syns)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns for the day: 8.5

Friday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Snack: Banana
Dinner: 2 poppadoms (8 syns), mango chutney (2 syns), chicken dhansak (12 syns), boiled rice, small glass red wine (5 syns)

Syns for the day: 27

So far this week: 82 :eek:

Oh well, tonight was a bit of a celebration, as today I won my first large consulting contract! Set up my own business 6 months ago and have been working on things through design and advertising agencies owned by friends - today's was the first piece of business I actually went out and pitched for myself that I have won - that's got to be worth a glass of wine and a curry?! :confused::p

Woohoo! Congrats to you Spanx on getting the contract. That occassion defiantly warrants the curry and wine celebration! Don't worry if you STS at WI this week as based on what i've read on the sunday thread there are other sunday weighers who will STS or gain (Well me and Smartie are anyway lol). Plus its not like you get chances for celebration all the time :D Good luck for WI and hope you have a good weekend Xx

Congratulations on getting the contract:D you totally deserve the celebrations!! The food in Cyprus sounds lovely:) you are on your hols so enjoy the beer ;) Have a lovely holiday:)x

Well done Spanx on closing the deal! Bet it felt great!

Please try the mandarin ones, I avoided them for long enough and now they are the only ones I ever buy!

I'm sure you were very good on your last holiday with not gaining so can't see there will be a prob with Cyprus, have a grand time! :)

Well done on your contract. That's fab. Your holiday will be fine - just do your best while you're there and get back on plan when you get back.

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you lovely ladies!

I am still over the moon today! It's made a real difference going off on hols knowing I've got lots of work to come back to... I think I'd have been worrying about whether I'd made the right decision to set up on my own all holiday if I hadn't won the pitch!

Now I'm just really looking forward to some sun and some time to relax! Although I am taking my running gear with me, which is a first! Also plan to do a lot of swimming and walking, so I'm hoping that will limit the damage!

Well, I've managed to keep today low-syn, hopefully pulled back some of the curry damage of earlier in the week!

Saturday: Green
Dinner: Chick pea dhal, oven chips (2.5 syns)
Snacks: Strawberries, mullerlight, alpen light (half HEB)

Total syns for day: 2.5

Weekly total: 84.5

So, WI in the morning and then off to the airport - see you all in a fortnight! xxx

Half a pound off for me this morning and after the week I've had I've got to be happy with that!

So, 12st 9.5lb - which means I want to come back from my fortnight holiday no more than 12st 11.5lb - wish me luck!

Hope everyone else has a great couple of weeks and I'll see you when I get back! xxx

Well done Spanx and have a good time on your holiday! Have fun Xx

Just realised whats been wrong.....been missing my Spanx fix!! :(

Hello! I'm back!

Honda, you must have sent me some 'get your backside onto Minimins and confess to your awfulness' vibes this afternoon, so here I am to confess...

Forgive me Minimins, for I have sinned. It has been over 2 weeks since my last confession, during which time, I have eaten, drunk and been merry...!

I confess to enjoying beer, crisps, wine, ice cream, cheesecake, bread and chips and to having put on 4lbs in two weeks...:eek:

I thought I was being really good too, well, at least for the first week! I swam for 30-45 mins in the pool every day (proper swimming, not messing about swimming!), ate lots of fruit and salad and I went for a run twice. The second week, however, the holiday demons started shouting in my ear every day - 'Go on, one beer won't hurt!' etc...

Still, I had a lovely holiday - lots of swimming, snorkelling, walking, eating, drinking, reading and loafing around, with the odd run thrown in.

Now I need to get swiftly back on track and get the majority of that 4lbs off again by Sunday. I'm not going to update my stats until then, in the hope that I can leave them as they are come Sunday! Might be difficult though, as I am out at a friend's for dinner and then out for a curry tomorrow night. Still, I have been to the supermarket and stocked up on lots of lovely fresh fruit and veg, so I will be doing my best for the rest of the week.

I have to admit that I felt absolutely wonderful on holiday. I was much more confident in the pool and on the beach, I had more energy in the heat, I got up and sang Karaoke without thinking that everyone would be wondering what the beached whale was doing trying to sing, I even wore shorts in public!!!!

If I could bottle that feeling and have a sniff of it every time I lost my mojo I would be at target in no time...

Hope you are all well and have been doing a stirling job in my absence! Off out tonight, so will have to catch up on everyone else's threads tomorrow.

xxxxxxx

:bliss:Hooray you're back!

Sounds like you had an ace time, and by the way 4lbs in 2 weeks is great!

Spoke to a woman last week who did 9lb in a week :eek:. I would have cried! :cry:

Keep up the super work chicky! xx

Woohoo you are back Spanx! Gald you had so much fun on your holiday :D As hondapeeps said that 4lbs in 2 weeks is brillaint as most people gain more than that! I'm sure you can get some of that off by sunday - Good Luck Xx

Yay welcome back Spanx:D sounds like you had a great holiday.4lbs in 2 weeks is good,you will soon have that off again.x

Yay. Welcome home Spanx. I would concur. I think 4lb in 2 weeks is fantastic. You will get that off in no time. I am still on hols at the moment and currently expect to gain quite a bit more than that :eek:. If I 'only' gain 4lb in 2 weeks, I'll be delighted LOL !!!!

Glad you had a great time though. Hope you feel rested and raring to go again :D

Gail x

Thanks lovely ladies!

I think I've got my head back in the right place now, but it's taken a few days. Monday night I ended up having fish and chips, as I hadn't done any shopping, Tuesday night I was out for dinner at a friends (and very un-SW friendly it was too!) and last night I was out for a curry with my book club. I kept the rest of those days syn-free though, and ate lots of fruit, so I'm hoping the damage wasn't too bad.

It felt like today was my first day back on track though, so not sure how much of the damage I'm going to recover by Sunday!

Thursday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB) (oh, how I missed that in Cyprus!), activia ff yoghurt, strawberries
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (4 syns), mushrooms, tomatoes, onion
Snacks: Apple, ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 4

Week so far: About 125! :eek:

Back