Down with Spanx!

Hi!!

Just thought I would post a wee reply!! I've read this entire thread in 2 days!!! Amazing! Well done, you must be so proud of yourself!! It's amazing how many of the different things I'm able to relate to...and hope to get to some day!!

Good luck today!xx

Thanks Surreygal! Rozybaby - I can't believe you waded all through my ramblings - think you deserve a medal! Good luck on your journey and I hope that you've seen that there's always a way where there's even half a will!

Well, I have a first to report today - I forgot to WI! :eek: I had to get up early to do my Race for Life, and was a bit apprehensive and rushing around - and just completely forgot!!! Will WI tomorrow instead...

I finished my Race for Life in 37 minutes - which I was really pleased with! Think I could have done it faster, but it was 26 degrees as we set off and with 3,500 women racing there were a few bottlenecks on the course where you had to slow to a walk...

Felt brilliant when I finished, although I've stiffened up a bit now!

Unfortunately the plan has gone out of the window today. The race finished in the town centre and I was easily persuaded by friends to stop off in costas, where I had a lemon muffin (I don't even want to think about the syns, probably 25 or even more?! It was lovely though!). Then later, we all went for a celebratory lunch and I had chips...:eek: So, I'm just going to write today off and start afresh tomorrow!

Last edited:
Thanks spanx!! Well done on the race! I am heading on holiday next sunday and being "good" until then, then re joining a class when I get back. Feel so much more motivated after reading your updates!! Thanks again!xx

'forgot' to WI !!!!!! Never - ha ha :)

WELL DONE on the race for life - that's fantastic. And a huge well done on your NSV's from this week. I'm so thrilled for you.

Good luck for tomorrow. Glad to hear your Grandad is doing ok.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Have a fab holiday Rozy - are you going somewhere lovely?

Ha! I know Gail - how on earth could I forget to WI - I only spend most of the week thinking about it!!! :eek: I remembered half way through my run this morning and felt pretty cross with myself - but there was no way I was going to WI when I got home, especially after the 'muffin incident'!

Yeah, all inclusive 2 weeks in Tunisia!! Can't wait! Aiming to stick with lots of healthy options, fruit, baked potatoes etc, but not going to stress overly much there isn't that option.

Good luck with the WI...muffin or no muffin, I'm sure you'll do fab!!

Xx

Sounds lovely Rozy! Hopefully there will be lots of lovely salads and couscous/rice dishes in Tunisia. To avoid putting loads on, you might want to set yourself a target for your holiday - when I went away recently, I aimed to put on no more than 2lbs. I didn't manage it, but the fact that I knew I was allowing myself to gain a little and therefore have a few treats meant that I didn't have a 'blow-out' all holiday.

Well, disappointingly I STS this morning. I shouldn't be surprised really, after yesterday's muffin and chips incident, plus I'd had a pretty stressful week, with Grandad being in hospital - which meant I ate on the run quite a lot.

Still, onwards and downwards! I should have a good week this week, apart from tomorrow, when I am going to see Take That, which will involve eating at the venue (you're not allowed to take food or drink in...). Hopefully they will have a jacket potato stand...!

Oh, and my legs don't half ache today! :D

Well done for staying the same, stressful time would usually be a weak point point for me, so well done! Hope your grandad is getting better.

I like the idea of setting a target...although that involves weighing myself, which would be nerve racking!! Lol! Might just need to bite the bullet! Love the idea of a blog...think I might start one myself when I rejoin group.

Hope you enjoy TT, I was there last week. It was amazing!!

Xx

Well done on the race for life:D how fantastic:D you must of felt so proud when you had finished woohoo!!!

sts is good well done,you have had a stressful time.Fantastic nsv:).Hope your grandad is doing ok.

Enjoy take that:)x

Thanks Rozy - I'm looking forward to it! I saw the Circus tour this time 2 years ago and that was fab, reviews for this tour are even better, so hopefully it will be fab. I hope getting on those scales isn't too painful! x

And thanks Surreygal - I was elated when I crossed the finish line, although I felt like I'd run a marathon, not 5km!!!

Grandad seems to be improving - he's being moved to a rehabilitation unit tomorrow where they're going to assess his future care needs and hopefully get him back on his feet. This time last week I thought he'd never go home to live on his own again, but it's starting to look like with a few alterations, like a stairlift and a downstairs loo, it might be possible. He really doesn't want to leave his home - he's lived there for nearly 70 years and for all of his married life with my Nan - so there are a lot of memories. Fingers crossed he will get even better and we might be able to get him back home soon...

Not too bad a day today, although I had an EE day, because I had some stuff that needed eating up, but I didn't really have enough superfree...

Monday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato, syn-free bolognaise with extra peas, mushrooms and peppers
Dinner: Joe's sausage with Oven chips (4 syns) and salad
Snack: Apple

Syns today: 4

Right, time for an update!

Tuesday:
Take That were great, but I ate a lot of rubbish! Small fish and chips with curry sauce and an ice cream cone with a flake... I have no idea on the syns, so going to count 40...sound about right?!

Green
Brekkie: Crunchy Bran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, beans
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Small fish and chips (ie in a small tray) with curry sauce, ice cream cone with flake - 40 syns?

Syns for day: 40

Wednesday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, mixed berries
Lunch: 2 Joe's sausages, apple (rushing around, no time for a proper meal!)
Dinner: Gammon, baked potato, large salad
Snack: 2 Alpen lights (6 syns), ff yoghurt, strawberries, raspberries

Total syns: 6

Thursday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), strawberries, raspberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, cheese (HEA), apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), chicken (HEB), courgettes, mushrooms, spring onion
Snack: Strawberries, raspberries, ff yoghurt, 1 Alpen light (3 syns)

Total syns: 5.5

Week so far: 55.5

I've been feeling really bloated and bleugh all week, so I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and I appear to have put 2lbs on in 3 days! Not impressed and wishing I hadn't peeked...

Last edited:
Well, I've managed to stay on track today, despite not feeling hugely motivated - thanks to the sneaky peek...:(

I also had to eat pasta for lunch and dinner today, as I'd made a huge potful yesterday and it needed eating up. Made a huge pot of syn-free ratatouille to go with it so that I made sure I got my superfree in!

Friday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy Bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries, raspberries
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), chicken, courgettes, mushrooms, spring onion
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), chicken, ratatouille,
Snack: FF yoghurt, strawberries, alpen light (3 syns)

Syns today: 7

Week so far: 62.5 (actually, it's more than that, but I wrote off Sunday's muffin and chips debacle! :eek:)

Well done Spanx.

You and I are very similar. I don't feel as enthusiastic about SW at the moment but I am 100% committed to it so I'm sticking to it (mostly !). I think the enthusiasm is coming back though so stick with it and hopefully you will too.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gail x

Hi Gail,

Yes, I am sticking to it, but I'm not enthusiastic. Funnily enough though, I don't feel like going off plan, it doesn't cross my mind to eat something off-plan, I just feel it's all a bit of a chore at the moment.

After seeing the 2lb gain earlier this week, I shall be lucky to have a STS tomorrow, but I will plod on and hope for better next week!

Saturday: Green
Brunch: Crunchy Bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with chicken (HEB) and mushroom, rice
Snack: Banana, toffee mullerlight, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 5.5

Syns Mon-Sat: 68

Really pleased this morning to report in with a 1lb loss.

That's taught me not to have a sneaky peek at the scales midweek!

So, I'm now all set for another good week - really want to see 12st 7lbs on the scales next Sunday...:D

A good day today - getting my week off to a flying start!

Sunday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, ratatouille, cheese (HEA), banana
Dinner: Rice, mushy pea curry with chicken (HEB) and mushroom
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 5.5

Had a lovely NSV this afternoon. A friend was round and we were sitting in the garden chatting. I jumped up to put the washing on the line, while the sun was out and as I was hanging it out, my friend said - 'Those clothes must be huge on you, you're half that size - when are you going to get some new clothes and show off what you've achieved?!' :D

Well done Spanx on your loss. And what a lovely NSV :)

Have a great week.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail and Surreygal!

I have decided to plan a little challenge for myself for the end of July/start of August, which will hopefully kick start my system.

My ex is having my son for 2 weeks - which will be the longest I have ever gone without seeing him. I'm already not looking forward to it, so I've decided I need something to take my mind off the fact that he's not here - and also something to fill those two weeks.

Usually, I would fill those two weeks with meals out with friends, but that's not going to be good for the waistline, so I've decided to think of something different.

So, I'm thinking of a two-parter - food and exercise challenge... Maybe I'll try 10 new dishes in 2 weeks, cooking things that I can also freeze a portion of, so that I've got a freezer full of 'ready meals'?

I'm also going to decorate at least one room and complete some form of exercise challenge - I'm thinking swimming, as I rarely go when my son is here and I love it.

If anyone has got any bright ideas, or suggestions for recipes (I will have a trawl through the recipe section and Capricorn's thread, which is always full of lovely recipes!), then I'd love to hear them!

Hope you're all enjoying this lovely weather... x

Good Morning Spanx :D

Firstly I want to say well done on the 1lb loss...
That is a great plan of action! I have to say I love decortaing and my oh hates it when I say I am going to decorate again because I get bored easily and always change rooms around etc :) Which room are you thinking of doing? and what colour?
As far as new meals go try my homemade lentil and bacon soup! It is completely free on an ee day and if you remove the bacon also free on a green day :) The recipe and instructions are in my diary...

Michelle x

Back