Dressings on salads on 790?

T

Treacle

Are you allowed any and if so what? I'm sure I read you can have the fat free salad type dressing but are you allowed anything else? Thanks

Hi Treacle

The only dressing i have had is balsamic vinegar, it low in fat, calories and carbs. Just a bit though.
How many weeks have4 you been on the 790 plan.

Jo.

I noticed that FryLight have introduced a caesar salad spray with 1 cal per spray. Don't know if it's allowed but I don't see how 1 or 2 sprays could hurt.

I have been using Sainsburys Honey & Mustard low fat dressing, not zero fat - but my weight loss has been good.

In the book it says anything 1% fat or less is counted as fat free. Marks do a french one that is 1% fat and Sainsbury's do a balsamic one that is 1% fat in their good for you range. I think blasamic vinegar by itslef is ok too.

Be careful of the balsamic vinegar, many of the cheaper ones contain loads of sugar which turns in to carbs x

Be careful of the balsamic vinegar, many of the cheaper ones contain loads of sugar which turns in to carbs x

I looked at that early days and thought they were too high to use, so I stayed away.

Some of the other dressings contain citric acid too.

I have been using Sainsburys Honey & Mustard low fat dressing, not zero fat - but my weight loss has been good.

Good to hear that leehal coz i do like that one ~ have been using it myself in my first week of 790. My meals tend to be fairly plain, basically chicken or tuna with lettuce & cucumber, with a dash or two of honey & mustard dressing :bliss:without that it would be really boring.

Domino - I have had lettuce every night for 70+ days, the dressing certainly does mask the taste !

I have tried a couple of the Kraft dressings which are 0% fat, but moved back to the Sainsburys one in the end.

Back