DQ in 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh DQ

Loving the poncho and the wool is so chunky and warm. I would love a jumper with a cowl neck knitted in that wool. WHat size pins is the poncho knitted in and what wool is it Chunky or what ???

The wool is Bigga (sirdar) which I got from Kentswool online cos it was on sale - instead of £4 odd per ball, I think I got it for 69p per ball :cool: Knitted up on size 15 needles, and the fringing is the bit that takes the longest :rolleyes:

sorry hun, I thought you had done it ready for next Mothers Day - soz for being a dimbo :eek:

I'm totally inspired with the SS, can't get off the wagon now cos I'm on a roll :D

Poncho looks fabulous:D

Do you crochet as well DQ?

I have started on a cardi/jacket for me to occupy my hands! Crochet though, not knitting. Can't do two needles, I end up getting in such a tiswas.:eek:

A pal asked me to crochet a matinee jacket for her as she couldn't crochet but could knit and when I finished it (after two attempts) I ended up using the pattern to crochet a scarf with some multicoloured wool I had found. One of my girls liked it so much as soon as it was finished she bagged it for herself:p

:eek:My OH was so impressed (doesn't take much obviously) he asked for a scarf for himself. We chose the wool then found I couldn't crochet with it as I could not see the stitches no matter how big a hook I used:rolleyes: Soooo - I gave the wool & a couple of pairs of needles to my mum and so now she's struggling to knit him a scarf with the darned stuff:(

Poncho looks fabulous:D

Do you crochet as well DQ?

I have started on a cardi/jacket for me to occupy my hands! Crochet though, not knitting. Can't do two needles, I end up getting in such a tiswas.:eek:

A pal asked me to crochet a matinee jacket for her as she couldn't crochet but could knit and when I finished it (after two attempts) I ended up using the pattern to crochet a scarf with some multicoloured wool I had found. One of my girls liked it so much as soon as it was finished she bagged it for herself:p

:eek:My OH was so impressed (doesn't take much obviously) he asked for a scarf for himself. We chose the wool then found I couldn't crochet with it as I could not see the stitches no matter how big a hook I used:rolleyes: Soooo - I gave the wool & a couple of pairs of needles to my mum and so now she's struggling to knit him a scarf with the darned stuff:(

The only thing I have ever crocheted was a blanket for my Barbie when I was 9!!! :eek:

:giggle:Bet you made a better job of that than I did with the matinee jacket first time round. When I showed the first attempt to my pal, she laughed so much we had to reach for the Tena!

Should have read your message on my thread before I asked if you could crochet - as always H is leaping before she's looked:D

I told you I'm not letting you have that time off at Christmas....

I know, I know, I know - part of me wants to SS but I'm honestly not sure if I will cope on xmas day without some dinner. It's going to be a quiet one with just me and the girls, so I'm dreading it as it is :(

I don't want to let you down though - you've been a total star.

I know, I know, I know - part of me wants to SS but I'm honestly not sure if I will cope on xmas day without some dinner. It's going to be a quiet one with just me and the girls, so I'm dreading it as it is :(

I don't want to let you down though - you've been a total star.

You don't ever have to worry about letting me down - you know I have much respect for
you and all the things you have dealt with. I'm with ya to help make those decisions, but whatever you decide to do I will respect and try to help :hug99:

You don't ever have to worry about letting me down - you know I have much respect for
you and all the things you have dealt with. I'm with ya to help make those decisions, but whatever you decide to do I will respect and try to help :hug99:

thanks mate, I'll see how I feel nearer the time. I really want to keep going as much as possible as I feel a fall off the wagon will probably be a disaster.

Sending you a massive :hug99: because you are helping me so much and you have enough stuff of your own to deal with.

How is your back lately? I was going to ask you tomorrow.

My back isn't good mate - am suffering a lot at the moment. I had a cold, and every sneeze sends my back into spasms :sick: am very tired, and a little downhearted, but you know me I'll pick myself back up.

Back from the History of Hair show and enjoyed it. Unfortunately it started late, so DH had to take SD home before it had finished. :(

Feeling very weary and done in - sometimes the pain in my back just drags me down, and adding totm to that just seems to have laid waste to me :cry: Back to work tomorrow and I don't feel rested at all. Ah well, gotta keep on going, right?!

Someone just sent me this. Wow! I think this is incredible. Long, but worth it!

------------------

I have a friend who keeps walking into brick walls. Each time she does it, she hurts herself a little bit more. She is convinced that she doesn't know how to stop. She won't talk about why she keeps walking into the walls. She won't talk about anything but actually walking into the brick walls and the injuries it causes. She isn't even sure she wants to stop, but she knows she is hurting herself, at least on some level.

She knows she's different than other people who aren't always walking into brick walls.

My friend is convinced that stopping isn't possible, and even if possible, not something SHE could attain.

All my friend ever talks about is brick walls, walking into them, how to stop, how she can't stop. There is always some crisis about it. Every e-mail, every phone call, or at least the majority of them, are just so negative and filled with brick-walking descriptions and stone-wall obsessions.

I try to encourage my friend to enjoy life... to talk about other things... to tell me WHY she thinks she has to walk into brick walls. She fights me every time. Once in a while I get a peak at something deeper, at some emotion or problem she has, but as soon as it shows, it's back to walking into walls and talking about walking into walls.

I can't imagine that living a life like this is fulfilling to her. She isn't happy. She'll go out of her way to avoid people just so she can walk into walls. She says her therapist can't understand because HE has NEVER walked into a wall in his life, so he can't possibly help her. She gets mad if people put up cushioning so she can't get hurt. She gets mad if people get in her way of walking into a wall. She gets really angry if someone tries to hug her instead of letting her bash her head on brick. And she just won't talk about anything but walking into brick walls and gets annoyed when people encourage her to talk about what's bothering her.

It's really been quite impossible to help her because she won't let anyone help her. She won't listen to anyone's advice. She never considers that she's making a choice to walk into a wall each time she does. I've even heard her blame the wall, like she has no control over whether she walks into it or not. There are people all around us, every day, NOT walking into walls, yet she doesn't consider it's an option.

My friend knows that someday she could walk into a wall and have it kill her. She's convinced she'll never go that far.

I think she wants people to see her bruises, scrapes and lumps. I think she thinks it's like a badge of honor, displaying her inner pain, displaying how unique she is, showing the world she can do whatever the hell she wants. She also gets a lot of attention for it, using it as an excuse why people don't "get" her or that people just feel sorry for her.

It's hard to see anything else but a person who walks into brick walls because that is all she ever shows anyone. I'm even starting to forget who she was BEFORE she started all this.

I have already told her that I will never stop telling her it's not okay to hurt herself this way. She gets mad. She tells me I don't understand. I ask her to make me. She won't. If a day goes by and I don't mention it, she thinks I don't care. Either way, she uses it as an excuse to walk into more walls. It's a no win situation.

I can't help my friend stop this until she wants to stop.
I can't support someone to stop walking into walls if I don't know why they do it.
I don't want it to ruin our friendship, but as you see, it already has. She blames me. She blames the stupid walls. She blames people who don't understand. She blames people who try to.

I think she could stop walking into brick walls if she really wanted to. Matter of fact, I KNOW she could that's how much faith I have in her. I'm angry that she would rather walk into walls than anything else. I'm sad it's consumed her. She doesn't seem to care that I worry. She doesn't want me walking into walls myself, but she's mad that I don't understand. She wants me to tell her it's okay, but we both know it's not. She wants me to stop harping on it, but she won't stop harping on it.

- - - - -

I got a phone call today.

She finally did it. It sounds so sad... that someone actually did this to themselves to the point of death. I can't believe it. I cannot believe she's gone.

I hear the hush-hush whispering of our friends. Can you believe she did this to herself? If only she had asked for help... if only she had told us why maybe we could have done something... if only she had been willing to help herself...

I did everything I could for my friend, but in the end, whether I'd been there or not, it wouldn't have made a difference. To her, anything I said was wrong, because really, she needed to take responsibility for herself. She needed me to be wrong. The more she convinced herself I was, the more she convinced herself she was right. She wasn't willing to challenge her thinking, even though she KNEW it was hurting her in every way possible.

She wasn't willing to say "I'm going to do everything I can to stop walking into brick walls." She wasn't willing to say "I'm going to do as much as I can to stop walking into brick walls. She wasn't even willing to say "I'm going to take some tiny little steps away from walking into brick walls."

She was too quick to blame everyone else, even herself, when blame was never the answer.

All she needed was to give a little and she could have received a lot.

All she needed was to give to herself the same gifts she felt everyone else deserved.

Take care of YOU

Time to refocus again!

Oh lovely

I was feeling sorry for myself too (just like you about your back) about my pain levels with my RA. Thanks for grounding me DQ

Oh thanks for the knitting site link ~ bargain or what

Love your new thingy (whats it called by the way )is it sealife centre ~ looks like it to me. In a former life I used to run a brownie group (I was snowy owl ah) and we went to birmingham sealife centre and then to cadbury world yummy. Oh must take my grandkids they would love both !!!

Speak soon and take care of you and yours

Luv Luv

Shaza

Hi Shaza - it is from Meez, and you can spend hours playing with the clothes and animations!! :cool: Glad you liked the wool site - I must admit that is another place I spend a lot of time browsing :rolleyes: Now if I could just get my arse in gear and lose some weight, that would be good!! :p

Hope your having a good day honey :hug99:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back