Dressings/Sauces?

CharlieDelta

Hi,

I am really struggling to find something to stop my turkey/chicken/beef being boring during the attack phase, can anyone help? I have the book but it's not too clear on what I can and can't have in the line of gravy granules etc. At the moment I am having plain, cooked meat but really need to get some inspiration.

PS I'm a newbie so I will get better :)

Don't think gravy granules - think home-made marinade.

Here's one:

Slice a raw turkey breast into chunks, and put it in a plastic bag with zero fat yogurt, chopped garlic, chopped fresh ginger, chopped fresh corinader, chopped green chillis, salt, pepper, garum massala (powder, not paste) and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Massage the bag to mix it all up and stick in the bottom of the fridge for a day.

Then, when you are ready to eat, fish out a few pieces and whack under the grill!

Personally I really say no to all of those - if you look at the ingredients of the gravy granules you are paying for a spoonful of potato starch, sugar, vegetable oil and salt, with a pinch of herbs.

If you were to make your own sauce, by mixing flour, sugar, oil and salt, you would know you were breaking the rules you accept to make make the diet work. So why would it suddenly be alright to add the same ingredients out of a tub (at 5 times the price) because a big corporation slaps the word "low salt" or "low fat" on it?

Hey hunni
I'm new too
And had turkey breasts baked in the oven
Stuffed with low fat cottage cheese and chives
Then made a marinade of lemon juice garlic and oregano
:)
Dukan type Kiev thingys!!lol xxx

Hey hunni
I'm new too

Sounds delicious! (Files for future use...)

You can also take a chicken breast, an egg yolk, and use oatbran for breadcrumbs... lovely! Put garlic in for a kiev! (Oatbran obviously needs to be the amount for a day's intake, 1.5 tbspn if in attack, 2 tbspn in Cruise.)

forget gravy granules!

Hey hunni
I'm new too

Yum! Sounds lovely xx

Back