Down with Spanx!

Thanks Gail. You're right, looking at those photos is difficult - but realising that I walked around looking like that is even worse!

NEVER AGAIN!

Hope all is well with you. Congrats on your lovely NSVs on your music week away - bet that felt good (if a little embarrassing - I always think it's a double-edged sword when people compliment me, as all I can think is 'Oh god, they must be remembering how I used to look!'

Had a lovely (if expensive) NSV today when I put on a top and cardigan that I bought back in March and found they were both miles too big! :D

I wore them anyway, with my new SIZE 14 jeans, but I fear it might be their last outing (the tops, not the jeans)! Spent my lunch hour surfing the M&S sale and bought 2 tops and a jumper, along with some more SIZE 14 trousers for my next hols in October.

Sorry, do I keep writing SIZE 14 in capitals? There must be something wrong with my keyboard!!! :D:D

So, another good day...hope my renewed motivation pays off on the scales this week!

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Tallerines verdes (1.5 syns) with chicken (HEB), courgettes and mushrooms
Snacks: Strawberries, ff yoghurt, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 7
Week so far: 26.5

Grrr! Missed lunch today and that always throws me off track! I was supposed to be in a meeting until 1pm, but it overran and went on til 3.15pm! Then I had to rush to get my son from holiday club, so lunch went out of the window!

Wednesday: EE
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
'Lunch': Alpen light (3 syns), apple
Dinner: Tallarines verdes (HEA+1.5syns) with extra chicken, courgettes and mushrooms
Snacks: 2 plums, ff yoghurt, strawberries, KitKat (5.5 syns)

Total syns today: 10
Week so far: 36.5

Feeling very virtuous though, as I was supposed to be going out for dinner on Friday - but as I'm aiming for a good week, I texted my friends and offered to cook!

I'm now scouring my recipes for a scrummy SW dinner...:D

What have you decided to make for your friend ? Hope you have a lovely evening.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I'm going for a middle eastern evening - have just made up the mixture for Honeyoc's syn-free felafels: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/227752-syn-free-falafels.html, which I will cook tomorrow and serve with pitta, couscous salad, yoghurt and mint sauce, spicy chicken and lots of salad!

Don't usually experiment with new recipes for friends before I've tried them first, but thought the felafels looked 'Spanx-proof'! :D

Another good day today:

Thursday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), strawberries, ff yoghurt
Lunch: Cheese and potato pie (no baked potatoes left at the cafe! - no idea how much cheese was in there, but they said there was no butter or milk, so I'm going to count 2 HEAs and 3 syns to be on the safe side), beans, banana
Dinner: Last of the tallarines verdes
Snack: FF yoghurt, 2 Alpen lights
Syns for the day: 3
Week so far: 39.5

Yum yum yum *drools*

Let us know how it goes.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

The felafels were lovely - definitely a do-again! Even my friend who normally turns her nose up at 'veggie stuff', and was the reason I also made spicy chicken, ate them and said she preferred them to the chicken!

I was really pleased with myself too - just one glass of wine and no other syns!

Friday: Green
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Felafels, roasted veg couscous, salad
Snacks: Largish glass of wine (8 syns)

Syns today: 8
Week so far: 47.5

Another good day today - rounding off a good week! I'm hoping for a good WI tomorrow - getting close to the lowest weight I reached with SW last time round...:D

Saturday: Green
Lunch: Felafels, cherry tomatoes, banana
Dinner: 'Fakeaway' Chinese chicken curry with peas and mushrooms (Mayflower sauce, felt like a real treat! 4 syns), rice
Snacks: Muller lemon cheesecake yoghurt (1 syn? Delicious!), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 10.5
Weekly total: 58

Woohoo - 2lbs off for me this week! Really, really pleased with that!

Now I'm just half a pound off the lowest weight I reached with SW last time round. Then, it had taken me over a year to lose 3 stone, I got fed up, plateaued, then the weight started creeping back on, then I got embarrassed going to group every week and gaining so I stopped going. Slowly but surely I put it all back on and more until last year when I finally got to grips with it!

This time I have you lovely lot to keep me on the straight and narrow and, what's more, I really believe I can do it...and I will!

Wow!! Love your latest picture:D you look amazing :D:D What a fab loss this week go you:D I'm back from my holiday so just popped in to catch up:) Wi yesterday and have put on 1lb which I am delighted with I thought it would of been more :eek:.Back to it this week.Have a good week hun:)x

Hi Surreygal - how lovely to see you! I was starting to get a bit worried that you had fallen off the wagon, but I should have known better!!! :D

Well done on your fabulous post-holiday WI. Even better that you only gained 1lb whilst not denying yourself the odd treat while you were away - reinforces the fact that when we finally reach target we can maintain this forever without denying ourselves all the time!

Hope you have a fab week!

So, yesterday got hi-jacked by an unexpected Sunday lunch at my Mum's. My Grandad has now moved into sheltered housing and is doing OK, but we wanted to get him out and about, so Mum decided to cook lunch. I managed to stay within syns, just about, and only ate half a pudding! :D

Sunday: EE
Lunch: Chicken, 2 small roasties (2 syns), new potatoes, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, little bit of gravy (2 syns), Couple of spoonfuls of berry strudel (took most of the pastry off first - guessing 6 syns based on calorie info on pack)
Dinner: Chicken curry with mushrooms, onion and peas (4 syns), boiled rice
Snack: Apple

Syns today: 14

Woohoo - 2lbs off for me this week! Really, really pleased with that!

Now I'm just half a pound off the lowest weight I reached with SW last time round. Then, it had taken me over a year to lose 3 stone, I got fed up, plateaued, then the weight started creeping back on, then I got embarrassed going to group every week and gaining so I stopped going. Slowly but surely I put it all back on and more until last year when I finally got to grips with it!

This time I have you lovely lot to keep me on the straight and narrow and, what's more, I really believe I can do it...and I will!

I love this post. Absolutely delighted for you Spanx. Who cares how long it takes, you look amazing and you obviously feel amazing. So thrilled for you twin :D

Wow!! Love your latest picture:D you look amazing :D:D What a fab loss this week go you:D I'm back from my holiday so just popped in to catch up:) Wi yesterday and have put on 1lb which I am delighted with I thought it would of been more :eek:.Back to it this week.Have a good week hun:)x

WOWEEE. That is a really fantastic result. You must be so proud. That is really brilliant. Well done.

Gail x

Why is it that sometimes, when you have a good result, everything seems to go to pot? :confused:

After just about staying within syns on Sunday, I then had a 'really hungry' day yesterday, where all I wanted was stodgy comfort food! I stayed well within syns, but it wasn't exactly a healthy-eating day!

Monday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), oven chips (5 syns)

Syns: 5
Week so far: 19

See - nothing green all day!!! Will do better today...

Why is it that sometimes, when you have a good result, everything seems to go to pot? :confused:

After just about staying within syns on Sunday, I then had a 'really hungry' day yesterday, where all I wanted was stodgy comfort food! I stayed well within syns, but it wasn't exactly a healthy-eating day!

Monday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), oven chips (5 syns)

Syns: 5
Week so far: 19

See - nothing green all day!!! Will do better today...

Hey we all have days like that. Don't beat yourself up & look on it like this..Pre Slimming World what would you have done on a hungry day?? My guess (as I know what I would do if it was me) is that I wouldnt just be denying myself a few veggies ;) so I think you should look on this a positive rather than a negative. Youre doing great so keep up the fabulous work :D

Aww thanks Spanx.It is good to be back on plan and getting my mini's fix;)It really does keep me on track.Don't worry about your hungry day we all get them.Your so right Sweet about pre sw and what we would of eaten.I know what I would of had:eek::eek:.x

Thank you Gail was very pleased.Congrats on your first year anniversary and what a fantastic year you have had and achieved!! Well done.xx

Last edited:
Sorry diary, for being absent all week - just one of those weeks!

Thanks Sweet and Surreygal! Sweet, you are absolutely right - an 'unhealthy' day these days is a far cry from pre-SW - then it would have meant having a blueberry muffin (well, it's got fruit in it, must be one of my 5 a day, right?!).

Not sure I can remember my food diary for the week, so just some highlights...

On Wednesday, I had to stop at KFC for lunch - hadn't passed anywhere else for miles and was desperate for the loo and desperately hungry, after a meeting overran. I was so proud of myself when I ordered one of their new grilled chicken wraps instead of the 2 piece meal, or huge burger I would have had before. And yes, Ok, I did have chips (and I enjoyed them!!!) - but I didn't 'go large'!

Apart from that, I've had a pretty low-syn week, apart from a couple of glasses of wine last night, so I'm hoping for a reasonable result at WI tomorrow... fingers crossed! :)

Great week Spanx. You have nothing to be ashamed of with your 'green' day. I totally agree with Sweet and Surreygal. I would be proud of that day on a day that you felt 'munchie' (my made up word I think !!). Fingers crossed for tomorrow. See you then :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail - hope you have a great WI too... Making up words is the way forward I think, as I need to make one up to describe today's WI.....

Phenomenotastic!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Somehow I have managed to lose 3.5lbs this week, which means I've got my 5st shiny AND I'm into the 11s!!!!!!! I can't believe it... the Cheshire Cat's grin has got nothing on mine! :eek::D

I feel sooooo amazing this morning!

Hope everyone else is having a lovely bank holiday weekend! xxx

Phenomenotastic (did I get it right ??) indeed you star twin :D

We have both achieved new milestones today. Fantastic. Here's to another good week :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail - still feeling good this morning!

After 2 weeks of good losses, I've been having a think to see if I've done anything different in the last couple of weeks. The only thing I've noticed is that I've had All bran instead of Crunchy bran for most of that time... Not sure why that would make a difference, but as I don't have any Crunchy Bran at the moment, I'll stick with the All Bran and see if my good results continue!

Sunday: Green
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2 syns), courgettes, mushrooms
Dinner: Boiled rice, chinese chicken (HEB) curry made with Mayflower sauce (4 syns), mushrooms and onions
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns for day: 11.5

Thanks Gail - hope you have a great WI too... Making up words is the way forward I think, as I need to make one up to describe today's WI.....

Phenomenotastic!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Somehow I have managed to lose 3.5lbs this week, which means I've got my 5st shiny AND I'm into the 11s!!!!!!! I can't believe it... the Cheshire Cat's grin has got nothing on mine! :eek::D

I feel sooooo amazing this morning!

Hope everyone else is having a lovely bank holiday weekend! xxx

Amazing!!!!! :happy036:well done hunni lovely new shiney and what a fab loss:D:D and in to the 11's:D.

Congrats to the twins:D:D xx

Back