Down with Spanx!

cowboy pie is yum - and I add cooked beetroot to the mince/veg mix to bulk it out a bit so it goes a lovely burgundy colour (tend not to use baked beans, replace with tinned haricots and tomatoes so that's an extra Super in there). Mind you, I add beetroot to a lot of stuff - it's good for blood pressure ! (seriously)

That sounds lovely Squidgie - do you bake the beetroot? I have to confess I've never had it apart from pickled, or in a salad!

Another good day today, although it might be a bit windy around these parts tomorrow, as I've had curry three nights in a row...! :eek:

Thursday: EE
Brekkie: Banana, raspberries, mixed frozen fruit, mullerlight
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, cheese (HEA)
Dinner: Chicken, aubergine, courgette and mushroom balti with a bit of spinach and boiled rice
Snack: Light Hifi (HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 5.5
Syns for week: 47.5

Had a friend round for dinner, so didn't make it to group, but I'm going to the consultant's other group in the morning... Wish me luck, as scales still saying STS... :(

Good luck with the weigh-in ! (I know we're not supposed to weigh in-between groups, but can't resist it, but it doesn't always forecast what happens on the official scales) I use the cooked vac-pack beetroot you can get pretty well everywhere, as it doesn't have to live in the fridge and is there whenever I need it. No vinegar, either. Saves cooking time, although I do have a cracking beef and beetroot casserole recipe (haven't properly SW'd it yet but it won't need much tweaking) that's best done in the slow cooker so I'd use raw beetroot if I've got it for that.

Well, WI this morning and lost 1lb. Bit disappointed, as I normally WI in the evening, so would probably have been as STS, or small gain had I WI last night...

Still, there were lots of gains at group this week - C reminded us that we'd probably done less exercise because of all the snow (it's still on the ground here, after a week and there's more forecast this afternoon :() and possible eaten more to combat the cold - even if it's free food, it's probably extra calories and less exercise. So, glad I stayed to group, as felt much better afterwards than if I'd WI and gone home!

Onwards and downwards!

Well, WI this morning and lost 1lb. Bit disappointed, as I normally WI in the evening, so would probably have been as STS, or small gain had I WI last night...

Still, there were lots of gains at group this week - C reminded us that we'd probably done less exercise because of all the snow (it's still on the ground here, after a week and there's more forecast this afternoon :() and possible eaten more to combat the cold - even if it's free food, it's probably extra calories and less exercise. So, glad I stayed to group, as felt much better afterwards than if I'd WI and gone home!

Onwards and downwards!

Well done on ur loss I would have been more than happy to have lost a lb :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck with the weigh-in ! (I know we're not supposed to weigh in-between groups, but can't resist it, but it doesn't always forecast what happens on the official scales) I use the cooked vac-pack beetroot you can get pretty well everywhere, as it doesn't have to live in the fridge and is there whenever I need it. No vinegar, either. Saves cooking time, although I do have a cracking beef and beetroot casserole recipe (haven't properly SW'd it yet but it won't need much tweaking) that's best done in the slow cooker so I'd use raw beetroot if I've got it for that.

Thanks Squidgie - I will definitely try that in my next cowboy pie!

Well done on ur loss I would have been more than happy to have lost a lb :) xx

Thanks Val - I do feel fine about it this morning - I was just hoping to get half a stone off in the first two weeks - 6.5lbs - so close!!

Going to make sure I get enough dog-walking in this week to get rid of some of those comfort food calories too and hope to have a decent loss next week...

Tried some of that Sainsbury's Czech low alcohol beer last night - my OH likes to have a drink on a Friday and Saturday evening and usually encourages me to have one too - this made me feel like I was having a drink, made him feel better about having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner - and all for only 1 syn a bottle - result! Tastes a bit like watered-down beer, but quite nice ice-cold. Now if only they could invent a 1 syn a glass red wine!!

Friday: EE
Brekkie: Banana, 2 apples,
Lunch: Baked potato, left over curry with aubergines, mushrooms, courgettes
Snack: 2 tangerines
Dinner: Pasta with reduced fat pork mince, mushrooms, courgettes, passata, onions, leeks, basil and garlic, parmesan (HEA)
Snacks: Rocky road hifi (HEB), 2 x Czech beer (2 syns), KitKat (5.5 syns), lemon greek-style mullerlight (0.5 syns)

Syns today: 8

Saturday was another good day - out for an hour with the dogs too, walked about 2 miles in the slushy snow - got to be good for your thighs!!

Saturday: EE
Brunch: Bacon, 1 BGTY cumberland sausage (0.5 syns), poached egg, baked beans, sauteed potatoes, grilled tomato, mushrooms, brown sauce (1 syn)
Snack after dog walk: 1 sausage (0.5 syns), 1 piece bacon, 2 tangerines
Dinner: Ex lean pork mince, pasta, passata, courgettes, mushrooms, leeks, onions, basil, garlic, parmesan (HEA)
Snacks: 1 mullerlight greek style (0.5 syns), 1 rocky road hifi (HEB), kitkat (5.5 syns), 1 czech beer ( 1 syn)

Syns for day: 9
Week so far: 17

I really must stop weighing myself. No movement again on the scales this morning - that's a whole week of being good and no change on the scales... I never used to have a problem waiting for WI - but think this is linked to wondering if EE can really work for me - it seems too easy!

Not very hungry today, so had breakfast and then nothing until an early tea... that's probably not very good for me either!

Sunday: EE
Brekkie: Banana, two tangerines, mullerlight
Dinner: Chicken breast, ratatouille made with leeks, mushrooms, courgettes, onions, passata and herbs, sw chunky chips
Snacks: Apple, mullerlight greek-style (0.5 syns), two hifi light bars (HEB)

Syns today: 0.5
Week so far: 17.5

hi hun i have just looked at ur photos (hadn't seen the link till today) wooed to bingeemptoooowzer you look amazing :wow: the last photo of you bought the feeling back of how i felt when i got to target gonna keep hold of that feeling for when im tempted to binge well done you & thanks for inspiration xx

Val, that's amazing - I've just written something almost exactly the same about remembering how it felt in your diary, then I came here and read this! Stick with it hon, you will get your head back in the right place sooner rather than later xxx

So, a good couple of days, but the scales still aren't moving - frustrating!

Monday: EE
Brekkie: Mixed frozen fruit, banana, mullerlight
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, tangerine
Snack: Chicken and veg soup (homemade, with swede, carrot, leeks, potato, chicken, parsnip, stock and curry powder)
Dinner: Chicken and veg curry, boiled rice
Snacks: Apple, hifi light (HEB), Mikado (5 syns)

Syns today: 5
Week so far: 22.5

Tuesday: EE
Brekkie: Mixed frozen fruit, banana, mullerlight
Lunch: Tangerine, baked potato, beans, brown sauce (1 syn) banana (oops, 2 bananas, but v. hungry!)
Snack: Hifi light (half HEB)
Dinner: Noodles, tomatoes, mushrooms, cod
Snacks: Apple, hifi light (half HEB), KitKat (5.5 syns)

Syns today: 6.5
Week so far: 29

Thanks Val and Hazel.

I'm actually dreading going to group this week, as I'm sure I've not had a loss - and, if I go tonight, I'll probably see a gain, as last week I went to a morning group. Just not sure how/if EE is going to work for me. I lost on green days before - slowly, but consistently.

I'm struggling to use my syns on EE - just don't feel the need to have them, apart from a glass of wine at the weekend and the occasional chocolate in the week.

I'm eating really well - lots of superfree and superspeed foods. EE also fits really well with my family, whereas green didn't and I ended up cooking different meals for everyone all the time, so I'd like to continue on EE if I can. I do have big portions, to match my appetite, but I did last time round too - and lost consistently.

Maybe it will show itself next week - fingers crossed!

Weds: EE
B: Mixed frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, kiwi, mango, pomegranate seeds), activia 0%
S: Apple
L: Baked potato, beans, brown sauce (1 syn), banana
S: hifi low bar (half HEB)
D: Pasta, ex lean pork mince, passata, mushrooms, courgettes, leeks, red pesto (2.5 syns), bit of parmesan (about 5g - part HEA)
S: Mullerlight greek-style (0.5 syns), hifi low (half HEB)

Syns today: 4
Week so far: 33

Ooo, I'm lovig the sound of your dinner! I've got some pork mince in the freezer, maybe I need to make something similar for next week :) EE does always seem a bit too good to be true for me, although I've followed it successfully since the start. I'm finding it hard to get my head around any of the plans at the moment though, oops! Haha! I have the opposite problem to you - I don't have enough syns for all the things I want to eat and drink! ;) xx

Just looked at your photoblog - what an inspiration you are! Hope the next WI goes well for you - I've also got 'stuck' in spite of being very good on the super-free and low syns. Just have to keep sticking to it, I've noticed there's not always a direct cause and effect between recent eating and results on the scales. If the wind would kindly drop a bit for the weekend I might be able to get out for some Body Magic to boost things along a bit.

Ooo, I'm lovig the sound of your dinner! I've got some pork mince in the freezer, maybe I need to make something similar for next week :) EE does always seem a bit too good to be true for me, although I've followed it successfully since the start. I'm finding it hard to get my head around any of the plans at the moment though, oops! Haha! I have the opposite problem to you - I don't have enough syns for all the things I want to eat and drink! ;) xx

It was lush Sian - much prefer pork mince to beef or quorn and the sainsbury's reduced fat one is really low in fat (still dry fry and then drain it though, hate the taste of meat fat!). I used a fiery chilli pesto to give it a kick and it was really tasty and very filling.

Pep talk time - Come on missus - quit faffing and start losing! It's February already!!! :p

Just looked at your photoblog - what an inspiration you are! Hope the next WI goes well for you - I've also got 'stuck' in spite of being very good on the super-free and low syns. Just have to keep sticking to it, I've noticed there's not always a direct cause and effect between recent eating and results on the scales. If the wind would kindly drop a bit for the weekend I might be able to get out for some Body Magic to boost things along a bit.

Thank you, although I don't feel like much of an inspiration at the moment - really need to get back to that bottom pic - I felt absolutely fantastic that night - and it shows! Night out with lots of other mums from school and for the first time in years I wasn't hiding in the corner, I was boogying on the dance floor all night. I remember a couple of the mums I hadn't seen for ages didn't recognise me!!! Every time I look at that pic now, I'm just determined to get back there. Well, every time I look at that pic and the size 12 skinny jeans that I was wearing at the time - I will get back into them too...!

Another good day on Thursday, although few syns and only half my HE's. Think maybe if I don't show a loss this week I will have a re-think about how I'm using my HE's - too many late night Hifi bars maybe?

Thursday: EE
B: Pineapple, mango, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, activia 0%
L: Baked potato, beans, cheese (half HEA), apple
D: Pasta, reduced fat pork mince, passata, red pesto (2.5 syns), mushrooms, courgettes, leeks, basil, garlic
S: Hifi low (half HEB)

Syns: 2.5
Syns for week: 35.5 - average syns per day: 5

I don't buy Hi Fi bars - I bought one box, and then realised they'd all magically disappeared in less than 1 hour. If you have as little self-discipline as I have, it's best not to have them, or anything similar, in the house. My HEB's are usually semi-dried apricots or prunes (which I happen to like, but am unlikely to go through a whole pack without noticing!) which go in my lunchbox for mid-morning. I find they're more filling than the low-syn 'treat' bars, too.

I don't buy Hi Fi bars - I bought one box, and then realised they'd all magically disappeared in less than 1 hour. If you have as little self-discipline as I have, it's best not to have them, or anything similar, in the house. My HEB's are usually semi-dried apricots or prunes (which I happen to like, but am unlikely to go through a whole pack without noticing!) which go in my lunchbox for mid-morning. I find they're more filling than the low-syn 'treat' bars, too.

Yes, they are tempting! I don't like dried frruit though and I tend to steer clear of any bread while on SW - as once I've started, I can't stop - a bit like you and the Hifi bars!!!

Well, this morning's WI showed a 1lb GAIN! To say I was gutted was an understatement. Managed to pick myself up enough to stay for group and my C suggested I wasn't having enough HEs and Syns - so she set me a challenge of having both HEs every day and no less than 8 syns per day for this week.

I mentioned the late night Hifi snacking and she said she didn't think it would make a difference at all, but I think I'm going to go back to cereal in the morning and see if that helps.

It's so frustrating listening to others saying 'not sure how I managed to lose 2lbs this week, I ate out twice and drank loads over the weekend!' *sigh*

I'm off out for a curry tomorrow night, so I might allow myself a poppadom!

Hi Hun sorry about the lb gain will soon get it back off :) isn't it annoying when members sit there & say don't know how I've lost 5lbs this week I've had 6 takeaways 4 bottles of wine etc, my c used to say if u haven't lost the weight by following the plan I don't want to hear about it there are members struggling to lose the weight that are 100% its very disheartening for them, used to really get my goat ... Rant over lol have a great weekend xx

Back