dress size ?

lady24

Silver Member
Hello everyone, new starter here, on lipotrim! :D

I was on the cambridge diet a couple of years ago i lost 2 stone and didnt budge 1 dress size, ive read that 1 stone lost = minus 1 dress size( but not in my case :confused: ) im curious to know if alot of you drop a size with every stone you lose, or does it vary?

jodie :)

i've read that too, but last time on this i went from 15st 10lbs (size 16 bottom half, slightly tight) to 12st 2lbs (size 14 bottomhalf, slightly loose) 3.5 sone 1.5 dress size! i'm now 17st 10lbs and size 18 (slightly loose) on bottom and size 14 (good fit) on top! So at my heaviest now 17st10lbs to lightest 12st2lbs 5.5 stone difference only 2 dress sizes!!!!!! I think some people just carry weight "well", (no matter what i weigh i tend to keep an "hourglass" shape lol just a wider hourglass than average) but on the flip side you have to lose alot to see difference dress size wise! Sorry i know i'm rambling but it makes it easy to gain weight too cause you don't notice your clothes getting tight!!!!!!! lol rant over:)

Last edited:
I was over 16st and wore size 18 bottoms, squeezed into them, and 18 tops. I lost over 4st and only went to size 16 bottoms, baggy but could only just squeeze into 14 and size 14, nice fit tops. I never drop huge dress sizes so you are not on your own!!

i think it all just depends on what kinda frame you have , me ( pear shape) so my butt n that massive compaired to top half lol

last time i lost 5 stone and came down 5/6 dress sizes from an 18 to an 8/10 ..exercising had a lot to do with it tho i believe :) minus one pot belly lol

h x

Last time i lost 8 stone and went to a 26(tight) to a size 12! In 7 months. im currently 15 stone 11 and a size 20 (tight) lol so i think it differs in everyone.
Im hoping i can get to a 14-16 before 28th may lol fingers crossed!
Good luck xxx

I lost 8st and went from a 22 on the bottom to a 14 (4 dress sizes) and from a 18/20 on top to a 12/14 .... (3 dress sizes)

So as a rule of thumb 1st doesnt equate to 1dress size loss. Everyone's body shape is different, everyone loses weight in different places at different times so you should just go with the flow.

i am a size 16 jeans and nearly 18 stone... ok the jeans are big fitting

I have lost just over 6 and a half stones, and I have dropped 5 sizes (bottom) but only about 3 on top. Like others have said, it varies from each person, also people tend to lose weight from different parts of their bodies

Clair x

Hiya!

It really depends all on your body shape!

When I weigh 14 stone im a size 14 - 16

when I weigh 11 stone im a size 12 - 14.

well i guess if i dont drop a size after a couple of stone its no biggy ... the weight will be coming off somewhere so im happy :)

oh could someone be so kind as to tell me how i get my pic up as my avatar? only when i try it gives me no option to choose any picture, is it to do with being new here? not sure if there was like a 24 hour wait befor you could upload one

thanks x

You have to do so many posts before you can put a pic up!

Just went to check and it's 20 posts so get posting!! lol

before my first LT i was a 26. after losing 50lb i was a size 20(ish).
since i've put back on most of what i lost (all but 6lb) i've only gone back up to a 24

You have to do so many posts before you can put a pic up!

Ahhh..thanks for that I was wondering. I even emailed the webmaster... but no reply. Well, threads.. here I come!:cool:

I'm with everyone else on this one. I guess we are all different and drop dress sizes and weight at varying degrees. I know I was down a good three stone before I noticed a real difference in sizes. Now at amost five stones down I am about four sizes smaller.

Back