Down with Spanx!

Fantastic!!!! Well done!!! Have you done anything differently this week? xxx

Thanks Val and HLB - feels great!

HLB - it was my first proper WI back on plan - started on the Monday, but didn't go to group until Thursday - so it's pretty much a first week 'back on plan' loss. I'm sure it will settle down again to my usual 1lb a week... I'm a tortoise, not a hare! I have switched to EE though, so I will see how that goes. Previously I did mostly green days.

Made a great new snacking discovery last night - Mikado with Dime bar bits! Yum! And only half a syn each. Had 10 to celebrate my WI for only 5 syns. You can make them last ages too - took me an hour to nibble through 10 of them while watching tv.

So, another good day:

Thursday: EE
Brekkie: 35g F'n'F (HEB), mullerlight, pineapple
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Last of the leftover chicken pie (1 syn)
Snack: two tangerines and a banana after WI!
Dinner: Chilli made with ex-lean mince, baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions, boiled rice
Snack: 10 Mikado sticks (5 syns)

Syns today: 6
Syns for week: 66

i have the hazelnut ones they are lovely!!!! lol xxx

I'll have to try those next HLB!

So Friday brought 6 inches of snow - took the dogs for a long walk in the park and woods and my thighs were aching - deep snow is clearly good for body magic!!

Friday: EE
Brekkie: F'n'F (HEB), mullerlight, pineapple
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Baked potato, left over chilli
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Pasta with sauce made from baby plum tomatoes, flat mushrooms, red onion with basil, garlic, chilli and balsamic vinegar, parmesan (HEA)
Snacks: 175ml red wine (6 syns), 10 Mikado (5 syns)

Syns today: 11

Hiya lovely!!! Wow - 5.5lb off!!! That's fantastic hun! :D:D:D I bet you're so chuffed!

Sorry I haven't really posted much recently...it's been hectic in school with reports, parents evenings, arsey kids and arsey staff! I promise to be a more frequent poster though :) xx

Hiya lovely!!! Wow - 5.5lb off!!! That's fantastic hun! :D:D:D I bet you're so chuffed!

Sorry I haven't really posted much recently...it's been hectic in school with reports, parents evenings, arsey kids and arsey staff! I promise to be a more frequent poster though :) xx

Hi Sian, Did you get snowed in yesterday? South Wales was the worst hit wasn't it? We've had about six inches here - more than enough for me (oo-er missus!)

Hope you are doing well, despite all the arseyness!

x

These mikado are just a good little choc fix as well don't you think? When ou really fancy some choc but you know you've not got enough syns for a full bar... Have mikado and you can have loads for how many SMS you have left! Lol xxx

These mikado are just a good little choc fix as well don't you think? When ou really fancy some choc but you know you've not got enough syns for a full bar... Have mikado and you can have loads for how many SMS you have left! Lol xxx

Blast knew I forgot something this morning was meant to buy some mikado will have to get them tomorrow :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm running low I'm gonna have to buy some more soon x

Blast knew I forgot something this morning was meant to buy some mikado will have to get them tomorrow :) xx

Well so much for me buying some I was too tight to get them £1.40 in sainsburies for little box will wait till they r on offer some where ;-) hope u've had a good day xx

Well so much for me buying some I was too tight to get them £1.40 in sainsburies for little box will wait till they r on offer some where ;-) hope u've had a good day xx

Mine were from Tesco - think they were on offer, but can't remember in the rush of excitement of finding them!!

So, the weekend's food looked like this - not enough superfree and too many syns - showed a small gain on the scales this morning too... So I'm, determined to have a good week and try and get 1.5lb loss on Thursday to get my half a stone award in the first two weeks...

Saturday: EE
Brunch: Joe's sausage, poached egg, huge beefsteak tomato, beans, lean bacon, sautee potatoes
Snack: Banana, Joe's sausage
Dinner: Chicken Dhansak (half portion, 3.5 syns), saag bhagee - half portion, no idea, but made with spinach, onions, tomato and spices, with apparently not much oil, so going to count 3 syns!, boiled rice, chips (oops! only had a few, so going to count 5 syns), 2x gin and slimline tonic (5 syns), poppadum (4 syns)

Syns for day: 20.5

Note to self: not too bad - don't forget you avoided naan bread and beer at the indian and ice cream and sweets at the show!

Sunday:
Brekkie: Joe's sausage, banana (not hungry!)
Dinner: Cowboy pie, green beans, peas
Snacks: Mullerlight, 2 x Light Hi-fi (HEB), two tangerines

Syns for day: 0

So, the weekend's food looked like this - not enough superfree and too many syns - showed a small gain on the scales this morning too... So I'm, determined to have a good week and try and get 1.5lb loss on Thursday to get my half a stone award in the first two weeks...

Saturday: EE
Brunch: Joe's sausage, poached egg, huge beefsteak tomato, beans, lean bacon, sautee potatoes
Snack: Banana, Joe's sausage
Dinner: Chicken Dhansak (half portion, 3.5 syns), saag bhagee - half portion, no idea, but made with spinach, onions, tomato and spices, with apparently not much oil, so going to count 3 syns!, boiled rice, chips (oops! only had a few, so going to count 5 syns), 2x gin and slimline tonic (5 syns), poppadum (4 syns)

Syns for day: 20.5

Note to self: not too bad - don't forget you avoided naan bread and beer at the indian and ice cream and sweets at the show!

Sunday:
Brekkie: Joe's sausage, banana (not hungry!)
Dinner: Cowboy pie, green beans, peas
Snacks: Mullerlight, 2 x Light Hi-fi (HEB), two tangerines

Syns for day: 0

Foods looking lovely making my mouth water nom nom xx

It was a lovely weekend of food Val - but the scales didn't think so!!

Had a good day on Monday, only 2 syns, so slowly clawing them back... We've still got lots of snow here though, so opportunities to get out and do stuff are limited and I've got a bit of cabin fever!

Monday: EE
Brekkie: Apple, banana, mixed berries, mullerlight
Lunch: Cowboy pie, tangerine
Snack: Apple, tangerine
Dinner: Pasta with chicken, aubergine, courgette, mushroom and roasted onion in a spicy passata sauce, 20g reduced fat cheese (half HEA)
Snacks: 2 Rocky Road light hi-fi bars (HEB), mullerlight with cherry layer (2 syns)

Syns today: 2
Week so far: 33..5

Hi Spanx - I'm dead impressed you turned down a naan bread, I simply cannot go into an Indian restaurant because I know I'd succumb! You seem to be a Joe's sausage fan - have you tried the Powter's low fat Newmarket sausages? also ½syn each, and I just love them - they're more at the Cumberland end of the seasoning range - but had a look at the Joe's website and they do have some great flavours.

Hi Spanx - I'm dead impressed you turned down a naan bread, I simply cannot go into an Indian restaurant because I know I'd succumb! You seem to be a Joe's sausage fan - have you tried the Powter's low fat Newmarket sausages? also ½syn each, and I just love them - they're more at the Cumberland end of the seasoning range - but had a look at the Joe's website and they do have some great flavours.

Thanks! I was pretty pleased with myself too! I do like Joe's sausages - but don't buy them often as quite pricey - I'll look up the Powter's ones too. Generally buy the Sainsbury's BGTY Cumberlands, as they're not bad either.

Hiya lovely!! Your food sounds lovely for today, yum! What's cowboy pie though?

I hope the snow clears for you soon and you can start getting out and about again...cabin fever is horrible!

xx

Hi Sian - we've still got a few inches, although none since last night and it seems to be starting to thaw, so fingers crossed! I'm fed up of it now, although it's doing my bank balance good, as I hate going out in it, so no shopping!

Cowboy pie is basically a cottage pie with baked beans, swede and carrot - think it was in the magazine a few months ago. It's perfect comfort food for a cold winter's night! Don't like too much swede in it though, as find it a bit overpowering, so also add leeks and chopped green beans into mine to keep up the superfree...

A good week so far, although a sneaky peek on the scales this morning suggests I've STS this week, which will be disappointing... Not enough exercise probably, due to the snow - and too much stodgy comfort food!

Tuesday: EE
Brekkie: 35g Fruit 'n' Fibre (HEB), mullerlight, mixed frozen fruit
Lunch: Pasta with courgettes, aubergine, passata, mushrooms, chicken (leftovers from night before!)
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Chicken, mushroom, aubergine and courgette balti (sauce from 'Little book of sauces' with extra chilli - delicious!), boiled rice
Snacks: One Quality Street (2.5 syns), one S&V snack a jack (2.5 syns), mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns)

Syns for day: 5.5
Week so far: 39

Wednesday: EE
Brekkie: Mixed frozen fruit, banana, mullerlight
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken, spinach, mushroom curry, boiled rice
Snack: Mullerlight greek-style (0.5 syns), one Quality Street (2.5 syns), one Hifi bar (HEB)

Syns today: 3
Week so far: 42

cowboy pie is yum - and I add cooked beetroot to the mince/veg mix to bulk it out a bit so it goes a lovely burgundy colour (tend not to use baked beans, replace with tinned haricots and tomatoes so that's an extra Super in there). Mind you, I add beetroot to a lot of stuff - it's good for blood pressure ! (seriously)

Back