dropping dress sizes

Woodsylou

Silver Member
I just wondered at what kind of weight loss did people notice a dress size change?

i assume the slimmer members notice a dress size change with fewer pounds?

i think i was in denial about my size pre-sw so was wearing a size 18 but was probably more a size 20. I am still in my size 18's but they are getting lose, i can't wait to get into a size 16!

I have gone to a size 16 waist that were getting tight! Sometimes a 16 wouldn't fit either :( Top 16/18 & again they sometimes wouldn't fit comfortably.

Now :D Size 12 waist & some of the new jeans I already have are getting loose!! & tops, comfortable size 14 :D

I am so so pleased so far. Monsoon is my fav shop ever. I have a few dresses upstairs in an 18 - I have just recently purchased one in a 12:eek:

When I was doing WW (the only time I have ever managed to lose a substantial amount of weight to date), it was around 2 stone before I felt a difference and people started to comment on it too.

my C says the rough guide is every 10lbs! i was a 22 and i am currently a 19 bottom - although some 18's fit, and a 16 - 18 - 20 top....strange!!! :D

all shops are different, so i never really know the actual size, as a Next 18 is not the same as a New look 18, or a River Island 18!!!

stress-tastic! x

I have just gone down to a 12. I have lost 1st 8lb, it does seen to take a lot of weight loss before I see a change in size. I dont have loads of weight to lose about another 1st 7lb.

I didn't notice a proper change until I had lost 1.5 stones, once I got past that though the changes happened so fast I barely had time to wear the new sizes before they got too big again.

I am just about fitting into size 12s after being a size 16 initially, and even then some 16s were starting to get tight! Size 12 is fitting better from waist and below - need to lose more off my chest.

Saying that my wardrobe currently consists of a variety of sizes - I have a size 10 cardigan, size 10-12 tops, size 12-14 tops, then clothes ranging from single sizes of 12, 14 and even some tiny 16s that fit more like a 14! Don't you just hate the huge difference in sizing from shop to shop?

Im the same,Im still in my size 18 clothes but just not sticking over the top of them as much......I think i too was more of a 20...I can't wait to change sizes I thought after losing 22.5lbs I would look and feel really diffrent,but think ive just lost it on my face for now....Im hoping from now on is when i will start to notice x x

I was an 18 squeezing into size 16 lol I have lost almost 2 stone and now wear comfortably size 14 some are actually too big and recently I bought myself some skinny jeans from tesco in a 12 with the intention that I will slim into them when they came I tried them on and they fit!!! I do agree tho some sizes are way off I find asda jeans huge had some 14s which I bought before christmas to slim into and they were too big at christmas and I mean hugely too big yet I have a pair of 14s I got from matalan and they only just fit although once I have worn them an hour or so they do loosen a bit :D at christmas I couldnt even get the button close to doing up.

I HATE that every shop is a different size!! Make u feel terrible when buying clothes!! I'm generally a 16 but in some shops e.g river island these are tight.. Spesh jeans! Want to get down to a 12 at least.

I dropped a size for every 1.5 stone or so. I decided that in the same way I had my official wi each week on the ww scales - no other sacales counted - I would make next my official shop for gauging my dress size lol. Since all shops are different. So every now and then I would go to next to try on jeans, and that decided in my mind when I dropped sizes.

I was comfortably into a 20 when I started, now the 20s are very loose, my 18s are 'snug' so I think I'm _almost_ down a size at 10.5lbs

I am currently in 20's, but have loads of 18's upstairs just waiting to get into and even some 16's!
I reckon I will have to lose at least 1 to 2 stone before i can get anywhere near the next size down.........watch this space!

I dropped a size for every 1.5 stone or so. I decided that in the same way I had my official wi each week on the ww scales - no other sacales counted - I would make next my official shop for gauging my dress size lol. Since all shops are different. So every now and then I would go to next to try on jeans, and that decided in my mind when I dropped sizes.

i am going to do that! next will be my shop to! i'm going to try jeans on in there tomorrow! good plan :)

I've lost 11 and although my clothes are feeling looser, I am still a size 16 (prob bcos I was an 18 and was just forcing myself into 16s! lol)

x

Matalan is my shop that I gauge myself by as I know they cut small. Therefore if I can get into a size 18 in Matalan then most other shops will be fine too.
I have lost 25 lbs in the past 12 weeks and have gone from a very large size 22 (Asda sized) into a Matalan size 18 (and they are loose, but not quite a 16). My biggest change has been my waist, people started noticing it straight away, I actaully have an hourglass now. Also, my boobs are shrinking. I only just bought a brand new properly fitted bra in one of those Rigby and Pellor type shops, cost me £36, and it is loose already!

I'm actually looking forward to going to a bbq this weekend for a friends birthday, haven't seen her for a year and I was always her fat friend, but now I suspect I will be slimmer than her as last time I saw her she was piling on the pounds.

I would agree with every 1.5 stones I think! I've nearly lost that now and my size 16 jeans are literally falling off me! I've been buying size 14 tops and I bought a skirt in a 12 the other day! (very elasticated waist tho) :p

When I started SW I was a size 12/14 (a squeeze of a 12) now after loosing just over 3st im a 6/8 so roughly every 1st is a size down for me! x

When I started I was a size 18 for tops and size 20 on the bottom. And now........I'm exactly the same!! Even though i'm nearly 2 stone lighter! :(

I started at a 16..

I have lost 21lb and am now into 14s.

Although my SKINNY jeans from PRIMARK are a 14 and are starting to fall down when I walk, so I am hoping it will soon be 12s all round :) !!

Also, speaking of Primark....saw some lovely linen pants for summer, only had them in a 14. Thought I would risk it for a biscuit as by the time the summer actually got here, they would/should fit. Tried them on and they fit me now!!

Everyone knows Primark sizes are dodgy, so I am happy-ish lol.

Back