Dress sizes

Just had a quick read of the thread and Thats so unfair stating 10lb is a dress size:sigh:

I could be a 14 on thebottom but due to my boobs ifi want a dress off the hanger im loking at a size 18 minimum.

I would love to ge into a size 16 top at least id be able to shop in Jane Norman..swoon.

I think we are greatly diferent and are expectations should always be are own. IN ourhearts we know are selves better than any of these fantasy writters.

Hope your all doing brilliant onwards and downwards :)

I totally agree with this

My jeans and trousers are so baggy its not nice however I went shopping today to buy some new ones and size 16s were still too tight :cry:but the bottoms I have at the moment are 18's and are too big :confused: I think they most definitely have stretched.

I just want to be able to go into a shop and pick up a size 16 jeans or trousers and for them to fit and be comfortable and then I'll be heading for my size 14 Topshop bottoms - my main goal.

Slight update - I picked up a pair of size 16 jeans in New Look yesterday took them home and guess what I'm wearing today, well apart from a smile that is :D

I'm proof that you can get there, now to get on with the size 14's ;)

I think generally it does depend on you. I tend to lose it all of my waist and bum first so the clothes I wear still fit on my bust, thighs and hips but end up with baggy belly and baggy backside!

Which I must admit looks hideous! It's very hard to target certain areas even with specific exercise to tone in certains area.

My theory is to go with the flow even if I look like a scab whos clothes dont fit right! :)

Slight update - I picked up a pair of size 16 jeans in New Look yesterday took them home and guess what I'm wearing today, well apart from a smile that is :D

I'm proof that you can get there, now to get on with the size 14's ;)

You made me smile I'm now full with inspiration, thanks xx :)

Yesterday i got into a jasper Conran 18:eek::eek::eek:. I tried it on just for the fun or depression of it and i was gobsmacked.

It had a zip only from hip to bra line so was supposed to be fitted.

It was to roomy around the arm pits, fitted my boobs, and my belly but i didnt like the belly bump anyway.

But im very shocked, i usually do Evans, Bon Marsh, Debenhams, Wallis.

Wouldnt mind an outfit out of he norm.:rolleyes: Now to raid the piggy bank. Not yet thou another 2 to 3 months. Then hopefully the finishing line will be my starting gun....to shop!!!;)

I for the moment am seriously considering buying dresses to suit mybust then have my friend who's a dab hand with a sewin machine do a wee nip and tuck job on the waist!!! Basically this is coz I'm very confused as to my size so everything always has to be tried on before I buy! I'm an hourglass and yeah it's fantastic that with the stone and a half off me u can start to see my shape again but I'm still an 18 tho sumtimes a 20 on my chest-yet my waist is closer to a 16 but my hips and ass mean i sumtimes need an 18 r an 18 cud be hangin off me and look desperate plus to add to the mix sum 16's are too tight but then sum 16's can be loose!!!! So frustrating esp that iv two weddings plus my sons communion coming up very soon and iv yet to go in search of outfits-the thoughts of all the changing and tryin on just fills me with dread

I went to matalan yesterday to get a few things what a palaver in and out of changing rooms finally decided on a pair of trousers which were a lovely fit but a devil to find as only a 27 leg and 3 tops two of which were on offer at £10 for two only to be charged £7 for each of the them at till as I didn't have a matalan card needless to say voiced my disaproval and told them to keep them as all it said on the rail was as advertised so back to the drawing board . Can't wait to lift a 14 from the rail and no it will fit but in all honesty how do they expect to do business when they turn away custom. The least they could have done was offer to sign me up for a card. Oh well rant over!!!

it also depends on whether when you started you were kidding yourself on your dress size and squeezing into the size below or had just stretched your clothes a little lol
LOL - totally true. I kidded myself for ages that I was a 20 (by buying baggy trousers) when in reality I was a LARGE 22 bottom, although a 20 top!

10lbs a dress size???!!! I wish -
Me too curvesncurls - I should have dropped 4 sizes! But have only managed 2 and a bit off the bottom and 1 off the boobs!

Size is sort of irrelevant really! It depends on your height, build, shape etc etc.
There are people on this thread that are the same height as me, weigh more than me, but take a smaller size.

I'm 5'7 but have a big frame (honestly - you can work it out by measuring your wrist!) so even when I weighed just over 9 st MANY years ago a size 12 was tight.

My pounds are all going from places that don't affect clothing size that much. Bingo wings and thighs getting slimmer - no longer got fat, podgy hands and wrists (I can see bones again and my wedding ring keeps falling off!) - and my cheek bones have reemerged after 10 years in hibernation!

When I get to my target weight, if I can get into a size 16 I'll be well pleased!

What I'm trying to say is that it's different for everyone so don't put TOO much emphasis on your size - just keep clocking up the pounds!

Hope this helps!

If it were 10lbs a dress size I should be at least 12 sizes bigger, counting down to where I know I'm a 12!

I've gone from a size 28/30 to a size 14.......when i started this plan I dreamt of getting to a size 18! Now feels like have been a 14 for ages and I'd so love to get into the 12's before I stop losing and start maintaining but it doesn't seem to be happening!
Am pretty happy with where I am though really! :)
Well done Emsie - Century Club is FANTASTIC! Seeing people get there really spurs me on so thanks for the inspiration!

I always have to buy a size bigger for my bottom half - I am a size 14 on the bottom and a size 12 on the top now..

I would like to get back to a size 8-10 on the bottom and a size 8 on the top!

At a stone lighter than I am now I can do just that so 7lbs is a dress size for me!

Having lost about 2 1/2 stones, I haven't properly gone down even ONE size! =( I went into crisp yesterday and tried on a 14 jean and it wouldn't get past my knees! So gutted, but the 16's are alot looser, just not enough to get into a 14 in normal shops yet!

I've gone from a size 28/30 to a size 14.......when i started this plan I dreamt of getting to a size 18! Now feels like have been a 14 for ages and I'd so love to get into the 12's before I stop losing and start maintaining but it doesn't seem to be happening!
Am pretty happy with where I am though really! :)

wow well done, when i get a minute tonight im going to try and read your diary for more inspiration.

Well done Emsie - Century Club is FANTASTIC! Seeing people get there really spurs me on so thanks for the inspiration!
Thankyou :) it really is possible xxx

wow well done, when i get a minute tonight im going to try and read your diary for more inspiration.
Thanks I din't start my diary until this year so theres not much in it I think its rather boring lol but if it helps inspire you then thats fab xxx

Back