Dublin, Ireland Meet -Saturday 30th June, 2007

Morning Peeps,

Roch, Lisee and Olijames, I've taken down your latest requests. Still waiting to hear back from Gen...

I still believe that Ryan Air are the only low fares airline that flies into Dublin, wishing ya all luck getting cheap fares, they are good, sometimes only 0.99 each way, its the airport taxes that raises the price..

like anywhere early booking is the secret...LOL...

ok guys.... the weekend of the 30th of June is when Justin Timerlake is playing here so dublin is going to be jammers.... hence the best rate the hilton can give me is €175 room only per night and the rooms are for 2 people... i think that is very expensive cos i have just done a search for jurys in christchurch and just going off an internet price its €150 room only.... but that could change when ya go to book it... ya know urself.....

so i reckon wherever we stay that weekend its gonna be expensive.. dublin tends to up prices if there is anything going on... but if you want i'll do a bit more research??? In fact i'm gonna check with the dearer hotels we deal with now and see what rates but i reckon they are gonna be crazy money... but i'll check anyway!!!

date change maybe??????

Gen xx

Maybe ... can afford the airfare ... but not hotel!!! What's the passenger lounge like in Dublin airport??!!!

Maybe Dizzy and Mizzy can come to if we have another date .... what about one of the May Bank Holiday weekends - so then any who want to can stay an extra day without taking hols???

:mad: justin timberlake...pi&&ing on OUR minimins meet parade...how dare he?:mad:

:D Cheek!!!:D

Be a good atmosphere maybe..or maybe too busy??? Who knows...whatever..i'll be there with bells on!:) :eek:

Hi Gen,

thanks for the research...

I've no problem with date changes, just hard if we knock back to that stage again..

I've just searched on Jurys hotels site and got a rate of €115.00 per nite, thats approx £75-80 per nite.

Promotional Rate 3 Special Discounted Rate/Room Only/Tax InclDaily Rate (per room) Total Rate.
trans.gif
Large Modern Std Room Double Pullout Couch Coffee maker, Hdryer, Multi Channel TV 115.00EUR 115.00EUR

Anybody mind if we change the meet day so we get it out of the high season rate????????

Other than that we'd have to book ASAP to avail of whatever cheap offers that are still out there..

Cheap Hotels Dublin
[SIZE=-1]Hotels.com [/SIZE]

Anybody mind if we change the meet day so we get it out of the high season rate????????

Caz it is a shame to have to change dates when we had nearly all agreed ... any chance of Justin changing dates do you think???!!!

What about either of the May Bank Hols??? Weekend of 5th/6th/7th or 26th/27/28 - do you get the same days off in Ireland????

OMG, genius the end of May is a bank holiday for england but not for Ireland, so that means they won't charge rip off prices over here, that means that most of you won't have to use up any annual leave days to do it....

Just checked Jury's it'd still be €115euro...

Gosh I didn't realise how much of a headache this would be....

People have a think and post what you decide.

I was gonna say I was really disappointed as I definitely cannot make the June 30th date.. I actually land in Gatwick on the morning of the 29th having flown in from Tobago so there is simply no chance of me getting there on or near the 30th. Eeek - just read about Justin Timberlake and the hiking of prices!! Place will be mobbed with women! lol

The other thing to consider (perhaps) is that school hols start in the uk around the 2nd week of July so from then on flights will be loads too..

Wasn't the first weekend of July suggested initially?

No Change From Original Date....june 30th, 2007

Ok All, I've waited 14hrs...LOL...thanks Gen,Kazz, FFnF and Flirty for your updates...

Sorry FFnF, I've decided to stick with the original date 30th of June, way I figure it is, we're never gonna get a weekend where somethings not going on, a concert, a football match, this is Dublin a major european capital after all.

Best thing would be if your interested in coming is to book your flights/hotels asap...

Hotels;; doesn't have to be the same hotel, you just need to get one in and around city centre, i'm available to PM me if ya need to check any particular one before booking

Hotels in Dublin , Ireland

I know that Ryanair are the lowest budget airline flying into Dublin so trust me your not gonna find it any cheaper no matter where you search...p.s. I will eat my hat if you do, cuz in all my years i've never found cheaper LOL..

Ryanair.com - CHEAP FLIGHTS - Fly Cheaper, Car hire, Hotels, Travel Insurance

As far as rate of exchange goes, the easiest way to explain it is if its £100 GBP its gonna be €150 Euro etc, so £60 GBP is €90 Euro etc. If in doubt when looking at Euro price, divide by 3 and multiple by 2, and ya got your sterling equivalent.

Dublin Tourism - Pubs - Zanzibar

hi caroline...

just went to book my flight... fly 30th june and come back on the 1st july..... so ill be arriving on this date :)

can you recommend a hotel one that there are a few people going to and i will book asap... :) i looked through your link but there are many....

getting excited now!! hehe

thanks

Lisee xx

Camden Deluxe Hotel, €80/£53 per double room per nite

:D Hi Peeps,

I've taken the bull by the horn and booked my room so don't leave me hanging.

The best value hotel that I have found is the Camden Deluxe Hotel, its costing €80 per twin/double room whether single or double occupancy, this works out at about £53 sterling.

For those that know Dublin, this hotel is at the top of Camden Street, opposite "The Bleeding Horse" great pub, and the Luas (tram)

I personally know this hotel and its lovely, don't know why its not gotten its 3star rating, all rooms are en-suite

Hopefully my link here will bring you straight to the hotel...Surprisingly I used a different search engine for this hotel and they were looking to charge more, but I HAVE BOOKED and its costing me €80....:D :D

Hotels in Dublin - BOOKING.COM online hotel reservations=

If the link up above doesn't work for you, then do a search through the link in my previous post, for the dates you require and advanced search on two star...

Ok just so ya know, I'm going to waiting apprehensively until I hear someone else has actually booked...the time for decisions is now, this rate is absolutely brilliant for the centre of Dublin at high season and with wee Justin T in toon as well, wonder if he's heard about the great rate LOL..

Flights booked!!!!!!!!!!! Coming across on Friday night .... just deciding on hotels - will book hotel next ... so is everyone going for the Camden???

I would love to book up immediately but I dont have the money just yet, will as soon as I can though.

Hi Nikki,

not trying to push ya, but just wanted to let you know that they won't charge your credit card now, only on arrival...

the Dylan looks lush...;)

LOL,, yeh 5 star,,,very lush if ya can afford it €290 per nite...you'll need taxis cuz its slightly outside the centre of Dub where we'll be partying...LOL;)

Back