Dress For Wedding Help Please

Wish

Silver Member
Hi all

I am really stuck, I need a dress for a wedding I am going to in August, I would like something long as my legs are vile and I think Gok Wan says if you have a big tum and arse wrap over style is the best. I have trawled Ebay and can't find anything I have looked at Yours and Curvissa and cannot find anything suitable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am between an 18 and 20 at the moment, but hope to be a slim 18 by the time this wedding comes around.

Any style advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks lovelies:D

Try Matalan on line maxi dresses they have some really cool things and so reasonably priced.

I was shocked at the low, low prices for affordable clothes.

If you have more dosh to spend try Monsoon.

Try Matalan on line maxi dresses they have some really cool things and so reasonably priced.

I was shocked at the low, low prices for affordable clothes.

If you have more dosh to spend try Monsoon.

I agree with Matalan, I got my dress for my kids christening there, it wasn't long (just below knee) but they are great quality & not expensive either.

Also if you get something plain you can accessorise it nice jewellry, a wrap etc..

Have fun X

Im in the same position, and HELLO!!! How the hell are you? Was wondering where you got to!

I have a wedding to go to in September, and I need something thats flattering and girly, which I am not... I shall check out Matalan. Thanks x

Im in the same position, and HELLO!!! How the hell are you? Was wondering where you got to!

I have a wedding to go to in September, and I need something thats flattering and girly, which I am not... I shall check out Matalan. Thanks x

Hiyas hun:flirt2:

WOW! Look at your weight loss, amazing hun, well done, so wish I could stick to it, I just can't am crap at losing weight, destined to be a lardie forever I think!

I'm not too bad thanks, sorry I haven't been around, lots of stuff going on etc:rolleyes: I need something flattering and girly too, its proving a nightmare as I don't feel either:sigh:

I just checked out the Matalan website out thanks, but nothing there that seems dressy enough for what I am looking for, thanks though, as there are some nice bits for everyday wear on there and I didn't know it existed:D

Pfft, no such thing as cant. You can, and you will, just need to get your mojo back. If I can do it and I am the original lardass, you surely can.

Dont worry about where you been, just glad to see you back!

I had this problem just over a week ago. I tried so many dresses on it was unreal. The better fits and styles I found for being on the larger side were kaleidoscope and next. I ended up wearing a stunning kaleidoscope long maxi dressed, fully lined really pretty colours (I have it on in my profile piccie) for £20 as the girl wore it once for a wedding. I also bought two next maxi dresses that are a patterned jersey material and they hang beautifully. I also with my birthday money bought the black and white maxi aztec design maxi dress which is on the kaleidoscope site at the moment. Looks stunning on and hangs lovely. Its in the sale at the moment at £30 with 15% off or something

What about....

Or...

Both from ASDA (I saw these online) and each cost £20 - you could easily accessorise with chunky necklace, bangles, clutch bag and strappy flats - perfect for dancing all night - and then a colour coordinated pashmina for when it gets a bit chillier! The first dress goes up to a size 18 and this one a 22 - I think they're both lovely and may think about getting one myself!!! xxx

xxx

you didn't say not black so thought I would share this one from dorothy perkins the style is really flattering I have something similar but shorter I wore it over black trousers and got lots of compliments on it, they have a 10% off code on their facebook page too, they have lots of dresses at the moment I don't really like patterns on myself but this one is quite pretty and this one is on sale I ♥ dorothy perkins lots off my clothes come from their. Hugs Crystal xx

Dorothy perkins have loads of lovely dresses online at the minute. 20% off code for today only is DPSC20

Thanks everyone:) Will update when I have onex

Back