Dr Ds True Weight Calculator.

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
When i first started on Dukan I used the calculator and put that I wanted to lost 5st. This would make me exactly 13st. His answer came back that I should be 12st 13lb.

I then re did it when I decided i would go further as I was confident I could do it. It then told me 12st 8lb was my ideal weight.

I've officially been measured today at the doctors and it seems I've shrunk a tiny bit and am now 5ft 7in. So using that I re did the calculator and now it says I should weight 12st 7lb.

I really don't understand why it changes, 1in shouldn't make a huge difference but at the same time I don't want to be in the 12s, I want to be in the 11s. Two seperate sites i used say my ideal should be between 121-160lb which equate to 8.9 - 11.6.

Those of you that have already reached TW, was it a weight you set or one that he set.

if your weight was different to what the site said, did you achieve it ok, or struggle towards the end.

Excellent questions there. I glanced at your profile, but don't see your age on it.

This is just my personal point of view, based on many many years of dieting (and many of Dukan dieting too!).

The Dukan true weight calculator takes into account many factors normal weight/height tables don't. Such as one's dieting history, age, number of pregnancies, etc. I personally totally ignored his target weight for me, got below without too much problem while on cruise, but then could never consolidate that lower weight. (I have behavioural issues too which play their part but I believe I weighed "my target weight" for one day - then I had a gala meal and have been struggling ever since!). Also, I personally have problems with his question ref what weight can I maintain easily without too much effort. I've never maintained any weight in my life! Just putting different weights in that category changes the result.

Perhaps the calculator is set to give people higher target weights when they first set out at hefty weights so that it seems less of a journey, and then if you redo the calculator weighing less (even if you put in your start weight) to reduce it to a more accurate weight ish... but I think these things become clear as you near your target weight.

As we near target weight, one question would be: how much effort am I prepared to put in to maintain my new weight (not just on the food front, but also on the exercise front)...

At the end of the day, it's just numbers... trust your eyes (or rather the eyes of your nearest and dearest, as we dieters seem to have distorted vision!)

I was set a TW of 12stone by Dr Dukan and I really felt it was too much so set my own TW of 10st 12..... But as I wrote on your page, I originally would have been happy at 13stone!!! Rambling aside, I think the dear Dr was correct that I should be 12 stone but gonna set that as my TOP allowable weight and aim to be around 11stone 2 lb. A lot of people commented I looked gaunt at 10st 12! it is hard as my ideal weight by NHS guidelines would probably be 10 stone!!!! MAIN aim for me really is to maintain a weight!!!!! Easier said than done for me!!! LOL!

My target weight is 11st but true weight is 10st 13 even though it is such a small difference I put in my target of 11st as I know it is an achievable and more importantly maintainable weight for me I also look slim enough for my satisfaction. I have never recalculated my TW as I thought it may move the goal posts and I didn't want to confuse myself and make me doubt the target weight I had set. Having said that I may try and lose a couple more lbs (as long as it isn't a major struggle) just to give myself a buffer zone.

thanks for that everyone, I'm 45, I only did the recalculate the first time because I was going to try and lose more based on the fact the diet was working, and originally I was scared at the thought of trying to lose 6.5 stone....so 5 stone seemed a better figure. The second recalculate was because I hadn't really seen how long it was supposed to take me.

Joanne, that was my main worry, that if I set a target too low I won't be able to keep it and achieve long term with it. I have struggled with my weight for so many years and I have finally found something that works for me. I know what you mean about putting in the effort to maintain for life, I don't ever want to go back to how I was.

I think I will just keep going until I seem to have stalled for a couple of weeks, and then try to maintain that weight. Who knows what it will be LOL.

I think I will just keep going until I seem to have stalled for a couple of weeks, and then try to maintain that weight. Who knows what it will be LOL.

Yes I think our bodies tells us when it's time to move onto Conso... :)

Back