dukan and calories

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by maddy1, 27 November 2011 Social URL.

1. maddy1

maddy1 Full Member

Diet:
    dukan
    hi guys, starting the attack phase tomorrow, got everything organised, just a quick question, obviously eating only protein, and maybe snacking on it too, do you all try and watch your calorie intake too or just eat when hungry ???
    any answers would be great ,
    hope you can help

Jane xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jezzebell

jezzebell Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(6.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    i just eat when i'm hungry. Never enters my mind about how many calories i'm eating

4. maddy1

maddy1 Full Member

Diet:
    dukan
    thank you, i thought that was the case been checking the the cals on the protein i will be aeating and its quite low,

many thanks xx

5. Rednicola

Rednicola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(5.15%)
    Diet:
    Primal & intermittent fasting
    Hi Jane I never look at Cals for the day ...eat when I'm hungry although I do try to keep it at 3 meals .....have been known to eat a full chicken lol xx

Good luck tomorrow are you doing a diary on here ???

6. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Dukan
    the more protein you eat the quicker the weight loss - dont even think about calories. Just eat whatever is on the Dukan list :)

7. slimdreamer

slimdreamer Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    IE
    I have found in the beginning the more lean protein you eat the more you lose. I would imagine it has something to do with fooling the body in which it burns more fat because it doesn't see it as a diet.

However, if you eat too little it will go into starvation mode and will hold on to the fat so I would be careful and make sure you eat enough.

Having said all that, the closer to goal (at least with my experience) the harder it becomes and calories start playing a part. :(

Good luck!

8. maddy1

maddy1 Full Member

Diet:
    dukan
    thank you all, yes im hoping to start a diary , think it will keep me motivated,

looking forward to it ..xx

9. Supertonic

Supertonic Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.81%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I think the beauty of this diet is that you dont have to worry about calories, just eat whatever you fancy from the permitted list. It may well be that if you did tot it all up, the total of calories would be fairly modest, but the point is, it doesn't matter. You will feel full long before you get to any arbitrary figure of calories.
    I don't think I would have believed it worked - but it does!

Enjoy!

10. Teddy67

Teddy67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I've always recorded my calories - but haven't tried to stick to a number consumed - the more pure, lean protein eaten the quicker you fill up - and it works out very low calorie indeed... So much so that I tend to make sure I eat enough, rather than being concerned am eating too much.

PV days I tend to average 1500 cals - PP tend to b around 1100-1300 - way lower than I would have been consuming pre-Dukan.

But I agree - if your hungry - eat. No one wants to be miserable...

11. maddy1

maddy1 Full Member

Diet:
    dukan
    Thank you everyone for your replys, that has helped me a lot xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.