Dress sizes....

Deezer

Gold Member
Oh my god....

To a certain extent i liked it when i could only buy from Evans (Well... not really)

However.... i am a crap shopper.... and i never have time to try on... And don't sizes in shops vary.... I've been told that Next are pretty true to sizes....

I have found in Evans i can always get in the size smaller, i'm sure this is a ploy for us bigger girls to think we are smaller than we are...

I have also been told that New look are a bit tight with there sizes... lol...

Just wondering if the size 18 jeans i bought from Peacocks will be about right/small or large for an 18....

Or should i just stop being silly and always make tie to try stuff on!!!??? Lol...

I used to be the same and hated trying stuff on, avoided it at all costs !! Soon enough Grasshopper you will love trying things on, i can't get enough of it now lol

Next sizes are much much smaller, new look are just a tiny bit bigger in sizes maybe half an inch/an inch :)
Go for it, try stuff on and treat yourself, you deserve to :D
If you'd rather not spend ages trying different sizes on in shops, measure your hips and just compare sizes on the shops websites 'size charts' and find your true size that way xx

I think it depends on your body shape. I would say next are pretty good, New look depending on label are smallish. Peacocks skirts are big sized but tops are for people with no chests etc

Dress sizes vary and there is a lot of vanity sizing- I usually end up bringing 3 different sizes into the changing room until I get used to the shop then it's just two!! The cut of the clothes has a lot to do with it to.

The trick is not to get bogged down on labels I at the moment fit in everything from a 6-12 depending on the shop (I even have a blue dress size 4 talk about vanity sizing!!!! I'd say it's a loose 8 really)

Thanks girls.... i think i just need to make more time to shop!!! To try stuff on.... Mwah ha ha!!!

Yeah shops are strange, I currently fit into a saturn fitted Drama Queen dress from debenhams size 20, I also fit size 20 in next but I just bought a size 20 fitted Dorothy Perkins dress and it won't even zip up, but then just bought a size 18 river island skirt! Strange egh?

Back