****DUBLIN MEET**** - 17th-19th September 2010

Which suits best.. August or September for Dublin meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, can I ask, is there a particular reason why we have to be in temple bar, or near? There are some adequate hotels just outside the city centre that would be better value. What is the concensus. And to be honest I hate Saturday night out in the city centre, what do you think Gen and Mitts?
xx

I'm still debating wether I can afford it or not although would really love to and would be another new experience - flying on me tod ......

Can get flights from Luton (dad can take me as they live there) for £48 all in (£30 of that is the case !!!!!)
And see that the travellodge @ Dublin Airport has a double room for £39 is someone was willing to share.....??

Bit unsure of then getting bus to wherever but sure there would be others arriving @ Airport....

Oooohhh - I just don't know :)

I so want to....... am scared though.......
Jools - whare are ya ?? what you doing ?

Hunny, there is a direct bus from the airport to the city centre, and Im sure we can make sure one of us is there to meet you. The airport hotel is a bit out of the way, I was thinking somewhere nearer? As I said, how determined is everyone to be in the city centre?
xx

Said it was 3.7 miles from city centre - @ Ballymun ??
Is that too far then ?

Ya Fitz keep away from Ballymun! Not a good area. I think Clarri is on to something with not staying right in the City Centre, maybe a little outside. Am sure anyone who wants to go in during the day and do the touristy things will, surely for the rest of us we just need a venue for a few drinks and a chat on the Sat night?

Hi all, sorry won't be able to make it after all, wasn't sure at the beginning but we are off to Majorca on 12th and not back until 24th, so hope you all have a lovely time and perhaps I can make the next one x x

The Gibson Hotel

OK people, the above hotel has double rooms for 99 and triples for 109 for the 18th September. It's beside the O2 in Dublin, about a 20 minute walk from the centre BUT has a tram stop outside the door that gets you into city centre in about 7 mins! The tram (Luas) outside the door also goes by Busaras, the main bus depot in Dublin, and buses from the airport stop there. There are a couple of little places near the hotel we could meet in - would be a little quieter than the normal city centre mayhem, but easily accessible for those that do!

Any thoughts? It's a new hotel and meant to be lurvely!

The Arlington was offering me bed and breakfast for 99 euros - there's 2, one of which is in Temple Bar. 99 euros for a room with no breakfast seems a lot of money. I know I said I wasn't coming but I'm still looking and interested x

www.arlingtonhoteltemplebar.com

I'm just sleeping on th Saturday night (and maybe not for long;)) Will go with the flow..... xxx

I don't think I'll be able to make it - even 99 for double is too much for me - flights another 50 plus travelling to Airport from Norwich then spending money too - really wanted to come but will hopefully make the next one...... plus it's my folks 45th Wedding Anniv 18th Sept (forgot it was a big one) so may well have a family meal now .

To be honest i don't think you will find any cheaper than 99 for a double room anywhere within reasonable distance of the centre of Dublin. If people share then that would be 50 euro each, would that be an option?

The Arlington is fine - v good location and that price seems quite reasonable. My parents have stayed there before and been very pleased with it!

I can't find the 99 euro Arlington rooms.

I don't mind being out of the city centre, I'm just worring about finding wherever we are from the airport !!

I booked my flights as only having hand luggage, so am hoping I've got a bag that's the right size that I can fit a couple of outfits in and a washbag - figured that's all I need !! Haven't sorted out my girls yet and just found out my mum will be in France then !!

I sent an email and asked about single occupancy Caws - they emailed back x

Gemstone, was your Arlington price for single occupancy? Then i defo think the Gibson is better value, 99 for a double room, 109 for a triple room. It is 20 mins walk from the centre but the tram leaves from outside the door every 5 mins and brings you straight in. It's also handy for the airport as the airport buses stop at a tram stop that brings you to the hotel.

Yes it was for single occupancy Mitten - it does sound like yours is better value x

Is it the Gibson then ? My flights booked i'm over for fri n sat as I can see/stay with family..

Bumping...... cos I reckon the earlier we book accommodation the cheaper it'll be..... what's the concensus? :) xx

Back