Dressings and sauces?

Bellevie

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend any yummy sauces or dressings that are syn free or low syn?

I do make my own dressing using low-fat yoghurt as a base and am also happy just with a splash of balsamic but I really LOVE sweet chilli & garlic sauce, and when I'm busy like nice ready-made rich flavoured dressings so need some alternative ideas.

Been a while since I did SW and haven't officially gone back to class next week (waiting for next Weds to come round!) and am massively out of touch with what's out there and what's good.

What are your favourites? Please share :)

Thanks, B

Tiger Tiger do a delicious Red Thai salad dressing that is 1 syn per tablespoon which is made with chillies, garlic and vinegar:D

Hellmans fat free vinagrette dressing 0 syns.
Tabasco -0 syns
can mix both and/or add sweetener for chilli/sweet chilli sauce.
soy sauce-0 syns.
I have a recipe for syn free ketchup if you want it.
Do a mini mins search for red onion chutney-fab recipe. I did put one on for very low syn mango chutney a while ago so you can search that if you want to.
English Provender brand cranberry sauce is 0 syns too.

Hi all, thanks for the info and ideas! Feel much better now as far less likely to sabotage myself now I have some alternatives!

Louisedan, definitely yes to the ketchup recipe ... the weekend means a big SW breakfast for me so will need lots of ketchup for my egg and chips : )

Thanks again, B

Back