Down with Spanx!

Ahh Spanx don't worry too much if the weigh is not off by sunday WI, as you've been on holiday so were allowed to enjoy and you know what to do to get the weight back off for the WI after :D Mmmm Crunchy Bran is the best - i do have to agree to that! Good luck for WI on sundays Xx

On track since Thursday, but feeling very bloated and a bit bleugh! I have been cold all week - must be the sudden change in temperature and all the rain!

Friday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Oven chips (6 syns), beans (I know, potato and beans twice in one day, but I got in late from work and was starving and in need of comfort food!)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns), Nectarine

Total syns for day: 11.5
Week so far: 136.5 (approx!)

First nectarine of the summer today - I forget how lovely they are!

Am sitting watching the tennis - how good was Murray this afternoon?!

Two weeks until my race for life. I went out running a couple of times on holiday, but it was too hot to do any more! Hoping to run about half of it, in a walk/run/walk pattern, as I really hate running! :eek:

I had planned to go out on a run today, but it's been raining most of the day here - hopefully I will get out there later or tomorrow.

Bit of a blip last night, as a friend came over for dinner (which I'd made, low-syn curry, so that was ok!) and brought red wine and curly wurlys with her! :eek:

Saturday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken, mushroom and spinach curry (1 syn), boiled rice
Snacks: Curly Wurly (6 syns), 2 glasses red wine (10 syns)

Syns for day: 19
Weekly total: 155.5!!!

So, quite pleased to see I'd managed to get rid of 2 of the 4lbs I'd put on on my hols at WI this morning! Have now updated my stats and hope to get the other 2lb off next week!

Well done once again on the 2lbs off Spanx :D Xx

Well done. I have no doubt that the last 2lb will come off next week. That will be a great feeling :).

Gail x

Evening all!

Had a good couple of days and feel firmly back on track now.

I am getting towards my lowest weight in the last 10 years (12st 2lb). When I got there last time, it was as if there was some kind of barrier in my head that made me feel like I would never get any lower than 12st. Silly as it sounds, it's still there. So thank goodness for Minimins and all the inspirational diaries and photos! And thank you all in advance for the support I know I'm going to get from you! :D

Sunday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, 4 laughing cow extra lights (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), spinach, mushroom curry (1 syn), boiled rice
Snack: Apple, ff yoghurt, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Syns for day: 6.5

Monday: Green
Lunch: Banana, few cherry tomatoes (got stuck in a meeting, had to eat what I'd got in fridge at office as the cafe was shut!)
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), spinach and mushroom curry (1 syn - the last portion of the huge pot I made on Saturday!), baked potato
Snack: Apple, ff yoghurt, Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Syns for day: 6.5
Week so far: 13

Yay Spanx, you and me both (lowest weight ever) although I a may have a bit further to go than you when I get back from my hols :eek:

Look forward to hearing about your progress and supporting you as you get there.

Gail x

Congratulations

Hi Spanx.
I am a new member of the SW club and I have enjoyed your up & down over the last year and congratulations on your results.
Having had 2 strokes and being forced into retirement my weight has bloomed to over 250 and I want to go to 196, my old weight when working.
Being at home does give me an advantage as I can experiment with food and each meal tried & tested, these I photograph and send them to other members of our SW group.
Keep it up, you are my inspiration!
Pete

Thanks Pete! Not quite sure how I managed to spot this (I assume you meant to post it on my diary thread!), I must have a sixth sense!

Sorry to hear about your health, but very well done on taking control.

You should post your food photos on here (either in a food diary, or on the photo thread in the recipe section) and we can all be inspired!

Good luck on your journey! :D

Spanx, you know you can do it! Its just a mind set ;)

Oh and dont bother forgetting that you and your diary set me on my SW road....thank you !! :D
xx

Aww, thanks Gail and Honda! I know that others have got there and I also know that there's no reason why I shouldn't, but every time I think about it, I get the 'everyone in your family is big, you've always been overweight, you'll never get there' demons starting their chanting in my head! :eek:

Gail, you must be due back from your holiday pretty soon, I've caught up on your diary and it sounds like you've had a great time! Hope you have a safe trip back and get back on track quickly!

Honda, you're doing fab and I'm happy to take some of the credit for getting you going!

Managed to do really well today. Had the girlies from my old office coming round for dinner and I provided them with tiger bread, of which I had none and then luxury ice cream with their strawberries, while I had ff yoghurt! They were most impressed, as they all know that usually I have absolutely no willpower!

Tuesday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Chicken, pasta with pesto (2 syns), large salad, strawberries, ff yoghurt

Total syns for day: 2
Week so far: 15

Hi all, I'm new here, although by no means new to dieting! In fact, I lost 3st a few years ago on SW, but, due to illness, laziness (when it comes to exercise anyway!!!) and some personal stuff, I've put it all back on and more.

I'm unable to join a SW club this time round, so I'm hoping that writing this will keep me on the straight and narrow and that maybe some of you will read this and recognise a kindred spirit - your thoughts and comments will be very welcome. Also, I need a place to vent!

Some of you reading this might not like the 'poking fun at yourself' approach - but it works for me. Yes, I've listened to Paul McKenna, Susan Hepburn et al, and I know that you have to love yourself first, and I do, I just don't show it very often (a bit like my ex-husband!!!)

OK, here goes...

So, what's led to this new wave of willpower and optimism? I could tell you that there's an awful lot of change going on in my life at the moment (divorce, redundancy, hitting 40...) and I feel the need to regain control in at least one area of my life. That's all true, but, to be frank, the crunch moment came just over a week ago, when I saw a photo of myself in a wetsuit whilst scuba diving on holiday. I'm amazed no one called Greenpeace to report a beached whale...! Anyway, after a few months of faffing around pretending to diet, I decided enough is enough and I'm now back on the wagon, bigtime!

To boost willpower on those dark days ahead, here's a list of the things I hate about being fat:

• Clothes shopping - for any number of reasons. Why is it that changing room mirrors make you look sooooo huge? Also, the fact that you can never go clothes shopping with your skinny friends - why on earth would they want to hang around in Evans all afternoon?!
  • The exercise Catch-22. Yes, I need to exercise to lose weight, but until I lose weight, there's no way I'm getting into a swimsuit, or joining a gym. Thank God for the Wii!
  • That roll of fat you get over the top of your bra-strap just under your armpits - enough said.
  • Chafing thighs in summer - also, enough said.
  • Walking into a room and immediately looking to see if you're the largest person in there - and the feeling you get when you realise that yes, you are...
  • The fact that my weight is now stopping me from doing things I'd otherwise do - and lots of things I wouldn't (like skydiving, but hey, it's the principle of the thing!)
  • Sports day at school - last year the mum's race was 'jumping down the track with a bean bag between your knees' - seriously?!! I think I caused a minor earthquake...!
  • Plane journeys, train journeys, or going to the theatre, cinema or footy and having to press thighs with a stranger because the seats are closely-packed and it's too uncomfortable to cross your legs in a confined space.
  • Big boobs. I've always had them. They were about a 36FF when I was at my slimmest adult weight (about 11.5 stone), but now they're a whopping 40HH. I wonder how much each one weighs?! And yes, this point is directly related to the sports day point above...!
  • The fact that intelligent, sane, rational people (myself included!) will spend an absolute fortune on the latest wonder cure for obesity. Oh yes, I've been there - diet pills, herbal supplements, special teas, patches - you name it, I've spent money on it! Not this time!
  • Shying away from the camera. I've got loads of pictures of all the great holidays I've been on in the last 15 years, but I'm not in any of them (recent wetsuit debacle aside!). The last time I willingly posed for the camera was at my graduation in 1989!
I'm sure I'll add to this list as I go on, but that's probably enough to be getting on with for now!

So, this week was my first back on the wagon and it went pretty well. I had that 'new diet zeal' and avoided chocolate, cake, crisps and icecream, apart from one night at the cinema. Went to see Sex and the City 2 straight from work with the girlies. It's really long (and, IMO not very good!) and by 8pm we were starving. The cinema delivers cakes and icecream to your seat...how could anyone resist?!

Weigh-in this morning and I've lost 8lb! Think this is partly due to the fact that last week I weighed in the morning after flying back from holiday - so I was still probably bloated from the flight, but hey - well done me!

Goal for this week - do some exercise! Have bought 'Just Dance' for the Wii in the hopes that it will feel more like fun than exercise and that I can get my son to play along...

So, if you've read this far, thanks and I hope it wasn't too painful! See you next time,

Spanx
Hi There... Loved reading this, made me chuckle... I am going through some major changes myself, mainly down to being 48 this year and tired of being overweight and depressed... Living in a pub doesn't help, but the fact that my Husband Kev has woken up to the fact that he needed to join in and lose some himself has... I had a breakdown two years ago and comfort eat which piled it on, but that's behind me now, and it's onward and downward now... Welcome back to SW and with this site you will find loads of help and nice people, I go get weighed, but not stay to class as I haven't time as I work part time in a supermarket as well as here, but I think the folks on here are more helpful to be honest... xx

:eek: You have fantastic Iron willpower to resist that Spanx! Well Done on doing so well - You can do it :D Xx

Yay already got 2lb off:D Fantastic willpower at dinner last night:D.x

Thanks Surreygal! I see you are only a couple of pounds off your 10st shiny - you are superwoman! :eek:

Hi There... Loved reading this, made me chuckle... I am going through some major changes myself, mainly down to being 48 this year and tired of being overweight and depressed... Living in a pub doesn't help, but the fact that my Husband Kev has woken up to the fact that he needed to join in and lose some himself has... I had a breakdown two years ago and comfort eat which piled it on, but that's behind me now, and it's onward and downward now... Welcome back to SW and with this site you will find loads of help and nice people, I go get weighed, but not stay to class as I haven't time as I work part time in a supermarket as well as here, but I think the folks on here are more helpful to be honest... xx

Hi Sadie, thanks for your post. It must be really hard losing weight when you live in a pub. I've more or less given up alcohol over the last year, as I'd rather spend my syns on something chocolatey! And as for crisps and peanuts - I used to be a complete addict, so no more of them either!

I agree that the people on here are some of the most helpful and friendly I've ever come across on the internet - I know I wouldn't have been as successful without this site!

Sorry to hear about your breakdown, but well done on taking control and losing so much weight! x

:eek: You have fantastic Iron willpower to resist that Spanx! Well Done on doing so well - You can do it :D Xx

Thanks Sum! I did feel really proud of myself (and a bit smug!)

So, another good day today, I'm really motoring this week!

Wednesday: Green
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2 syns)
Dinner: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), large salad
Snack: Kellogg's Fibre Plus (HEB)

Syns today: 2
Week so far: 17

Had a great NSV today, saw a Mum at school I haven't seen for ages and she literally did a double-take and said - 'Oh my God, you've lost LOADS of weight!' really loudly, then went bright red and stammered 'Sorry, sorry, but you do look great!' !!! :D

Had an EE day today, as I knew we'd got sausages for tea. Bought some of the Morrison's Eat Smart ones, as my son really wanted sausages. I was quite impressed! I don't cook sausages often as the fat that pours out of the ones my son likes best (Richmonds) is disgusting and the smell really lingers in the kitchen.

Still, better get used to it, as I've got a load of Joe's sausages, burgers and meats coming tomorrow!

Thursday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Snack: Banana
Dinner: 3 eat smart sausages :)o) (1.5 syns), enormous salad, small portion pasta with pesto (1.5 syns)

Total syns for day: 3
Week so far: 20

Also turned down Guylian shells today - can you see my halo shining from there?! :D

LOVE the NSV. Fantastic. Am delighted for you :D

Gail x

P.S. Do you still dive ?

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail! It was great!

Haven't been diving yet this year, my son's ears have been playing up, but we did lots of snorkelling on holiday. Hopefully we will get back to it next time we manage to get away.

Had one of those really hungry days today, but just about managed to keep within syns.

Also went out for a bike ride this afternoon, in between the showers! That's another one of the pleasures of working for yourself!

Friday: EE
Lunch: Chicken, bit of pasta with pesto (1.5 syns), large salad
Dinner: Hot and spicy chicken, Oven chips (5 syns), huge salad
Snack: Skinny cow caramel shortcake lolly (4.5 syns)

Syns today: 11
Week so far: 31

Another good day on Saturday.

I'd had a big delivery of Joe's sausages on Friday that I'd ordered intending to have a BBQ this weekend - the rain has put paid to that, so I've had to clear some space in the freezer and have had sausages for the second time this week!

Saturday: EE
Lunch: Hot and spicy chicken, large salad
Dinner: Sausage, baked potato, large salad, ff yoghurt, strawberries
Snack: Apple, KitKat

Syns today: 5.5
Syns for week: 36.5

WI this morning and I've lost 2.5lbs! :D

So that's all the holiday gain gone and another little half a pound too!

I notice from my stats that I've now lost over 25% of my total starting weight and a nice round 60lbs in total! :D:D:D

3lbs to go to get my 4.5st award, so I shall be hoping to do that in the next 3 weeks. Really must lose at least 1lb a week to make my end of year target now - thank goodness it's summer and I can eat salad and strawberries every day!

Have a good Sunday everyone! xxx

Back