Down with Spanx!

Thanks Surreygal - I can't compare to your awesomeness, but I'm doing my best! :D:D

Bit of a worry this week, as I've started a new contract and the canteen there has never heard of healthy options, nor is there a microwave to heat up your own lunch. Office is in the middle of nowhere, so eating out is not an option either. Fortunately, I took some pasta and ratatouille today, which I ate cold at lunchtime and it wasn't too bad, so that could be the answer for the 3 days a week that I will be there for the next 3 months!

Monday: Green
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Pasta, ratatouille and turkey (HEB)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns for day: 5.5

Tuesday: EE
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Pasta, ratatouille with turkey, apple
Snack: Alpen light (3 syns)
Dinner: Ratatouille with baked potato (made a huge potful - needs eating!)
Snack: Mullerlight, Snack size toffee crisp (5 syns)

Syns today: 8
Week so far: 25

Two weeks of good results and into the 11s has made me nervous for this week for some reason. I'm almost convinced that I'm going to have a gain on Sunday - for no apparent reason!

On the plus side, I finally had enough confidence to say yes to a date! :eek:

Wednesday: EE
Brekkie: Allbran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Pasta, turkey, ratatouille, apple
Dinner: Turkey, baked potato, cheese (half HEA) mixed veggies

Thursday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans
Dinner: Oven chips (5 syns), Turkey (HEB+3 syns), BBQ sauce (2 syns)

Syns for day: 10

Week so far: 40.5

Two weeks of good results and into the 11s has made me nervous for this week for some reason. I'm almost convinced that I'm going to have a gain on Sunday - for no apparent reason!

On the plus side, I finally had enough confidence to say yes to a date! :eek:

Wednesday: EE
Lunch: Pasta, turkey, ratatouille, apple
Dinner: Turkey, baked potato, cheese (half HEA) mixed veggies

Thursday: Green
Dinner: Oven chips (5 syns), Turkey (HEB+3 syns), BBQ sauce (2 syns)

Syns for day: 10

Week so far: 40.5

I can understand that. Recently I have been very nervous standing on the scales (mainly coz they have been soo mean lately)

On a plus... a date!!!!!! You do realise that we want to hear more now ;)

Oooooh. How exciting. Well done you. When is it ? We want to know ALL the details :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Just catching up abit. Wow well done on that 5 stone shiney :bliss: :talk017: xxx

Thanks Jackie - hope everything is going well for you too!

I can understand that. Recently I have been very nervous standing on the scales (mainly coz they have been soo mean lately)

On a plus... a date!!!!!! You do realise that we want to hear more now ;)

Erm we so do need to know more when's the date;)?x

Oooooh. How exciting. Well done you. When is it ? We want to know ALL the details :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I knew I wouldn't get away with just sneaking that one in there...! :eek:

Well, it was last night and it went OK. Don't think there's any major spark there, but we had a good night out - just a drink and some live music (I turned down dinner, as I didn't think I'd be able to trust myself to stay within syns with both wine and food!) He did pay me some lovely compliments - telling me I looked the best he'd ever seen me look (the last time he saw me before last week was a few years ago and I think I was probably about 14 and a half stone) and my outfit was lovely, (which was nice, as I had a new outfit on which wasn't my normal style - I actually went out of the house in leggings!) - so all-in-all I had a bit of a rosy glow all evening!

If nothing else, then it was a nice re-introduction to the world of dating...who knows, I might be readier than I thought to dip my toe back into the water!

A reasonable couple of days SW-wise too, so I'm hopeful of a loss tomorrow, although I still have that feeling that after two good weeks I might see an unexpected gain!

Friday: Green
Lunch: Apple (didn't have breakfast til late, as had a doctor's appointment first thing, so not hungry enough for lunch!)
Dinner: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Snacks: KitKat (5.5 syns), glass wine (6 syns)

Syns for day: 11.5

Saturday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Boiled rice, chinese chicken and mushroom curry (5 syns)
Snacks: KitKat (5.5 syns), lemon cheesecake yoghurt (1 syn)

Syns for day: 11.5

Syns for week: 63.5

Fingers crossed for the morning! Good luck Gail and Surreygal too (Sweet, you don't WI on a Sunday do you?)

Great to hear about the date. I don't think it matters that much whether there was a spark or not, it's just good to get out and do it. I know exactly how you feel - I went on the first date (a blind date as well) that I'd had for years a few months ago. Would never had the courage to do that before the weight loss.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gail x

You kept that one quiet Gail!

It just showed me that, however much I may have tried to deny it, being that overweight really affected every aspect of my life. I would never have gone out on a date, didn't go swimming, hated going anywhere new or meeting new people as I thought they would all be wondering how on earth I'd got so fat. I'm generally known though, as being outgoing and sociable - well, maybe I was 15 years ago, but looking back now I realise just how much I had changed. So, it's nice to welcome the 'old me' back!

Well, as I suspected, I only managed a STS. Think my body was rebelling after 2 good weeks, so I'm not going to get too disheartened about it - if you take the 3 weeks together, it's still a 5.5lb loss over 3 weeks, which is better than my recent average!

Let's hope for a loss again this week, although I've got three nights out! :eek:

Feeling very chuffed with myself today for turning down a pudding at Sunday lunch and going easy on the roasties and gravy!

Sunday: Green
Lunch: Chicken (HEB), new potatoes, roast potato (2 syns), cabbage, carrots, green beans, gravy (2 syns)
Dinner: Pasta, mushrooms, pesto (2.5 syns)
Snacks: Mullerlight (1 syn), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 13

Well done Spanx. And well done on the STS. As you said, a couple of good weeks so you're probably just consolidating the loss.

Yes, you are right. I kept the date quiet. It really wasn't a big deal apart from the fact that I felt confident enough to even give it a go ! Nothing else though so don't worry, you aren't missing out !!!

Hope you have a good week.

Gail x

Glad to hear that your date went well even though there wasnt a spark.

I weigh in on friday mornings.... before the dreaded weekend!!!! lol

Sts is good well done:) Pleased the date went well.It's great that you felt good and the confidence back again to go.Have a good week:)x

Ooops can not type for toffee today.Meant to say It's great that you felt good and had your confidence back again to go:) x

Thanks Gail, Sweet and Surreygal!

Gail, I quite agree - just having the confidence to go on a date is amazing - who cares how the date goes?!

Have had a couple of texts off him already, so perhaps there might be a repeat performance at some point...

Had one of those 'hungry' days today, where nothing you eat seems to fill you up. :mad: Comfort food all the way...

Monday: Green
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), mushrooms
Dinner: Chinese chicken and mushroom curry (4 syns) with oven chips (4 syns)

Syns today: 10.5

Week so far: 23.5

Another good day - I'm walking around with a new bounce in my step - and actually looking in the mirror and feeling like I look ok! Long may it last!

Tuesday: Green
Snacks: Apple, banana
Dinner: Chinese chicken and mushroom curry (4 syns), boiled rice

Syns today: 4
Week so far: 27.5

Another good day - I'm walking around with a new bounce in my step - and actually looking in the mirror and feeling like I look ok! Long may it last!

Tuesday: Green
Snacks: Apple, banana
Dinner: Chinese chicken and mushroom curry (4 syns), boiled rice

Syns today: 4
Week so far: 27.5

YAy!!!! Don't you just love that feeling!! I felt like that this morning until I looked in my wardrobe & realised that I have very few clothes that actually fit me now.... time for some shopping I think!!! :D

I am slinking in with my tail between my legs...

The week went steadily downhill after Tuesday, with meals out on Weds, Thurs, Fri and Sat!!!! Friday and Sat also included copious amounts of wine - which led to this morning's WI - 2.5lbs on! :eek::(:eek:

I didn't think I'd been that bad either - I could have indulged a lot more (and would have pre-SW!) . Just shows how much damage you can do - and just how easily!

Not v.happy, as it means I've lost my 5st shiny and was back in the 12s... :mad:

So, I have decided not to change my stats this week, in the hope of getting it straight back off again by next WI!

Haven't got too much on this week, so should be able to give it a good go.

The week went steadily downhill after Tuesday, with meals out on Weds, Thurs, Fri and Sat!!!! Friday and Sat also included copious amounts of wine - which led to this morning's WI - 2.5lbs on! :eek::(:eek:

I didn't think I'd been that bad either - I could have indulged a lot more (and would have pre-SW!) . Just shows how much damage you can do - and just how easily!

Not v.happy, as it means I've lost my 5st shiny and was back in the 12s... :mad:

So, I have decided not to change my stats this week, in the hope of getting it straight back off again by next WI!

Hey you'll have that 2.5lbs off in no time at all so don't worry. Look at the bigger picture & at all the lbs that you have lost in the past year... that 2.5lbs is nothing in comparison to that!!! :)

Don't worry that will soon be off.Sounds like you have had a busy week enjoying yourself and catching up with friends:).Here's to a good week.x

Back