Week One -7 lbs
Week Two -3 lbs
Week Three - No loss
Week Four -2 lbs
Week Five -4 lbs
Week Six - No loss

19 lbs to go

Right

In 2010 I lost 2.5 stone in 4 months on a low carb diet. It wasn't strictly Atkins, just mainly low starch which was derived from my Dad who is a chef. I saw very quick results from him and I turned out the same way.

After 4 months I hit a 4 week plateau of not losing or gaining even a pound. I figured I should switch to a calorie controlled diet to get the ball rolling. This worked as of the next day, and soon lost another 10 pounds.

Since then I've tried to keep calorie limit to around 2000-2500 (as I'm a guy) but it doesn't seem to work with my day job (long hours driving and not very active), so it crept back on.

So as of yesterday I'm back on low-carb. I'll try and keep this up to date with any bargains / offers and whatnot I see in the shops. It'll most likely be things like Cheesestrings and Babybel but it works for me :)

Anyway. I'll report back next Monday or before on first week progress.

Pete

Last edited:
Hi and welcome Drasim

I think you'll really like Atkins, blokes seem to lose weight fast on it (bah humbug lol). Have a good read of the stickies, especially the Just Recipes and Low Carb Shopping list - and ask any questions, everyone here is very friendly and will do their best to help :)

Susie

welcome aboard!

as said, the guys do great on atkins, just seems to suit them. and as you are sitting a lot in your job, that doesn't help, but atkins seems to work anyway.
all the best!

Hi Pete, and welcome mate

Hello and welcome. If you follow the rules it will work! I'm still grumpy with DH - in 4 months he has hit goal, can't stop losing and has added fruit, biscuits and donuts to cope!! ;)

Good luck

Thanks all for the welcome - much appreciated.

First week gone and it went fine. I had a couple of days where I didn't have time to get lunch, but tried to make up for it slightly by drinking water which I keep in the car.

Not had a great deal of veg - probably about 2 days of the 7 I had some salad. I'm not a great veggie fan so it's hard work for me ;) Did go back to Morrisons on Saturday for breakfast which I haven't done since I left low carb last year.

Breakfast I've been having 1/2 MIM , usually with a cream cheese frosting I made to turn it into a mini cake!

Lunch has been varied, because I've been on the road. Usually whatever I find in those expensive corner shops - pork scratchings, pepperami, cheesestrings.

Dinner - well 2 nights I had mixed kebab, steak another night, burger with all the trimmings yesterday, and others were just whatever I had that I had time to pick on - usually microwaved cheese (until crispy) with some mayo as it's quite filling.

So this week I made MIMs and Oopsie rolls for the first time - and to be fair I probably couldn't do this diet without them, or the cream cheese frosting! I was so fed up of pepperami and babybel / cheesestrings last year because I was struggling to find decent recipes online. I'd normally cycle the same dinners every few days. Thankfully I managed to find a decent site with a load of low carb recipes before I started this time so I'm good to go!

No cravings this week...all good.

So..... 7 lbs gone in first week

Last edited:
Well done on the 6lb loss, you seem to be doing great

Well done on the loss, Pete - I think loads of water is half the secret :) Check out the Just Recipes sticky, lots of good ideas there.

Maybe try some of the following -

- chilli mince with cabbage
- chicken pieces with lettuce and mayo
- pork belly pieces, roasted, with pak choi
- lamb curry (lamb pieces fried, then sprinkle some curry powder over and give it a good coating) with lettuce

:)

Well done Pete that's a good loss. I like raw white cabbage instead of lettuce sometimes as it's got more substance (no prep either, just slice it up lol)

Hi Pete, well done mate :D

Well done on the loss, Pete - I think loads of water is half the secret :) Check out the Just Recipes sticky, lots of good ideas there.

Maybe try some of the following -

- chilli mince with cabbage
- chicken pieces with lettuce and mayo
- pork belly pieces, roasted, with pak choi
- lamb curry (lamb pieces fried, then sprinkle some curry powder over and give it a good coating) with lettuce

:)

Thanks for those ideas! I did have the lamb curry last night, although I roasted the lamb first, then fried with some Sainsburys Korma sauce - I think per 100g it was 5g carbs, and I only had 3 tablespoons of it. Chilli mince might have to be on the menu this week though!

Well done. You have made a great start! Do you feel good too?

Thanks - at the moment I feel much better than when I did low carb last year - I'm definitely not as moody anyway! (apparently) - although this morning I told my boss that I'm back on low carb and he asked me not to turn into a monster this time :)

Well done Pete that's a good loss. I like raw white cabbage instead of lettuce sometimes as it's got more substance (no prep either, just slice it up lol)

Nice :) I'm not a great fan of cabbage, but I'll have it if need be - but I do really like Sauerkraut!

Also thanks cokes and Jim for encouragement :)

Not sure if this is the right thread to post on so forgive me if it isnt !! I have been losely doing Atkins since January and have managed to lose about 3 stone - but im stuck!! Need some motivation to get on with it and lose again. Any ideas to give me a good kick start??

Not sure if this is the right thread to post on so forgive me if it isnt !! I have been losely doing Atkins since January and have managed to lose about 3 stone - but im stuck!! Need some motivation to get on with it and lose again. Any ideas to give me a good kick start??

Hiya...welcome!

The same thing happened to me. At the time I think I was slowly having more carbs without realising, but it also may have been down to lack of exercise. If you could post more about what you're eating, or maybe if you've starting eating something new since you hit the plateau - might be able to help you out

Hi all,

Not been on here much last few days - it's been a long week!

Well, last week went well, although I found myself drinking more fizzies rather than water, which I'm going to stop doing on this third week.

Unfortunately I've had stuff going on at home which has had me pre-occupied since Thursday, so I've not been eating much, and definitely haven't cooked for myself. Living off MIMs and Mock Danish probably isn't the best thing for me.

Anyway....another 3 lbs gone this week - which takes the total up to 10 in the first two weeks.

25 lbs to go!

Geat stuff - well done

Morning Drasim, well done on the loss

Just a quick jot down of my findings so far.

Large quantities of 7up free - not good. (4 litres over weekend) may have stalled losses over last 5 days.

Had first hot dog style sausage since last low carb run last year. Never again...think having them a lot last time put me off. Still feel ugh.

Have gone through at least 1 egg a day in various recipes...
Mock danish is just brilliant! Filling yet sweet...

Definitely seen more losses when having veg. Problem is just convincing myself to eat it (never been a big fan)

All in all a good run so far....i will confess i always have weighed in every day purely to keep a close eye on progress. My mind is well trained not to be disappointed in gains! Unfortunately might not have a loss to report on Monday...but at least I've learned to put down the 7-up free!

Sorry for the rambling...its more of a reminder for me :)

Last edited:
Back