Dreams and what they mean.....

PMSL!

The dream is always very similar to this, last night I dreamt that me and this bloke were in a queue for something, we knew each other but for some reason we were ignoring each other's presence.

Suddenly he becomes ill and starts sicking up everywhere (this is not consistent in every dream but something big always happens i.e. in another dream a flood came from nowhere and we had to run from it).

I go over to see if he's alright, suddenly it cuts to him and me and, for instance last night, I asked if he was ok and then he was holding me tight, I was snuggling my face into his big grey sweater and thinking how happy I was, it's so weird because I can feel it all, I can smell his sweater etc, it seems SO real! It's always something quite innocent like that, nothing filthy (unfortunately!)

OK well the obvious interpretation is that I have feelings for this bloke, which is true - but is there another meaning? It's a lush dream, really sets me up for the day lol!

I'm not in any way a pro at this but having been bothered with recurring dreams and finding out the meanings myself I will hazard a guess.
I can't help feeling that you are somewhat dissatisfied with your current situation and therefore hoping for that Knight in shining armour to rescue you. Perhaps you should do something about it yourself if that is so. The changing circumstances in the dream may be that it doesn't matter what happens as long as something does. The fact that it gives you a boost for the day seems to bare that out.

(PS. What does PMSL mean?)

I've already "conquered" my dream.
It went like this - I would see a full moon sitting on a fence or anywhere, which had a grinning face rather like the Cheshire cat in Alice. It was very haunting and I would wake up in a great sweat.
It stemmed from an event when as a young child we had been to the seaside for the day and on reaching home everyone had gone indoors and left me asleep on the back seat of the car. The first thing I saw on awaking was this full moon and at that time there was a popular story about "The man in the moon" and a picture of the moon with a grinning face. I was so frightened that I screamed and screamed till I was taken indoors. Ever since that time I would have this awful dream and have had a phobia about seeing the moon.
Now I expect you are thinking - well, that's straight forward especially as I know the event. But it's not! I was from a very difunctional family and through lots of disturbing events from then right through to my married life this dream continued. When I eventually took hold of my emotions and my life situations then the dream dissappeared.

I used to remember mine really well but lately not so good.

All I remember about my last one (please bear in mind I'm a big star trek fan)

I was with some of the crew of the Enterprise (the one with Patrick Stewart / Jean-Luc Picard).Tasha Yar (a character who died in the first series for those that don't know) was there along with some of the other crew, I remember something about people being hurt, and me being burnt on the back around and down the middle, and someone saying they would take a look at it, and me saying it wasn't that bad (I don't much like Doctors in real life) any-who woke up shortly after that...

Would it help to mention I was playing with the neighbours cat outside, the night of this dream. There cat is called Tasha

Yeah I know weird and not much to go on, but better then most of my dreams. I have a weird fear of dying and aeroplanes and often dream about those things (though not usually in the same dream)

Sometimes I dream about my life and how time is going by so fast and I don't have long left to live, other times I dream about going somewhere on a plane, yet strangely enough I'm not as scared as in real life, though I am still scared. Dreams are such weird things, always wondered why we don't just close ours eyes then the next second wake up as if nothing happened, and no time had passed (minus the dreams).

Hi Zebredy, I think you will find that according to all those "experts" we need to dream as it helps to sort out things that we may have hidden in our subconcious.
In my humble opinion it seems that you are very disatisfied with the way your life is going and you need to get a focus on something that is important to you and not waste time doodling your life away.Perhaps your dream about being burnt is that you are rather frightened to take any steps to DO something as you might end up regretting it. You will never know unless you try and after all we are only here for a short time so make the most of it.
I am not a great flier but I refuse to let my fears stop me from doing things I want to do and have been to Greece and Jerusalem plus my regular visits over to I reland to see my daughter. Sometimes I have sat and cried on the plane because my nerves have been bad but hey! Never say die!!:D

A small amount of manageable debt, a hubby who works all hours godsend for us, and me without a permanent job, I look and look and look, but sometimes I think what's the point, I'll probably screw it up again, or they won't understand that I suffer from migraines and get at least one ever 3-5 weeks, occasionally 2-3 in a week (touch wood I've only had two miner ones this year, linked to sitting to close to telly playing game cube games which I can no longer do:( )

Sometimes I do think my fears control me when I know damn well they shouldn't

Thanks for that. Does make more sense now...

Last edited:
A small amount of manageable debt, a hubby who works all hours godsend for us, and me without a permanent job, I look and look and look, but sometimes I think what's the point, I'll probably screw it up again, or they won't understand that I suffer from migraines and get at least one ever 3-5 weeks, occasionally 2-3 in a week (touch wood I've only had two miner ones this year, linked to sitting to close to telly playing game cube games which I can no longer do:( )

Sometimes I do think my fears control me when I know damn well they shouldn't

Thanks for that. Does make more sense now...
Do you take anything for the migraines? I'm sure you most probably do and I well know how frustrating it can be as I used to get them very frequently myself. I then tried some tissue salts that you get from a health store. Feverfew was another thing and I actually bought this tiny vial of Feverfew essence which I had to put on my tongue just one drop every morning until it was finished and found I didn't get another migraine for yonks.I presume you are aware that there are also medications that you can get when you feel an attack is imminent that will help too.
I do hope you are able to get something sorted. All the very best to you.

Do you take anything for the migraines? I'm sure you most probably do and I well know how frustrating it can be as I used to get them very frequently myself. I then tried some tissue salts that you get from a health store. Feverfew was another thing and I actually bought this tiny vial of Feverfew essence which I had to put on my tongue just one drop every morning until it was finished and found I didn't get another migraine for yonks.I presume you are aware that there are also medications that you can get when you feel an attack is imminent that will help too.
I do hope you are able to get something sorted. All the very best to you.

Thanks. I used to take stuff, have tried loads of different things over the years but I used to find that I got as many migraines taking the medication as I did when I wasn't taking the prescribed medication. Now I just use nurofen when I think one is coming and that seems to help some what.

I have an interview with an agency in Upminster tomorrow, hopefully they can find me a job local to me. They have been very helpful in the past so fingers crossed.

Back