dropping dress sizes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Woodsylou, 13 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I just wondered at what kind of weight loss did people notice a dress size change?

i assume the slimmer members notice a dress size change with fewer pounds?

i think i was in denial about my size pre-sw so was wearing a size 18 but was probably more a size 20. I am still in my size 18's but they are getting lose, i can't wait to get into a size 16!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have gone to a size 16 waist that were getting tight! Sometimes a 16 wouldn't fit either :( Top 16/18 & again they sometimes wouldn't fit comfortably.

Now :D Size 12 waist & some of the new jeans I already have are getting loose!! & tops, comfortable size 14 :D

I am so so pleased so far. Monsoon is my fav shop ever. I have a few dresses upstairs in an 18 - I have just recently purchased one in a 12:eek:

4. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I was doing WW (the only time I have ever managed to lose a substantial amount of weight to date), it was around 2 stone before I felt a difference and people started to comment on it too.

5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

my C says the rough guide is every 10lbs! i was a 22 and i am currently a 19 bottom - although some 18's fit, and a 16 - 18 - 20 top....strange!!! :D

all shops are different, so i never really know the actual size, as a Next 18 is not the same as a New look 18, or a River Island 18!!!

stress-tastic! x

6. isobels

isobels Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have just gone down to a 12. I have lost 1st 8lb, it does seen to take a lot of weight loss before I see a change in size. I dont have loads of weight to lose about another 1st 7lb.

7. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I didn't notice a proper change until I had lost 1.5 stones, once I got past that though the changes happened so fast I barely had time to wear the new sizes before they got too big again.

8. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I am just about fitting into size 12s after being a size 16 initially, and even then some 16s were starting to get tight! Size 12 is fitting better from waist and below - need to lose more off my chest.

Saying that my wardrobe currently consists of a variety of sizes - I have a size 10 cardigan, size 10-12 tops, size 12-14 tops, then clothes ranging from single sizes of 12, 14 and even some tiny 16s that fit more like a 14! Don't you just hate the huge difference in sizing from shop to shop?

9. jessthecat

jessthecat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    ♥ Slimming world ♥
    Im the same,Im still in my size 18 clothes but just not sticking over the top of them as much......I think i too was more of a 20...I can't wait to change sizes I thought after losing 22.5lbs I would look and feel really diffrent,but think ive just lost it on my face for now....Im hoping from now on is when i will start to notice x x

10. debjk

debjk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(24.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I was an 18 squeezing into size 16 lol I have lost almost 2 stone and now wear comfortably size 14 some are actually too big and recently I bought myself some skinny jeans from tesco in a 12 with the intention that I will slim into them when they came I tried them on and they fit!!! I do agree tho some sizes are way off I find asda jeans huge had some 14s which I bought before christmas to slim into and they were too big at christmas and I mean hugely too big yet I have a pair of 14s I got from matalan and they only just fit although once I have worn them an hour or so they do loosen a bit :D at christmas I couldnt even get the button close to doing up.

11. HoneyBlossom

HoneyBlossom Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(10.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I HATE that every shop is a different size!! Make u feel terrible when buying clothes!! I'm generally a 16 but in some shops e.g river island these are tight.. Spesh jeans! Want to get down to a 12 at least.

12. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(36.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I dropped a size for every 1.5 stone or so. I decided that in the same way I had my official wi each week on the ww scales - no other sacales counted - I would make next my official shop for gauging my dress size lol. Since all shops are different. So every now and then I would go to next to try on jeans, and that decided in my mind when I dropped sizes.

13. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I was comfortably into a 20 when I started, now the 20s are very loose, my 18s are 'snug' so I think I'm _almost_ down a size at 10.5lbs

14. Takethat76

Takethat76 Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.31%)
    I am currently in 20's, but have loads of 18's upstairs just waiting to get into and even some 16's!
    I reckon I will have to lose at least 1 to 2 stone before i can get anywhere near the next size down.........watch this space!

15. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i am going to do that! next will be my shop to! i'm going to try jeans on in there tomorrow! good plan :)

16. melissa87

melissa87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.66%)
    I've lost 11 and although my clothes are feeling looser, I am still a size 16 (prob bcos I was an 18 and was just forcing myself into 16s! lol)

x

17. GayleH

GayleH Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Matalan is my shop that I gauge myself by as I know they cut small. Therefore if I can get into a size 18 in Matalan then most other shops will be fine too.
    I have lost 25 lbs in the past 12 weeks and have gone from a very large size 22 (Asda sized) into a Matalan size 18 (and they are loose, but not quite a 16). My biggest change has been my waist, people started noticing it straight away, I actaully have an hourglass now. Also, my boobs are shrinking. I only just bought a brand new properly fitted bra in one of those Rigby and Pellor type shops, cost me £36, and it is loose already!

I'm actually looking forward to going to a bbq this weekend for a friends birthday, haven't seen her for a year and I was always her fat friend, but now I suspect I will be slimmer than her as last time I saw her she was piling on the pounds.

18. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I would agree with every 1.5 stones I think! I've nearly lost that now and my size 16 jeans are literally falling off me! I've been buying size 14 tops and I bought a skirt in a 12 the other day! (very elasticated waist tho) :p

19. BexBex

BexBex Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I started SW I was a size 12/14 (a squeeze of a 12) now after loosing just over 3st im a 6/8 so roughly every 1st is a size down for me! x

20. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I started I was a size 18 for tops and size 20 on the bottom. And now........I'm exactly the same!! Even though i'm nearly 2 stone lighter! :(

21. Littleali21

Littleali21 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I started at a 16..

I have lost 21lb and am now into 14s.

Although my SKINNY jeans from PRIMARK are a 14 and are starting to fall down when I walk, so I am hoping it will soon be 12s all round :) !!

Also, speaking of Primark....saw some lovely linen pants for summer, only had them in a 14. Thought I would risk it for a biscuit as by the time the summer actually got here, they would/should fit. Tried them on and they fit me now!!

Everyone knows Primark sizes are dodgy, so I am happy-ish lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.