Dressings on SS PLUS

What dressings can you have, I have a Thousand Island Weight watchers 0 points dressing, will that be ok?

I'm afraid you aren't allowed any dressings on SS Plus. If you really need a bit of sauce over your add a meal, all I can suggest is making up a CD soup with less water.

Hi Heather you are oly allowed fatfree dressings.I use the Kraft vingerette one but make sure it says Fat Fee.A dash of balsamic vinegar can be ok on veggies for a change.You can also use seasonings and herbs but no salt - Tesco do a few more Fat Free ones i have been told by someone else on this site, but sadly i am having trouble getting any locally. Also you can have Boullion a t-spoon a day i make it as a type of cup a soup, but i read on another thread of a lady using it like a gravy. Hope that helps :0)

Hi Heather sorry just realised you are SS'ing, i am trying to find my booklet to confirm but typically cant lay my hands on it.Have you not got the yellow handbook ?? I am sure it tells you on the SS + page under the list of foods what you can have.

Heather Hi again.Just found my book its the pink/Blue one called' The Cambridge Sole Source Programme' - On page its says Under the header SS= meals " No added salt should be used but flavours can be enhanced by the use of calorie free dressings and seasonings.Avoid oil based dressings and those containing fat." Just wanted to make sure i had not given you the wrong info :0)

Oh I'm wrong then. Sorry. I don't have the pink and blue booklet, only the yellow one. I'll ask my CSC for one tomorrow as I am thinking of doing SS Plus too.

I would check with your CDC, fat free dressings will probably have sugar in them, in fact fat free products tend to have more sugar in than normal products, so may knock you out of ketosis.

I don't know if it's allowed or not, but I detest undressed salad, but I do like it with a splash of balsamic vinegar. There must be some sugar in it as it's sweeter than normal wine vinegar, but I use less than a quarter of a tsp and only have it a couple of times a week, so I feel happy with that choice.

Back