Down with Spanx!

Thank you my lovelies! Still on a bit of a high - I had to try them all on again last night just to check they did really fit!!!!! :D

Just 0.5lb off for me this week, but I'm quite pleased with that after 3 nights out.

The next week and a half will be a bit challenging, as I've got 3 meals out again this week and then I go away for a few days on Saturday - one day of which is a family celebration with a slap-up meal and wine! So, realistically, I think I'm hoping for a STS when I next WI in two weeks time (although I'll probably have a sneaky peek on the scales to see the damage when I get back from my trip!)

A good day today, trying to have a low-syn day where I can to make up for all the meals out I'm having this week!

Sunday: Green
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato (180g), beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pasta (85g), ratatouille (onions, mushrooms, courgettes, passata, herbs), cheese (HEA)
Snacks: ff yoghurt, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 5.5

Hope your still smiling after your shopping trip:) and a loss well done. I sts which I was pleased with wrong time of the month and just felt so bloated and blah!! Having a good week so far,I'm also away this saturday so I'm being an angel :angel09: before I go ha ha !! Enjoy your meals out:) x

I think the most important thing I have learnt this time round (second time on SW - first time got to about this weight and stalled, finally put it all back on and more!) is that you really can do this for life.

If you need some more inspiration, look at Capricorn or Gail's (gl and then some numbers, can never remember what they are!) diaries - both really inspirational and, like me, both in it for the long haul!

Oooh, thanks. I'm famous now :D. I appreciate your support though. Makes me feel good :)

Hi Diana, it was great! The only not great thing is that I've now got nothing to wear to a business meeting on Monday, so I think I might have to go shopping this afternoon!

I have no idea at the moment though, what will suit me. I've seen other people on here say the same thing - that now they've lost weight they have no idea what to buy. All my old clothes were of the 'what will cover me up the most?' variety!

I still have big boobs (36H) and a big tum, but my shoulders, arms, bum and legs look much slimmer... well, I shall just go and face one of my least favourite things - changing rooms with big mirrors!

Got back on track yesterday and managed a great NSV for me. We all went to the pub after work and I had 2 diet cokes, when I really wanted a beer! Then someone bought 6 packets of crisps for everyone to share and I didn't have one!!! :D

Before SW, I'd probably have demolished at least 2 of the packets!

Well done. Not easy.

I had the strangest experience this afternoon - I went clothes shopping and actually enjoyed it!!! AND - I had to call the changing room lady in both M&S and Next and ask her to check whether they'd got things in SMALLER sizes!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Ended up buying 3 pairs of trousers in a 14 from M&S and about 6 tops from next in a 16 and 18 - I was over the moon and grinned all the way home!

I also bought some things that I would never have bought a few months ago - fitted tops and short tops - ie tops that finish at the waist rather than covering my lower stomach and hips. Fantabulous!

I also had a bra fitting in Bravissimo and have shrunk another size to a 36GG - all in all, a great afternoon!

That is absolutely fantastic. What a great feeling. Thanks for sharing it - I love reading stories like this :bliss::party0011:

Thank you my lovelies! Still on a bit of a high - I had to try them all on again last night just to check they did really fit!!!!! :D

Just 0.5lb off for me this week, but I'm quite pleased with that after 3 nights out.

I like that - glad they still fit too :). Agree with previous poster, 0.5lb is a good result and still a loss. Fingers crossed for you while you're away. Sorry I've not been about much but I am keeping my eye on you ;)

Gail x

Thank you my lovelies!

I have to confess to having had a disastrous week. I've gone over my syns every day, and eaten out every night except one!

Going to WI in the morning, before going away for the weekend and record the damage... Then away until Tuesday night - and as soon as I get back I will be back on the wagon big time!

Hope you are all having a much better week!

Hi Gail, we must have been typing at the same time!

Hope you are having a good week... and glad you are still keeping an eye on me! Haven't seen you around much lately - must go and check your diary and see what you've been up to!

I converted my hairdresser to SW today - she is going to go and buy the mag and start on monday, after seeing my journey over the last year. She has only got a stone to lose, but she's tried every daft diet under the sun and she's fed up. She said she always thought SW was 'complicated', so I disabused her of that notion and am hoping it works out well for her!

I felt a bit of a hypocrite though, telling her how easy it was to stay on track and fit SW into your life - after busting my syns every day this week!!! :eek:

I felt a bit of a hypocrite though, telling her how easy it was to stay on track and fit SW into your life - after busting my syns every day this week!!! :eek:

Nah. You have still lost what you've lost, you've just stretched the plan a little this week. If you did that every week, you wouldn't be where you are, but if you didn't every now and again, you'd probably be totally off plan. So it's working :)

Good luck for the weekend.

Gail x

Thanks Gail!

Well, I weighed in this morning, as I'm away now until Wednesday - 0.5lb-1lb on (scales kept hovering between the two!), so I know I will have to try and lose at least 1lb between next Weds and Sunday in order to have STS over these tricky couple of weeks!

On the plus side, my ex brother and sister-in-law came round this morning and commented on how fantastic I was looking, so my ego hasn't taken a battering after one little gain!

Right then, off to the Cotswolds for a short break, see you all when I get back!

Good luck to anyone weighing in in my absence! xxx

I'mmmmmm back!

Had a lovely few days away - but completely off-plan! Red wine, cake, chips... and I enjoyed it all! :eek:

I do indulge to a lesser extent these days though, so that's good!

I'm fully expecting a gain on Sunday though, after putting on 0.5-1lb last Saturday, I think it's far too much to hope that a few good days are going to outweigh lots of naughty ones!

Managed to stick to 6 syns yesterday and have had 5 so far today, so slowly reining it back in...

Hope everyone is well (and safe, after the events of this week :rolleyes:).

I have added another photo to my 'progress' album - from this week... let me know if you can spot the difference!!! :D

Just clicked in error on your diary as minimins is playing up for me today. Gosh I just looked at your photos and truely amazing and inspiring. I sometimes feel i have so much to lose but looking at these piccies is proof enough that determination pays off. Well done you! :D

just had a nosey at your photos .. wow, what a transformation - really inspiring and all in just over a year!

ive been brave and uploaded my 'before' pics to my diary .. first time i let anyone take any of me since just after my wedding 6 yrs ago!

would be a dream come true if i was in a position to upload progress pics of me in a years time reaching my goal :)

Just clicked in error on your diary as minimins is playing up for me today. Gosh I just looked at your photos and truely amazing and inspiring. I sometimes feel i have so much to lose but looking at these piccies is proof enough that determination pays off. Well done you! :D

Thank you Jackie! I've been inspired by so many lovely people on here, that the thought of being an inspiration to others almost brings a tear to my eye.

Good luck on your journey and I'm sure I will be seeing you achieve your goals sooner rather than later! x

Hi lovely. Where do I find your photos? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Nikki! Long time no see - hope all is well with you! I notice that you're posting from your iphone - not sure you can see photos on there. If you're on a PC though, click on 'profile albums' underneath my avatar... x

just had a nosey at your photos .. wow, what a transformation - really inspiring and all in just over a year!

ive been brave and uploaded my 'before' pics to my diary .. first time i let anyone take any of me since just after my wedding 6 yrs ago!

would be a dream come true if i was in a position to upload progress pics of me in a years time reaching my goal :)

Hi D'lashes and thank you for your lovely comments.

It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to post my before pics, and I think that's a part of accepting where you've come from and just how far you have to go - so well done!

I'm sure I will be looking at pics of the new you very soon! Good luck! x

Another on track day today - got up late, so had a late brekkie and then a snack at the football, so only one main meal... which I've eaten earlier than normal, so I might get the munchies later!

Hoping that the last couple of weeks will only result in a maximum of 1lb on... That would be a great result and would also demonstrate that it's entirely possible to have a full social life and enjoy food without piling on the pounds! Wish me luck for WI in the morning!

Woohoo - really pleased this morning to have lost half a pound! Well, actually, I lost 1.5lbs, but I didn't record last week's gain, as I'd set myself a 2 week target of STS, which I have now beaten by half a pound!

Just shows that you can lose even when you have lots of meals out/celebrations with cakes and too much wine, as long as you keep on track on the days in between.

In times gone by I would have written off the whole week and then failed to get back on track, so I'm really pleased with myself this morning!

Just 2.5lbs to go to get to the lowest weight I've been in the last 8 years. I reached 12st 2 with SW in 2003 - but then quickly gave up and piled it all back on and more. Not this time! I am determined to reach my target of 10st 12 - and when I do, I might even reset it a bit lower... Just the thought of getting into the 10s was a pipe dream when I started - now it's just a matter of when, not if! :D

Thanks Jackie and Rozy! I'm feeling really good this week and totally remotivated - long may it last!

Booked my October half-term trip to Cyprus today, so I have 10 WIs to go until then...going to aim to be 11st 9 by the time I go, that's just about 1lb a week - should be doable!

Good day today - I cooked Jules' 'tallarines verdes' recipe for tea http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...larines-verdes-really-yummmy.html#post3997285. It was lovely, although I don't think I added quite enough basil, so will put more in next time!

Sunday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries, raspberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Lean pork (HEB+3 syns), baked potato, huge salad
Snacks: Banana, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 8.5

Monday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries, raspberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, brown sauce (1 syn), apple
Dinner: Spaghetti, tallarines verdes (1.5 syns), chicken (HEB+3 syns)
Snacks: Probably a KitKat later! (5.5syns)

Syns today: 11

Week so far: 19.5

Hi Spanx,

LOVED the photos. Wow. What a fab difference. You just look amazing. Thanks for posting, particularly the wetsuit one which as much as you are a totally different person now, still can't be easy for you to look at.

Delighted to hear that you are still making progress. What a superstar. Sorry I've been AWOL but I am still watching you even if I can't always post :)

Gail x

Back