Dropping clothes sizes...what the hell???

ByeByeBelly

OK, I've been on EE since June, the couple of months were good but the last two I've just faffed around not really doing anything but over the last 4 months I've lost ½lb short of 2 stone! (1½ at SW and ½ before) but...and I mean BUT...my clothes size is driving me nuts! :(

I started out at size 20-22 jeans, depending on the cut. The jeans I have are too big and I can pull them down without undoing them but I cannot yet fit into an 18!!!! :mad: This is driving me INSANE!! I've tried several different brands as I know the cuts can be different depending on the manufacturer but not one pair fits! :cry:

On the plus side, I did buy a really cheap (stretchy...hahaha!) top from Tesco's on Friday was is a size 16! :D It's a bit snug but it fits and surprisingly comfortable, and I wore it to work today! :)

Does anyone else have this problem re. clothes or am I just the only abnormal person out there???

Edited to say: It's not just jeans I'm having trouble with but all trousers.

Well done on your amazing loss hun! I was the same when a size 22 I had to wear belts as couldnt fit in a 20 then all of a sudden I was an 18, its like my body skipped a size lol Im big hip and thighs type of girl though!

im a size 15 !!! 14 toooo small and 16 is too big!!!!

Hi BBB, Well I can asure you that you are not alone. I am 5' and no matter what weight I am trousers/jeans are all too long from the waist to the gusset so I always have to alter them. I used to unpick the waist band, which was often extremely difficult, but now I just cut the band off, cut out about 2" and sew it back on. I also have the same problem with skirts especially the larger sizes. They always assume that the larger you are the taller you must be! Thus, a skirt for my sizes usually reaches nearly to the floor!
Makes me scream!:D

im the same :( 18 too big, 16 too small! im a size 17! such a pain!!! x

was gonna say your probably a inbetween size, a 19 in your case. As above its not uncommon. Stick with it, you'll be down a full size in no time.

Clothes labels are such a problem, in that there not a fixed size. When i got to target i went on a new clothes shopping spree. mostly could get size 10 :). went in to Next for some nice going out trousers, took about 10 different styles in. the pair i bought were a 10, but in other styles i couldnt get the 14's on!!! or the 12's in some. so the clothes size is really a guide. I then got into a size 6 dress and skirt from Jane Norman, but could only just get into there 12 trousers! ( obviously different shapes of clothing, but still, a 3 dress size difference)

Think the best way to be able to monitor your losses is to measure yourself and see what your loosing in inches

Thank you all for your answers, it's good to know I'm not abnormal! LOL

Hopefully the lower half will catch up with the top half quicker than it is at the moment!

Good luck everyone in your own weight losses! :)

x

im the same :( 18 too big, 16 too small! im a size 17! such a pain!!! x

Ditto! Driving me mad lol The 18's are making it look like my ass fell off but the 16's stop me being able to breathe :mad:

Ditto! Driving me mad lol The 18's are making it look like my ass fell off but the 16's stop me being able to breathe :mad:

exactly the same as me!!! really unattractive plus I have to keep bloody pulling them up which is driving me mad!!

Back