Dress Sizes

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
At the point of sounding possibly quite annoying....

When can I expect to drop a dress size

I'm 5ft 5inches and I weigh currently 15st 1lbs (2lb loss this week lol ;-) ) so I'm a size 18 in jeans a 18/16 in top to e fair I'm pretty evenly distributed wen it comes to weight although maybe a little bit more weight around tummy naturally ;-)

So how much do you guys lose to drop a dress size???

I'm dying to be 14st 7lbs as that will then mean I'm back to my smallest weight that i was once in the last 6years and then I will set my next target

I'm so happy I lost 2 this week and admittedly my jeans and tops are feeling looser but when can I expect to dive into the next clothes size lol

Any advice welcome be lovely to hear your shape and size changing stories xxx

Well done on your weight loss this week :)
I have lost 2st 6lbs + dropped 2 dress sizes so far + I would say after my first stone -stone + a half off I fitted comfortably in a size 16 though originally the size 18's were getting tight! I think it depends on the individual. getting into a size down is a great feeling, keep going I'm sure it won't be long!

the smaller you get, the less difference in weight between the sizes. It was a good 2 stone between size 22 and size 20, and again between size 20 and 18. Now it's speeding up a bit.

Of course, the other unhelpful thing is that different people shrink at different weights.

The difference between sizes are more inches for the bigger sizes. For example, between a 10 and 12 it's an inch and a half. Between a 20 and a 22 it's 3 inches or even a bit more. So the bigger you are, the more you'll have to lose to drop a size but like spangles said, it speeds up as you get into smaller sizes.

My mum always said a stone = a dress size.
I've not had the opportunity to try that out yet, but I'd imagine it would be a bit more than a stone for the larger dress sizes.

I remember reading that studies have shown that a 10lb loss roughly equals a dress size but i have lost 2 stone and have really only dropped 1 size as i started a size 18 and am now a 16, i could maybe squeeze into a size 14 jeans (with a huge muffin top of course) but there is no way i could even attempt a size 14 top, so maybe it only works when you are in the smaller sizes 6-12 :(.

Tracyx

Back