Down with Spanx!

So, I agreed to a second date with the chap from last week, but, sadly, he's never going to be any more than a friend. Whatever 'it' is, it just isn't there! Shame, as he's a really nice guy...

Eating is going pretty well this week. Although I have eaten pasta for two days running (I think I'm addicted!), I've had less pasta and more veg, so I'm hoping the scales will begin to move again!

Tuesday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, banana
Dinner: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 8
Week so far: 29

Wasn't feeling too great yesterday, so ended up having a red day! And - no pasta, maybe I've broken the addiction!

Wednesday: Red
Lunch: Banana
Dinner: Chicken, small baked potato (210g, HEB), green beans, bbq sauce (2 syns)

Syns today: 2
Week so far: 31

It's my son's birthday today, and he wants to go out for a curry tonight, so will aim to stick to Chicken Dhansak, boiled rice and a poppadom. Unfortunately, he's also chosen a chocolate fudge cake for his birthday cake, so even with a small slice, I could end up well over my syns today! :eek:

Oops - time to catch up! Have had a really busy week, so that's my excuse for not keeping up to date!

Thursday was my son's birthday. I did really well to stick to the syns limit I'd imposed on myself - I had the chicken dhansak, one poppadom and boiled rice and then I managed to not eat any birthday cake except for a small piece of flake that was on the top and that my son insisted I have!

On Saturday I took my son and two of his friends to the cinema and McD's. I didn't eat in McD's and I didn't partake in the pick'n'mix frenzy at the cinema either, so I was feeling pretty proud of myself!

But pride comes before a fall - I went to a friend's to watch X-factor last night. I'd arranged to go after they'd all had dinner, as I knew that my friend was cooking some high-fat curries - so I ate my syn free mushy pea curry at home and then went round, where, unfortunately, I was hi-jacked by a homemade american double chocolate cheesecake...:eek::eek::eek:

Still, WI this morning and I've lost 1.5lbs, so I'm pretty pleased!

Thursday: EE
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Chicken dhansak (12 syns), 1 poppadom (4 syns), boiled rice
Snack: Small piece flake (3 syns)

Syns for day: 19

Friday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, banana
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (5 syns), leeks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes

Syns today: 5

Saturday: Green
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with chicken (HEB), leeks, mushrooms, boiled rice
Snack: Cheesecake (20 syns?!)

Syns today: 20

Syns for week: 75

So - only 10lbs to go to get to my first target - woohoo! :D

Go you:D what a fab loss well done:D now then that home made cheesecake sounds delish *drools*
Only 10lbs to go to your first target that is fabulous:D:D very proud xx

Thank you Diana and Surreygal!

I can't describe how completely different I feel about myself these days. When I used to read the stories in the SW mag and people used to say they had no confidence when they were bigger, and they avoided doing things, or couldn't do things because of their weight, I used to think 'Well, I don't have any of that, so I can't be that big!'

It's only now that I look back at how I really did feel and act, that I realise just how much my weight affected every aspect of my life. Seriously, I never want to go back there again!

A pretty good start to the week - although I have mushy pea curry coming out of my ears, as I made a huge potful and then realised I couldn't fit anything else in the freezer, so I've had to eat it every day! I really must clean my freezer and cupboards out, there's still stuff in there from before I started SW in June 2010 - and I certainly won't be eating it any time soon!

Sunday: Green
Lunch: Banana, apple (late breakfast, so not hungry!)
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with extra spinach, mushrooms and leeks, boiled rice, oven chips (5 syns)

Syns today: 5

Monday: Green
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Mushy pea curry with spinach, leeks and mushrooms, boiled rice

Syns today: 5.5

Week so far: 10.5

Well done on the 1.5lbs and particularly well deserved for not giving in to ds birthday cake.

Thank you my lovely - I did feel proud of myself!

I've been really busy again this week, but have been on plan all week, so hoping for a decent loss on Sunday. 1lb would be nice to get to 11st 7lbs.

I have been strutting around town in my size 14 skinny jeans all week, feeling faaaaaabulous dahlings! I keep catching glimpses of myself in shop windows and wondering who it is!!! :D

So, let's see if I can remember what I've eaten this week...!

Lunch: Baked potato, beans, apple
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cheese (HEA)

Syns today: 2.5

Wednesday: Green
Lunch: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes
Dinner: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA), banana
Snack: Small glass wine (5 syns)

Syns today: 7.5

Thursday: Green
Dinner: Mushroom Omelette, cheese (HEA), oven chips (8 syns)

Friday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt
Dinner: Pasta, courgettes, leeks, tomatoes, broccoli, onions, mushrooms, cheese (HEA)

Week so far: 34

Right then, another good week under my belt, so here's hoping for a good loss in the morning...

If it doesn't happen, then I think it's a clear signal that, with only 10lbs to go to my first target, it might be time to make some changes to get the rest of this weight off.

I've had a great week though with people commenting on my loss - I think my body must have changed shape again lately, as lots of people are noticing another step change - so that's great!

Saturday: Green
Brekkie: Crunchy bran (HEB), ff yoghurt
Lunch: Pasta, leeks, mushrooms, tomatoes, courgettes, broccoli
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), oven chips (6 syns), bbq sauce (2 syns)

Syns today: 13.5

Syns for week: 47.5

Couldn't get on the site yesterday for some reason - it kept freezing, so unable to report in!

Had a STS, which I am quite disappointed with, but not entirely surprised about... I think that now I'm getting closer to a BMI of 25 it's time I thought about cutting down on the carbs. I'm going to have to think about how to do it without suddenly feeling that I'm on a diet, as I really don't want to give up, but have never managed to do red days for very long! Greens rule for me!!!

I'm not going to change anything this week, as I am going on holiday on Sunday, so I want to eat up what's in the fridge and freezer and not go shopping. But I will think about doing things differently when I get home.

Sunday: Green
Lunch: Banana, alpen light (3 syns) - at the football!
Dinner: Pasta, tomatoes, leeks, mushrooms, courgettes, broccoli, chicken (HEB)

Syns today: 8.5

Monday: Green
Dinner: Chicken (HEB), oven chips (5 syns), peas, bbq sauce (2 syns)

Syns today: 7

Week so far: 15.5

Spanx, why dont you try alternating your days when you come back. Do a green , a red, an EE & then back to a green. Might mix things up a bit without that deprived feeling :)

Hi Sweet - very sensible advice, as usual! I think the key thing will be to sit down and properly plan some non-green days - whether they be EE or Red. I've never really done that, as Green comes so easily!

Busy week, as I'm off on hols on Sunday, so I haven't had much time to update my diary - but I am happy to report that I've had another 100% week so far!

Dinner: Banana, alpen light (half HEB) - late meeting, then had to go straight out!
Snack: KitKat (5.5 syns), ff yoghurt, Alpen light (half HEB)

Wednesday: Green
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese (HEA)

Thursday: Green
Brekkie: All bran (HEB), ff yoghurt, strawberries
Lunch: Baked potato, beans
Dinner: Pasta, pesto (2.5 syns), leeks, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, cheese (HEA)
Snack: Alpen light (half HEB)

Syns today: 2.5

Week so far: 31.5

Good morning:) good advice from sweet.Mixing up the day's keeps the body guessing.I hope you have a really lovely holiday. x

Thanks Surreygal - I will, particularly as I've just weighed in and discovered that I've lost 2lbs this week, which means that I have met my holiday target and got my 5.5st shiny! Woohoo! :D:D:D

Have a great week everyone and I'll see you when I get back! My goal for the week is to put on no more than 1lb... wish me luck!

I see a lovely new shiney :happy036: 2lbs is just fab:D:D.See you when you get back,have a great time:) x

Spanx, when I look at your diary I'm always in awe when I see how many syns you have each day!!! I must be very unsaintly having my full 15 everyday!!!! :eek:

Hope youre having a nice holiday & loving the new shiney!!!! :)

Thank you lovely ladies! :grouphugg:

Wowzers Sweet - Century Club! That is amazing! :happy096: I'm so pleased for you, you really deserve it!

I think I eat too much free food to have my full syn allocation, but it seems to work for me!

I am really pleased (and pretty astounded!) to have come back from my holiday having STS! :eek: Think that's a first!

Still, I'm off to Poland for a girly weekend tomorrow, so I doubt I'll see a STS when I WI on Monday!

Hope everyone is well and shrinking! xxx

Hope you've had a great girly weekend!!!

I think I probably eat too much of both but it keeps me on track!!!! lol :eek: Mind you I did have another STS on Friday so am mixing things up by doing a green week... well 4 days of green in a row :eek:

Welcome back:) hope you had a fab holiday.Wow sts after your hols thats just great.Have a lovely girly weekend:) sounds fun.x

Back